Olson on death bed?

Sept. 27, 2011, 11:56 a.m.

But you could be wrong about him being guilty, so executing him would be a mistake.

Does an innocent man send a letter to one of his victims father explaining what he did to him and how he killed him?

I think a wrongly convicted man would be more preoccupied with proving his innocence and less occupied with tormenting his victims families.

Sept. 27, 2011, 12:12 p.m.

Does an innocent man send a letter to one of his victims father explaining what he did to him and how he killed him?

I think a wrongly convicted man would be more preoccupied with proving his innocence and less occupied with tormenting his victims families.

Well, according to some that is acceptable and executing him would be wrong as it reflects poorly on our society.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 27, 2011, 1:42 p.m.

Well, according to some that is acceptable

yes, the side against the death penalty has totally been arguing that it is acceptable for a serial killer to not only kill, but also torment the families after being caught. that is totally the argument. good summary enduramil.

i'm assuming your enraged by this?

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

Sept. 30, 2011, 1:42 p.m.

He's dead. This is a time I wish I believed in heaven and hell.

Sept. 30, 2011, 1:50 p.m.

i'm assuming your enraged by this?

this is my biggest pet peeve (way bigger than killing. i can only imajin i was trying to be funnay?

olson died today. good riddance you piece of crap

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

Sept. 30, 2011, 2:11 p.m.

But you could be wrong about him being guilty, so executing him would be a mistake.

Everyone who is convicted is subject to the same standard of proof in court … evidence must prove to jurors guilt beyond any reasonable doubt.

If every convict is subject to the same standard of proof, then just what do you propose as a criterion for separating the "really for sure" guilty and the "probably but only maybe" guilty? Because, you see, if the person is "maybe" guilty then they shouldn't have been convicted in the first place because the justice system is infallible … right? Every other convict in prison is proven guilty to the same standard of proof …

Do you suggest that a confession is certain guilt? Well, first problem is that under certain interrogation conditions, confessions can be extracted and later proven incorrect. And then you have the problem - if confession is "certain proof" and thus leads to harsher punishment (ie capital), don't you think that confessing to crimes will rather quickly stop?

As to Olsen's taunting of victim's families, seems that can be dealt with fairly easily without capital punishment. Really. Just takes a little imajinashun.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Sept. 30, 2011, 3:47 p.m.

Setting aside from the fact that the death penalty is really just about vengeance, am I the only one against it because I don't want to give the government that kind of power? For me it isn't about "what if they are innocent?", although that is certainly an issue. I just don't think it is should be on the list of options.

Sept. 30, 2011, 5:10 p.m.

I am not sure how much closure Olson dying will have on his victims apart from his being mentioned in the news or parole hearings. As far as the issue of the death penalty is concerned, while there are people who deserve to die, I am not sure the state should exercise that right. Georgia this week executed Troy Davis, a person where there was a great deal of concern that an innocent man was killed; this even coming from staunch capital punishment supporters. What happens if he is proven innocent? Should the governor of Georgia be arrested tried and convicted of first degree murder. He should suffer the same fate?

If Canada would ever readopt the death penalty the executioner should the the Prime minister and that duty cannot be delegated downward. If the state reserves the right to kill, it should be the person with the most accountability to do so. In the US, the state governor should carry out the death sentence and live directly with the consequences

Sept. 30, 2011, 8:07 p.m.

Setting aside from the fact that the death penalty is really just about vengeance, am I the only one against it because I don't want to give the government that kind of power? For me it isn't about "what if they are innocent?", although that is certainly an issue. I just don't think it is should be on the list of options.

right here!

i dont trust no government with my tax dollars yet alone with life and death.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Sept. 30, 2011, 8:15 p.m.

Good, he's dead. The world is a better place with him gone.

Thread killer

Sept. 30, 2011, 9:48 p.m.

Colleen Daignault, 13.

Burn in hell Olsen.

Sept. 30, 2011, 10:43 p.m.

Setting aside from the fact that the death penalty is really just about vengeance…

Any type of punishment is vengeance.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 30, 2011, 10:49 p.m.

Any type of punishment is vengeance.

Beyond stupid, and dead wrong.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Sept. 30, 2011, 10:58 p.m.

Beyond stupid, and dead wrong.

Kn.

Yes, yes you are.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Oct. 1, 2011, 12:09 a.m.

Having seen a good buddy of mine die from cancer a couple years ago, and all the pain and suffering he went though, I can honestly say that I wish Olson has lived a little longer so that he would have to suffer more.

That said, I hope this brings some closure to the families and friends of the victims.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.