Ontario Court Decriminalizes Prostitution

Sept. 29, 2010, 1:56 a.m.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/judge-decriminalizes-prostitution-in-ontario-but-ottawa-mulls-appeal/article1730433/

Good decision in my books. Long overdue. Hopefully courts in other provinces will follow suit although I'm sure this will be appealed.

Sept. 29, 2010, 3:30 a.m.

Should be legal in brothels only. Keeps the crap and shadyness off the streets…

They want to be safe? Give them a safe place to work, mandatory STD tests, and tax their earnings like any other occupation.

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

Sept. 29, 2010, 3:43 a.m.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/judge-decriminalizes-prostitution-in-ontario-but-ottawa-mulls-appeal/article1730433/

Good decision in my books. Long overdue. Hopefully courts in other provinces will follow suit although I'm sure this will be appealed.

So now you dont have to worry about getting busted by the OPP? How bout your blow?

Sept. 29, 2010, 4:58 a.m.

Should be legal in brothels only. Keeps the crap and shadyness off the streets…

They want to be safe? Give them a safe place to work, mandatory STD tests, and tax their earnings like any other occupation.

^^^^ Exactly ^^^^

Sept. 29, 2010, 6:13 a.m.

To The Next Vegas!

Ontario The Next Nevada!

Sept. 29, 2010, 7:13 a.m.

I live in East Van. I thought Protitution already was legal. Next your gonna tell me that it's against the law to shoot Heroine in my alley.

Sept. 29, 2010, 8:38 a.m.

It is against the law the shoot a heroine. But why would you shoot a heroine when you can be a hero and saver her from her heroin addiction? Only problem is I'm not sure of one can be addicted to heroin and still be a heroine.

vegetarian: an ancient word for "likes to stay home with the ladies…"

Sept. 29, 2010, 8:50 a.m.

I wouldn't savour a heroine, either. That would be cannibalism.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Sept. 29, 2010, 9:02 a.m.

I wouldn't savour a heroine, either. That would be cannibalism.

Kn.

What about Joan of Arc? The French know how to cook.

Sept. 29, 2010, 9:42 a.m.

time out, I'm not to clear on the political process and might be wrong i don't actually think the court can decriminalize anything, doesn't it have to go before the legislature and have be voted into law and I think that as it is a Criminal Code offense that applies across the whole country wouldn't it have to be done in Parliament.

i think all the court can do is set a precedent that would allow that process to begin.

i'm a has been, trying to be a never was on the comeback trail.

Sept. 29, 2010, 9:47 a.m.

It is against the law the shoot a heroine. But why would you shoot a heroine when you can be a hero and saver her from her heroin addiction? Only problem is I'm not sure of one can be addicted to heroin and still be a heroine.

that would be a tragic heroine

she could be heroically fighting for the rights of prostitutes and tragically be addicted to heroin.

There's a black card commercial in this somewhere…

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

Sept. 29, 2010, 9:57 a.m.

time out, I'm not to clear on the political process and might be wrong i don't actually think the court can decriminalize anything, doesn't it have to go before the legislature and have be voted into law and I think that as it is a Criminal Code offense that applies across the whole country wouldn't it have to be done in Parliament.

i think all the court can do is set a precedent that would allow that process to begin.

This. Interested in seeing how this unfolds. Expect Fox News conservatives to cry out against this.

Sept. 29, 2010, 10:02 a.m.

I heard on the news this morning that it could take about 5 years before it is voted into law, and yes, it would involve the entire country. Not just a pretty face lambert. ;)

Sept. 29, 2010, 10:10 a.m.

I heard on the news this morning that it could take about 5 years before it is voted into law, and yes, it would involve the entire country. Not just a pretty face lambert. ;)

First things first though. The Feds have 30 days to try to reverse the decision. Until that has passed, then start worrying about the fear mongering and vote in parliament.

So, if one wants to support this. let your local MP know where you feel this should go.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Sept. 29, 2010, 10:56 a.m.

An element of the constitution called judicial review allows for the courts to overrule a law put in place by the legislature. Not sure how I feel about this, in theory it puts a lot of power in the hands of the unelected judiciary.

On the other hand, the government also has Section 33 which they can use to overrule our basic Charter rights as well.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.