Old Domestic Vehicles That Aren't Sh!t?

June 5, 2016, 2:29 p.m.

4.56 - should top out pretty quick.

Anyone know what company does the bird decal behind the left front wheel represents? Haven't seen that in years.

Thrush mufflers…

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

June 5, 2016, 2:36 p.m.

Thanks. Used to see those stickers all over the place. Must be based on a merganser.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 5, 2016, 3 p.m.

It affects resale value more than anything. Unless it's a hack job then it should be fairly obvious if it's a turd or not

Unless you found one from a good mech/bodyman that was fixing for them self or a loved family member they are almost always hacked together for as cheap as possible to maximize profit.

I'm the best at being modest !

June 5, 2016, 5:49 p.m.

….because everyone loves a good BBQ….

“The best propaganda is that which, as it were, works invisibly, penetrates the whole of life without the public having any knowledge of the propagandistic initiative.”

Joseph Goebbels

June 5, 2016, 5:51 p.m.

Unless you found one from a good mech/bodyman that was fixing for them self or a loved family member they are almost always hacked together for as cheap as possible to maximize profit.

I dunno, I know a lot of peeps that take pride in their work and try to do as good a job as possible..

Ha Ha! Made you look.

June 5, 2016, 8:05 p.m.

Thanks. Used to see those stickers all over the place. Must be based on a merganser.

Or it might just be based on something that makes more sense than a duck. Like a roadrunner for example?

June 5, 2016, 8:26 p.m.

pretty sure he meant not imported from the UK…

Those were just a rebadged simca with a VW engine

June 5, 2016, 8:34 p.m.

it was just the first Vibe/Matrix I found on CL. Vibe is a Pontiac (North American) version of the Toyota Matrix (Japan). Mostly the same, just a little less expensive. Rear seats fold down perfectly flat with a hard plastic backing - perfect for a bike in the back.

Vibe built in California,matrix built in Ontario

June 5, 2016, 8:36 p.m.

^Looks like a Talbot Horizon which had nothing to with a Golf. I'd buy one of those! And then regret it….

treezz
wow you are a ass

June 5, 2016, 8:41 p.m.

^Looks like a Talbot Horizon which had nothing to with a Golf. I'd buy one of those! And then regret it….

They were actually solid little beaters if they didn't have the Mitsubishi engine in them…..I may have jumped one a few times in my youth.

June 5, 2016, 8:44 p.m.

Its a Dodge Omni GLH (Goes Like Hell). 175hp for a small car back in 1985 was pretty impressive! Too bad the rest of the car wasnt…

June 5, 2016, 8:58 p.m.

May have held on for dear life as my 18 y.o. buddy took his Omni over a bridge on a county road doing 185. Happy to still be alive. The rear door was held closed with a rope. Kids r dumb.

June 5, 2016, 9:55 p.m.

Those were just a rebadged simca with a VW engine

I had a Simca in the midwest way back late '70's. First front drive euro econo-box I ever drove fuck it was fun.
Took it 4 wheelin' through the frozen gravel pits got some air all good until I snapped the half shaft. Welded it back up but it didn't last ….=/

“The best propaganda is that which, as it were, works invisibly, penetrates the whole of life without the public having any knowledge of the propagandistic initiative.”

Joseph Goebbels

June 5, 2016, 11:25 p.m.

Or it might just be based on something that makes more sense than a duck. Like a roadrunner for example?

Woody Woodpecker

Or Clay Smith Cams logo

June 6, 2016, 1:09 a.m.

Looked it up. The logo (Mr. Horsepower) precedes Woody Woodpecker, and seems it was based on a woodpecker.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells