Old Domestic Vehicles That Aren't Sh!t?

June 5, 2016, 2:29 p.m.

4.56 - should top out pretty quick.

Anyone know what company does the bird decal behind the left front wheel represents? Haven't seen that in years.

Thrush mufflers…

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

June 5, 2016, 2:36 p.m.

Thanks. Used to see those stickers all over the place. Must be based on a merganser.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 5, 2016, 3 p.m.

It affects resale value more than anything. Unless it's a hack job then it should be fairly obvious if it's a turd or not

Unless you found one from a good mech/bodyman that was fixing for them self or a loved family member they are almost always hacked together for as cheap as possible to maximize profit.

I'm the best at being modest !

June 5, 2016, 5:49 p.m.

….because everyone loves a good BBQ….

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

June 5, 2016, 5:51 p.m.

Unless you found one from a good mech/bodyman that was fixing for them self or a loved family member they are almost always hacked together for as cheap as possible to maximize profit.

I dunno, I know a lot of peeps that take pride in their work and try to do as good a job as possible..

Ha Ha! Made you look.

June 5, 2016, 8:05 p.m.

Thanks. Used to see those stickers all over the place. Must be based on a merganser.

Or it might just be based on something that makes more sense than a duck. Like a roadrunner for example?

June 5, 2016, 8:26 p.m.

pretty sure he meant not imported from the UK…

Those were just a rebadged simca with a VW engine

Pastor of Muppets

June 5, 2016, 8:34 p.m.

it was just the first Vibe/Matrix I found on CL. Vibe is a Pontiac (North American) version of the Toyota Matrix (Japan). Mostly the same, just a little less expensive. Rear seats fold down perfectly flat with a hard plastic backing - perfect for a bike in the back.

Vibe built in California,matrix built in Ontario

Pastor of Muppets

June 5, 2016, 8:36 p.m.

^Looks like a Talbot Horizon which had nothing to with a Golf. I'd buy one of those! And then regret it….

treezz
wow you are a ass

June 5, 2016, 8:41 p.m.

^Looks like a Talbot Horizon which had nothing to with a Golf. I'd buy one of those! And then regret it….

They were actually solid little beaters if they didn't have the Mitsubishi engine in them…..I may have jumped one a few times in my youth.

Pastor of Muppets

June 5, 2016, 8:44 p.m.

Its a Dodge Omni GLH (Goes Like Hell). 175hp for a small car back in 1985 was pretty impressive! Too bad the rest of the car wasnt…

June 5, 2016, 8:58 p.m.

May have held on for dear life as my 18 y.o. buddy took his Omni over a bridge on a county road doing 185. Happy to still be alive. The rear door was held closed with a rope. Kids r dumb.

June 5, 2016, 9:55 p.m.

Those were just a rebadged simca with a VW engine

I had a Simca in the midwest way back late '70's. First front drive euro econo-box I ever drove fuck it was fun.
Took it 4 wheelin' through the frozen gravel pits got some air all good until I snapped the half shaft. Welded it back up but it didn't last ….=/

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

June 5, 2016, 11:25 p.m.

Or it might just be based on something that makes more sense than a duck. Like a roadrunner for example?

Woody Woodpecker

Or Clay Smith Cams logo

June 6, 2016, 1:09 a.m.

Looked it up. The logo (Mr. Horsepower) precedes Woody Woodpecker, and seems it was based on a woodpecker.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells