Oil spill in English Bay

April 17, 2015, 8:34 p.m.

It took more than ten hours to get those booms around the ship, more than a day to start skimming and they're just now getting to the shoreline. In this day and age that is fucking pathetic.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/toxic-fuel-spill-in-english-bay-is-wake-up-call-for-port-says-marine-expert-1.3027241

I dunno. Seems reasonable enough for me

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 17, 2015, 8:51 p.m.

A coast guard station in that harbor might have helped. Bummer that Harper closed it down due to it's exorbitant 700K/yr price tag.

April 17, 2015, 9 p.m.

I fucking love China what are you talking about?

Alberta I'm relatively indifferent.

I'll find one of your posts where you dump all over China and the Chinese and put up a screenshot of it … but that would be too easy.

Edit: Hey look, I fell asleep watching the Flames lose and look what I posted in my sleep:

April 17, 2015, 9:07 p.m.

A coast guard station in that harbor might have helped. Bummer that Harper closed it down due to it's exorbitant 700K/yr price tag.

Why does the coast guard need to clean it up? If a plane leaks fuel at the airport I would hope the airport has its own spill response team. Shouldn't the port of Vancouver have its own spill response team. I dunno if that just makes too much sense or what

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 17, 2015, 9:10 p.m.

I'll find one of your posts where you dump all over China and the Chinese and put up a screenshot of it … but that would be too easy.

I think it's quite normal to criticize the ones you love. :lol:

www.natooke.com

April 17, 2015, 9:16 p.m.

Why does the coast guard need to clean it up? If a plane leaks fuel at the airport I would hope the airport has its own spill response team. Shouldn't the port of Vancouver have its own spill response team. I dunno if that just makes too much sense or what

The coast guard doesn't clean it up. They notice it quickly and notify the proper authorities, quickly cuz they're out on boats guarding the coast and stuff. The person in charge of sending out the clean up crews didn't even know there was a spill until 12 hours after the fact.

www.natooke.com

April 17, 2015, 9:21 p.m.

They need to save some money to buy spare parts for F35 freedom strikers.

Response time is crucial, and should have been a lot faster.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

April 17, 2015, 9:39 p.m.

The coast guard doesn't clean it up. They notice it quickly and notify the proper authorities, quickly cuz they're out on boats guarding the coast and stuff. The person in charge of sending out the clean up crews didn't even know there was a spill until 12 hours after the fact.

I wish I could get his salary while being that incompetent

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 17, 2015, 9:56 p.m.

I think it's quite normal to criticize the ones you love. :lol:

Remember - nothing dies on the Internet - except ISIS hostages and black dudes running from the cops.

April 17, 2015, 10:22 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WHe0C9lj30

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

April 18, 2015, 6:53 a.m.

It took more than ten hours to get those booms around the ship, more than a day to start skimming and they're just now getting to the shoreline. In this day and age that is fucking pathetic.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/toxic-fuel-spill-in-english-bay-is-wake-up-call-for-port-says-marine-expert-1.3027241

In comparison, the two berth port at Squamish did not have a firefighting boat and it took 3.5 hours to bring one in from Vancouver. Can you imagine being allowed to run a port with no on water firefighting capability?

Why no outrage?

This oil spill is just media hyping the flavour of the day.

April 18, 2015, 9:54 a.m.

well I read that as 3.5 hrs to get a fireboat to Squamish which given the distance is reasonable as oposed to [HTML_REMOVED] 10hrs to respond to an oil spill when the the booms are sitting on a dock in Van

April 21, 2015, noon

http://www.cknw.com/2015/04/20/coast-guard-brass-not-being-honest-about-kits-base/?sc_ref=facebook

Buddy sez here the coast guard did clean up small spills and they could have been on scene in [HTML_REMOVED] an hour, uses strong wording … sez the gov is lying

April 21, 2015, 12:56 p.m.

http://www.cknw.com/2015/04/20/coast-guard-brass-not-being-honest-about-kits-base/?sc_ref=facebook

Buddy sez here the coast guard did clean up small spills and they could have been on scene in [HTML_REMOVED] an hour, uses strong wording … sez the gov is lying

Not surprised.

that is the most reatrded thing ever even a retarded would say thats retarded

April 21, 2015, 2 p.m.

that's just one more reason to boot that lying scumbag harper and his shit bag full of cronies to the waste pile at the next election.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer