Olson on death bed?

Oct. 5, 2011, 2:43 p.m.

when i get cut off by someone when driving on the highway, i want to murder them with a stapler, taking 3 days to finish the job.

but because our stupid hippy system cares more abut the victim, the punishment for the idiot that cut me off is either nothing or a traffic ticket. there is no justice in this world. that person should be murdered with a stapler…slowly.

Wow, that's deep. Did you come up with that all on your own?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 5, 2011, 2:49 p.m.

You show no sense of caring for what the victims feel, and the point is not irrational but a reality.

You have not presented any reason as to why someone like Olson should have not been executed. Even when I stated that murderers have re-offended, you stated you didn't know of any studies or facts or whatever to back that up, yet there are.

When someone becomes part of the somewhat small group of people that are the true victims, then input is very much appreciated. Until then, everyone is just being an armchair quarterback.

Tell us switch, do you know any of the family of Olson's victims? I do. He killed one of my best friend's cousins. Are you saying I don't care about them? I also knew a little girl named Jenny that was abducted, molested, killed, and dumped in a park. Her funeral and wake was one of the most painful experiences in my life and I was only about 12 at the time. You can't imagine the grief. Nobody should ever have to attend something like that. Her mother broke down in front of everyone screaming during the service while I tried to distract her older brother. It destroyed their family within a year.

Guess what? I would have loved to see that fucker die right in front of me. But that isn't how the justice system works.

Oct. 5, 2011, 2:51 p.m.

Not Christian, just logical

That's the funniest and least accurate post of the year.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Oct. 5, 2011, 3:05 p.m.

when i get cut off by someone when driving on the highway, i want to murder them with a stapler, taking 3 days to finish the job.

but because our stupid hippy system cares more abut the victim, the punishment for the idiot that cut me off is either nothing or a traffic ticket. there is no justice in this world. that person should be murdered with a stapler…slowly.

What got hurt when you got cut off? Punishment to fit the crime is what I've been talking about. Cut someone off and get a ticket and demerits, do it enough and lose your license. Murder enough people and get executed. I don't think anyone is advocating execution for the guy who shoots someone in the drug deal gone wrong or who walks in on his wife with another man and freaks out

Special cases like Olson require special punishment.

Oct. 5, 2011, 3:11 p.m.

Tell us switch, do you know any of the family of Olson's victims? I do. He killed one of my best friend's cousins. Are you saying I don't care about them? I also knew a little girl named Jenny that was abducted, molested, killed, and dumped in a park. Her funeral and wake was one of the most painful experiences in my life and I was only about 12 at the time. You can't imagine the grief. Nobody should ever have to attend something like that. Her mother broke down in front of everyone screaming during the service while I tried to distract her older brother. It destroyed their family within a year.

Guess what? I would have loved to see that fucker die right in front of me. But that isn't how the justice system works.

That's exactly how the justice system shouldn't work when it comes to execution. Emotions should not be a part of the decision to execute someone. The crimes and the offender should be reviewed by people who are not close to the situation and a decision be made based on a set criteria.

Oct. 5, 2011, 3:18 p.m.

That's exactly how the justice system shouldn't work when it comes to execution. Emotions should not be a part of the decision to execute someone. The crimes and the offender should be reviewed by people who are not close to the situation and a decision be made based on a set criteria.

But if vengeance for the victim isn't the reason for the death penalty, then why have it?

Oct. 7, 2011, 8:56 a.m.

But if vengeance for the victim isn't the reason for the death penalty, then why have it?

Resources. Prison is supposed to be about rehabilitation if someone has no chance of being rehabilitated like Olson why spend the time and money keeping him locked up. That money could be used on other prisoners and programs to actually do some good. Training, therapy, rehab… ect.

You might say this is cold and callous, but how is it any different than two people who are sick. One is terminal and beyond help and one can be saved with treatments. Do we try and save the terminal guy and risk not saving the guy who can be cured?

Oct. 7, 2011, 9:04 a.m.

You "kill kill kill" folks are like rottweilers. Just won't let go, willya?

Kn.

Oct. 7, 2011, 9:17 a.m.

You "kill kill kill" folks are like rottweilers. Just won't let go, willya?

Kn.

Meh. You've not provided a valid argument why someone like Olson should have millions spent on him, let alone exist in our society.

You also didn't reply to my counter on your criticism of Christians that are proponents of the death penalty, which isn't much of a surprise.

I read various arguments for the death penalty, and the anti death penalty crowd provide no valid arguments (except some by spaztic) and instead just ooze a "we're superior because we believe we're taking the moral highroad" mentality.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 7, 2011, 9:30 a.m.

Meh. You've not provided a valid argument why someone like Olson should have millions spent on him, let alone exist in our society.

I read various arguments for the death penalty, and the anti death penalty crowd provide no valid arguments (except some by spaztic) and instead just ooze a "we're superior because we believe we're taking the moral highroad" mentality.

Several very valid points have been raised and you still stick to unethical arguments like economics. Human life is not evaluated in $$$. That's a very dangerous road to take.

You also didn't reply to my counter on your criticism of Christians that are proponents of the death penalty, which isn't much of a surprise.

Your "counter" is shit. I'm not going to take any time to look up bible verses. Include the whole verse if you wish a response, not just verse numbers. Besides, I can use the bible against christians … it's their rule book. Christians can't use the bible against me … I don't use that piece of toilet paper to govern my ethical decisions.

Kn.

Oct. 7, 2011, 9:44 a.m.

Several very valid points have been raised and you still stick to unethical arguments like economics. Human life is not evaluated in $$$. That's a very dangerous road to take.

Kn.

How does society benefit by keeping someone like Olson in prison for the rest of his life?

If we executed him and used the money to rehabilitate 500 prisoners who went on to be contributing members of society would that be ok?

Oct. 7, 2011, 9:50 a.m.

Kn.

Oct. 7, 2011, 9:56 a.m.

View of a Journalist Olson called all the time.

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/09/30/olson-will-not-be-missed

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Oct. 7, 2011, 10:04 a.m.

Setting aside from the fact that the death penalty is really just about vengeance, am I the only one against it because I don't want to give the government that kind of power? For me it isn't about "what if they are innocent?", although that is certainly an issue. I just don't think it is should be on the list of options.

This thread should have been over pages ago, right around the time this was brought up.

Oct. 7, 2011, 11:07 a.m.

Your "counter" is shit. I'm not going to take any time to look up bible verses. Include the whole verse if you wish a response, not just verse numbers. Besides, I can use the bible against christians … it's their rule book. Christians can't use the bible against me … I don't use that piece of toilet paper to govern my ethical decisions.

Kn.

And yet you brought up the Bible quotes. :rolleyes:

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells