One bomber dead.....Beantown locked down

April 20, 2013, 2:37 a.m.

I have backed of preaching the alternative reality….nice to see most of you are waking.

April 20, 2013, 8:15 a.m.

I have backed of preaching the alternative reality….nice to see most of you are waking.

That phrase sums it up … it is an alternative to reality. Therefore NOT reality.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

April 20, 2013, 9:40 a.m.

April 20, 2013, 12:08 p.m.

Why does it seem to be the norm now, that when serious events like this take place, the more information I get, the less I feel I know what happened.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

April 20, 2013, 12:43 p.m.

It was planned by the Russians so that Putin can go into the Caucas area and kick more butt before the 2014 Olympics:

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

April 20, 2013, 1:38 p.m.

I find the less news media I listen to, watch, and read the happier I am in life.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

April 20, 2013, 2:29 p.m.

Don't blame the messenger - the recipient has to work on their interpretation skills.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

April 20, 2013, 5:51 p.m.

I pulled this off the New York Times website. It's a statement from the police.

Around 12:30 a.m., on a residential street, a Watertown police officer spotted the vehicles. He radioed for backup.

Law enforcement officers from across the Boston area were heading to the scene, he said, but before they could arrive, the brothers stopped their cars and opened fire.

“The two brothers are shooting at my first police officer,” the chief said. Other officers pulled up. Soon there were “six police officers in this very tight area engaged in a gunfight.”

“During the exchange, all of a sudden, something got thrown at my police officers,” he said. “There is a major explosion.” In all, he said, three bombs exploded during the exchange. Two that were thrown did not detonate. Mr. Deveau estimated that there were some 200 rounds shot during the 5- to 10-minute exchange of gunfire.

At some point, Mr. Deveau said, Tamerlan “comes out from under cover and just starts walking down the street shooting at our police officers.”

Tamerlan was “5 to 10 feet away,” still exchanging fire with the officers, when he suddenly stopped.

“He runs out of ammunition, the bad guy,” Chief Deveau said. At that point, “one of my police officers comes from the side and tackles him in the street.”

He was joined by two other officers, who wrestled Tamerlan to the ground and tried to handcuff him.

“At the same time, at the last minute, one of them yells out ‘Look out!’ and here comes the black S.U.V., the carjacked car, directly at them,” he said.

“They dive out of the way and he runs over his brother and drags him a short distance down the street,” he said.

Tamerlan was fatally injured. A transit police officer, Richard H. Donohue, was critically injured in the shootout.

I'm sorry, 200 rounds and the suspect still walked straight towards the police within 10-15 feet? Shouldn't he have been swiss cheesed by that point?

April 20, 2013, 6:04 p.m.

I'm sorry, 200 rounds and the suspect still walked straight towards the police within 10-15 feet? Shouldn't he have been swiss cheesed by that point?

200 rounds goes pretty quick in an automatic weapon. They also didn't say who fired the 200 rds, some might have been the suspect.

Also, I've never had explosives thrown at me or gotten shot at, but I bet it's pretty distracting when trying to focus and hit a target. I know cops are trained, but getting trained is different than the real thing where gunfights are fairly rare.

April 20, 2013, 6:13 p.m.

I pulled this off the New York Times website. It's a statement from the police.

I'm pretty sure they wanted to take him alive.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

April 20, 2013, 8:31 p.m.

Also, I've never had explosives thrown at me or gotten shot at, but I bet it's pretty distracting when trying to focus and hit a target. I know cops are trained, but getting trained is different than the real thing where gunfights are fairly rare.

Actually a pretty valid point. When one thinks about it NA SWAT cops rarely have situations where the perp is throwing IED's at them during the engagement. At most it is the perp shooting. So reality is they aren't trained for it. They are not the Special Projects team of the SAS who expect the perps will do anything and train for it.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

April 20, 2013, 8:55 p.m.

That phrase sums it up … it is an alternative to reality. Therefore NOT reality.

Kn.

ok…so I should say alternate perspective…or alternative to your perceived reality.
:thepimp:

April 20, 2013, 8:56 p.m.

if the explosives had blinded everyone.. literally everyone, then it makes sense that he got away. That's a very crucial point to this story that I don't understand

ready for backlash

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

April 20, 2013, 10:37 p.m.

if the explosives had blinded everyone.. literally everyone, then it makes sense that he got away. That's a very crucial point to this story that I don't understand

ready for backlash

Another excellent point. Rewoga will understand this as well.

This is called Flash Blindness,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_blindness

. Flash blindness is caused by bleaching (oversaturation) of the retinal pigment. As the pigment returns to normal, so too does sight. In daylight the eye's pupil constricts, thus reducing the amount of light entering after a flash. At night, the dark-adapted pupil is wide open so flash blindness has a greater effect and lasts longer.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

April 20, 2013, 11:20 p.m.

and then..

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity