OMG Truck tires WTF?

July 8, 2011, 5:01 p.m.

here, $142/tire and as much tire as you'll ever need

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/1/Tires/LightTruckTires/PRDOVR~0052087P/Motomaster%252BTotal%252BTerrain%252BAT.jsp?locale=en

Yea they'd probably be fine for most of the time, but there are times when I need much more than that. Kamloops mud is gnarly slick. I'm not doing anything extreme but a few times I have been at a moto race site and the roads in were pretty hairy. I'd like to have something with a wider contact patch and good stiff sidewalls, if I can.

July 8, 2011, 5:05 p.m.

here, $142/tire and as much tire as you'll ever need

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/1/Tires/LightTruckTires/PRDOVR~0052087P/Motomaster%252BTotal%252BTerrain%252BAT.jsp?locale=en

Fail.

that is the most reatrded thing ever even a retarded would say thats retarded

July 8, 2011, 5:22 p.m.

Fail.

for someone who does mostly city driving and a bit of off-road that's usually limited to gravel roads it's a perfect tire at half the cost of some of the other options being throw about.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

July 8, 2011, 5:35 p.m.

BFG A/T's. On my 2nd set of E rated tires. Rotate them every 10K and they'll last for ages. If they fit, grab a set that are snow rated. Talk to your mechanic. Mine got me a set installed and balanced for cheaper than anywhere including online.

In saying that, seeing a lot of Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs around here. Might try them next time.

"Don't talk to me about sophistication. I've been to Leeds" - George Whitebread.

July 8, 2011, 6:08 p.m.

I've said it time and time again here…Cooper discoverer ST for normal off highway use or STT for the gnar.

Pastor of Muppets

July 8, 2011, 6:17 p.m.

I've said it time and time again here…Cooper discoverer ST for normal off highway use or STT for the gnar.

Those look great.

July 8, 2011, 6:20 p.m.

BFG A/T's. On my 2nd set of E rated tires. Rotate them every 10K and they'll last for ages. If they fit, grab a set that are snow rated. Talk to your mechanic. Mine got me a set installed and balanced for cheaper than anywhere including online.

In saying that, seeing a lot of Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs around here. Might try them next time.

Dude, I'm another douche in a dodge with a hemi. I'll have to rotate hem every 200ft because I'll be lightin' 'er up every chance I get!

July 8, 2011, 6:25 p.m.

Ken, I live 4hrs away. I'm not about to drive down to pick up tires.

I know … my response was specifically tailored to APT's "point".

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

July 8, 2011, 6:26 p.m.

Probably not but you were talking out of your ass to begin with. Oh yeah, I actually need a big truck because I guess I'm one of those in the minority who actually use the truck to its full potential.

Ah, but you do have a need to belittle other vehicles/drivers that aren't "man" enough to drive a huge gas guzzler like you by calling their cars … what was that … girlie cars?

Why put down another's choice if not to make yourself feel bigger and better?

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

July 8, 2011, 6:29 p.m.

Don't buy BFG's AT if you live in kamloops

July 8, 2011, 6:29 p.m.

Serious note, how do you like your truck what kind of mileage do you get out it ?

July 8, 2011, 6:55 p.m.

First off, why no BFG's in Kamloops?

Second, the truck handles like a piece of shit. Nowhere near as good as my old Chevy was. Can take more weight more easily though. The power is nice, pulls really good. Nice on the highway. I'll be swapping out the shocks pretty soon because like every Dodge product, the suspension is shit.

The mileage is pretty good if its mostly highway and I'm not stomping on the gas. Its got cylinder deactivation in O/D when under light load. Around town the mileage is shit, but that's no surprise. Its got a 100L tank and that will last me a week and a half driving everyday.

July 8, 2011, 8:03 p.m.

Dude, I'm another douche in a dodge with a hemi. I'll have to rotate hem every 200ft because I'll be lightin' 'er up every chance I get!

Ha, ha.

"Don't talk to me about sophistication. I've been to Leeds" - George Whitebread.

July 8, 2011, 8:35 p.m.

First off, why no BFG's in Kamloops?

Second, the truck handles like a piece of shit. Nowhere near as good as my old Chevy was. Can take more weight more easily though. The power is nice, pulls really good. Nice on the highway. I'll be swapping out the shocks pretty soon because like every Dodge product, the suspension is shit.

thats cause chevys are road queens

Ha Ha! Made you look.

July 8, 2011, 8:41 p.m.

i bought some toyo open country at's 265 75 16 for my tundra last month. paid $650inc taxes and shipping to the border from theses guys www.ntwonline.com. Picked em up myself at the border and paid the hst ~$75. Cost me about $125 for mounting and balance at Kal tire. Cheapest i could find locally was $1340.00 so far the tires have been great.