Olson on death bed?

Oct. 1, 2011, 8:47 a.m.

Yes, yes you are.

Oh good comeback. You lose!

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Oct. 3, 2011, 11:52 a.m.

That said, I hope this brings some closure to the families and friends of the victims.

Not really closure. But it removes from their lives a source of pain simply knowing he exists. A thorn that keeps taking a stab at them mentally.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Oct. 3, 2011, 11:57 a.m.

How about every year we execute the top 10 worst criminals in Canada and take the money and reinvest it in the bottom 50 criminals? The ones who are actually worth saving. Using the money for rehab, training , psychiatric help… ect.

Seems like a better use of money than wasting it on people who are never going to get out, never feel remorse and have no chance of integrating into society.

I think most people can agree that the Troy Davis case should not have been a death penalty case. Olson is the poster boy for the death penalty. You wouldn't have to watch his execution and you can keep with the dream that there is good in everyone.

Oct. 3, 2011, 1:43 p.m.

How about we buy one less fighter jet and invest the billion dollars saved into better social programs so that people have less temptation to turn to crime in the first place?

Kn.

Oct. 3, 2011, 1:47 p.m.

How about we buy one less fighter jet and invest the billion dollars saved into better social programs so that people have less temptation to turn to crime in the first place?

Kn.

HIPPY!

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

Oct. 3, 2011, 2:57 p.m.

HIPPY!

No shit, eh??? I mean, other than having fulltime employment, paying taxes, having short hair, no piercings or tats, no interest whatsoever in drugs, investing in the stock market, owning a home and never wearing tie-dye, I'm totally a hippy. :D

At least from the hard-ass, kill-em-all and let god sort it out perspective.

Kn.

Oct. 3, 2011, 3:39 p.m.

So I take it the anti death penalty crowd have been outraged by the assassinations of al-Awlaki and bin Laden?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 3, 2011, 3:51 p.m.

So I take it the anti death penalty crowd

haha, if the world is ever split in to "pro death penalty" and "anti death penalty" i am proud as fuck to be in the anti

Oct. 3, 2011, 3:55 p.m.

So I take it the anti death penalty crowd have been outraged by the assassinations of al-Awlaki and bin Laden?

if that is true, i suppose the pro death penalty crowd is happy about this kind of stuff?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/11/dna-shows-texan-wrongly-executed/

Oct. 3, 2011, 4:07 p.m.

haha, if the world is ever split in to "pro death penalty" and "anti death penalty" i am proud as fuck to be in the anti

But are you outraged by the execution of bin Laden? Or should he have been left alone at his home in Pakistan?

And do you honestly believe that there is any doubt of Olson being guilty as charged?

You can act all cocky and mock terms, or you can contribute with answers that have some degree of intelligence in them.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 3, 2011, 4:08 p.m.

if that is true, i suppose the pro death penalty crowd is happy about this kind of stuff?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/11/dna-shows-texan-wrongly-executed/

Happy about what? That he was denied a stay? That he was executed? What's your point?

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Oct. 3, 2011, 4:11 p.m.

But are you outraged by the execution of bin Laden?

Was he executed? Or did he resist arrest? Before you answer, do you know for a fact one way or another? Have you seen video of the attempted arrest?

In all honesty, I think Obama would have been happier to arrest the guy and spirit him off to the US of A for a very public trial. But that's just a guess on my part. I am, however, willing to admit that I'm guessing rather that treating my guess as if it were established fact.

Kn.

Oct. 3, 2011, 4:19 p.m.

So if there is a video, then that changes your stance?

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Oct. 3, 2011, 4:30 p.m.

1. But are you outraged by the execution of bin Laden? Or should he have been left alone at his home in Pakistan?

2. And do you honestly believe that there is any doubt of Olson being guilty as charged?

3. You can act all cocky and mock terms, or you can contribute with answers that have some degree of intelligence in them.

1. i'm not sure i'd agree it was an execution. no i am not outraged. i am waiting to see how you tie that in to the canadian death penalty debate.

2. no

3. i believe i have. lots. in this thread and others

Oct. 3, 2011, 4:32 p.m.

Happy about what? That he was denied a stay? That he was executed? What's your point?

you are saying that anti death penalty people must be outraged at the death of any bad people.

i am conversely saying that pro death penalty people must be very happy when innocent people are executed.

both are really silly arguments… just driving home for you on this side of the fence how silly it sounds.

for every clifford olson and OBL there are 1000 john smiths.