Olson on death bed?

Sept. 24, 2011, 3:13 p.m.

The only part of this that pisses me off is that he is receiving medical attention. Let the SOB suffer in his cell until his last breath. No painkillers, nothing.

He's still a fellow human being…

GPABoosters: SFU/UBC course review database
:ukraine:

Youtube clips are about as useful to me as a miniskirt in Iran.

Sept. 24, 2011, 7:26 p.m.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Mother+Olson+victim+remembers+dying+husband+haunted+child+killer/5439186/story.html

To relive it again because it's all you recall while you are dying I can't fathom.

“Olson!” “Olson!” “Parole!” “Parole!”

Those were the last words screamed out in agony by Gary Rosenfeldt as he died of cancer on Feb. 8, 2009.

"Gary's cancer had metastasized to his brain. He had five brain tumours," she said of her husband and best friend. "He obviously went back into his past. He didn't know who I was, he didn't know anybody anymore but he was haunted by Clifford Olson. All he kept screaming all the time was 'Olson!' 'Olson!' and 'parole!' 'parole!'

"Gary was very agitated to the point that they had to strap him down and heavily medicate him and he passed away five days later," she says.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Sept. 25, 2011, 3:31 a.m.

Your current homeland executes people like it's going out of style.

People also murder each other like it's going out of style. Just sayin'

www.natooke.com

Sept. 26, 2011, 7:26 a.m.

People also murder each other like it's going out of style. Just sayin'

It's far to easy to generalize this.

As Gooch once mentioned, A society is judged by how it treats it's weakest members. This is a man who willingly went after children. Those who aren't capable of fighting back, this isn't an adult walking around killing adults here.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Sept. 26, 2011, 8:40 a.m.

People also deal drugs and commit tax fraud like it's going out of style. Just sayin'

fyp

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

Sept. 26, 2011, 8:52 a.m.

Not sure what your reason was for dragging out this statement;

As Gooch once mentioned, A society is judged by how it treats it's weakest members.

When it has absolutely nothing to do with this;

This is a man who willingly went after children. Those who aren't capable of fighting back, this isn't an adult walking around killing adults here.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Sept. 26, 2011, 9 a.m.

Not sure what your reason was for dragging out this statement;

When it has absolutely nothing to do with this;

Kn.

enduramil thinks "Clifford Olsen" and "society" mean the same thing.

if you think about it that way and read his posts in this thread, he makes perfect sense

Sept. 26, 2011, 9:21 a.m.

It's far to easy to generalize this.

As Gooch once mentioned, A society is judged by how it treats it's weakest members. This is a man who willingly went after children. Those who aren't capable of fighting back, this isn't an adult walking around killing adults here.

I was just trying to point out the uselessness of the death penalty as a deterrent, Switch points out that China executes a lot of people, yet murders still happen all the time. Canada has no death penalty and a very low murder rate when compared to other countries that do execute people.

www.natooke.com

Sept. 26, 2011, 10:48 a.m.

kill whitey.
:rawr:

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 26, 2011, 12:28 p.m.

so does anyone know . . . is he dead yet ?

Sept. 26, 2011, 1:15 p.m.

I was just trying to point out the uselessness of the death penalty as a deterrent, Switch points out that China executes a lot of people, yet murders still happen all the time. Canada has no death penalty and a very low murder rate when compared to other countries that do execute people.

Japan has the death penalty, and a much lower murder rate than Canada.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 26, 2011, 1:25 p.m.

Exactly. So no correlation to the death penalty being or not being a deterrent.

Any arguments left for the death penalty?

Sept. 26, 2011, 2:07 p.m.

Exactly. So no correlation to the death penalty being or not being a deterrent.

Any arguments left for the death penalty?

A rope is less expensive than ~$150k/year to keep someone in Seg who is clearly not remorseful or able to be rehabilitated.

Roughly $3.75 million alone to keep him locked up. (That's using todays rate for incarceration being held in a segregated unit) If he was in the Special Handling Unit it probably cost more than that per year.

He also collected CPP while in prison so you can add that to the tab along with the $100k he got paid to show them where the bodies were.

To people like Olson life means nothing; I doubt he'd be upset if his were ended.

Sept. 26, 2011, 2:51 p.m.

Please. Japanese society is an exception … I believe the rate of virtually all kinds of everyday criminality experienced in most societies are low in Japan. There was virtually no (zero is what I heard - maybe a slight exaggeration) looting in Japan after the earthquakes. I don't think it was because people were afraid of getting caught and punished. I think it is because the idea that common theft is dishonorable is burned into the psyche of a very, very large majority of Japanese.

Sept. 26, 2011, 3:11 p.m.

Should we be detaining animals instead of euthanizing them for the rest of the their lives if they maul humans?