Oh, Religion

June 26, 2013, 8:48 p.m.

We can all support lingerie football, of any religion, skimpy clothes and all, we was born naked right

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

June 27, 2013, 7:02 a.m.

trying to wake them up from their sinful life and put some good into them?

Is it possible to be good without believing in your religion?

June 27, 2013, 7:31 a.m.

Of course not!

It seems to be that "holier than though" BS that the Christian religion thrives on!

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

June 27, 2013, 8:09 a.m.

100%, but I don't make post relating to non christian decisions while pointing them out with a catch phrase. And that's the funny part, as soon as WE (christian or any religion for that matter) do that, then we're the bad guys as if it's a one way train. And if we are doing something, that EVERYONE might enjoy, well, you won't hear about that. Religion is very tricky in how its portrayed. Take a couple messed up and twisted priests and then the whole Catholic church are child molesters. One over the top Southern church trying to sell religion and all of Christian churches are doing the same. People will read headlines, not get the whole story, and make a decision off of that. That's why certain media stations connected to corporate businesses can shut down operation if you ask me, but nobody was…

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

June 27, 2013, 8:56 a.m.

Religion is very tricky in how its portrayed. Take a couple messed up and twisted priests and then the whole Catholic church are child molesters.

Hang on hang on hang on. A couple?? A COUPLE???

You're either horrifically naive or purposely downplaying a serious, endemic problem.

First, the John Jay report found allegations of sexual abuse against 4,392 priests in the US alone. That report is limited to cases between 1950 and 2002, and is widely regarded as having under-reported the problem. Why don't you take a peruse through the Database of Priests Accused of Sexual Abuse in the US and then tell us that it's "just a couple of messed up priests".

Second, and more importantly, the existence of these abuses were known to the church internally, yet denied publically. When denial failed, they tried to pull religious immunity out of their ass, stating that the vatican should handle it and not the courts.

But the real crime was when a certain cardinal Rat-Zinger issued a proclamation (de delictis gravioribus) in 2001 stating that, when certain crimes (serious offenses) were committed within the church, they were to be kept within the church and handled by the church by way of ecclesiastical tribunal. Anyone (victim, witness or offender) found to be reporting these serious offenses (including priest sexual abuses) to agencies outside of the church were subject to excommunication. Apparently, for this brilliant work, he was rewarded with the top job.

So, if the victim doesn't feel that the church addressed the problem adequately, too bad. If you report to the authorities, you're out of the club.

Don't you dare trivialize the damage done by abusive priests and the church that protects them.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

June 27, 2013, 9:28 a.m.

100%, but I don't make post relating to non christian decisions while pointing them out with a catch phrase. And that's the funny part, as soon as WE (christian or any religion for that matter) do that, then we're the bad guys as if it's a one way train. And if we are doing something, that EVERYONE might enjoy, well, you won't hear about that. Religion is very tricky in how its portrayed. Take a couple messed up and twisted priests and then the whole Catholic church are child molesters. One over the top Southern church trying to sell religion and all of Christian churches are doing the same. People will read headlines, not get the whole story, and make a decision off of that. That's why certain media stations connected to corporate businesses can shut down operation if you ask me, but nobody was…

Name something that your cult…. ooops I mean religon, is doing that "everyone" enjoys.

I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

June 27, 2013, 9:30 a.m.

Hang on hang on hang on. A couple?? A COUPLE???

You're either horrifically naive or purposely downplaying a serious, endemic problem.

First, the John Jay report found allegations of sexual abuse against 4,392 priests in the US alone. That report is limited to cases between 1950 and 2002, and is widely regarded as having under-reported the problem. Why don't you take a peruse through the Database of Priests Accused of Sexual Abuse in the US and then tell us that it's "just a couple of messed up priests".

Second, and more importantly, the existence of these abuses were known to the church internally, yet denied publically. When denial failed, they tried to pull religious immunity out of their ass, stating that the vatican should handle it and not the courts.

But the real crime was when a certain cardinal Rat-Zinger issued a proclamation (de delictis gravioribus) in 2001 stating that, when certain crimes (serious offenses) were committed within the church, they were to be kept within the church and handled by the church by way of ecclesiastical tribunal. Anyone (victim, witness or offender) found to be reporting these serious offenses (including priest sexual abuses) to agencies outside of the church were subject to excommunication. Apparently, for this brilliant work, he was rewarded with the top job.

So, if the victim doesn't feel that the church addressed the problem adequately, too bad. If you report to the authorities, you're out of the club.

Don't you dare trivialize the damage done by abusive priests and the church that protects them.

Kn.

I honestly did not know it was that wide spread. That's, really messed up, hopefully none of those numbers have been skewed with either.

The reason they handle things within the church is to avoid media blow out, but, with numbers like that, it deserves some bad press, unfortunately.

June 27, 2013, 9:45 a.m.

The reason they handle things within the church is to avoid media blow out

I have better idea on how to avoid media blow out. It's called the "don't do stupid shit in the first place" theory.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

June 27, 2013, 9:51 a.m.

I honestly did not know it was that wide spread. That's, really messed up, hopefully none of those numbers have been skewed with either.

The reason they handle things within the church is to avoid media blow out, but, with numbers like that, it deserves some bad press, unfortunately.

So you didn't know about this, however you expect me to believe you know the "meaning of life"? Thanks, but I think I will look for a more credible source for my "enlightenment". Like a fortune cookie, probably both have the same chance of being right.

June 27, 2013, 10:16 a.m.

I will cut you a break. I am an atheist but I have seen the church do good things. One of my friends growing up went on to become a minister and he really was the nicest and kindest person out of all my friends. You do get painted with the same brush as the Westboro Baptist morons and that isn't really fair.

BUT, you guys have to meet us all half way and start cleaning up your house. You can start by realizing that values are just values. We all have them and do not need a reference manual to add in the footnotes. Your religion is YOUR way of believing how the world works and you are entitled to that OPINION. But that is all it is. So when something like this comes up and a member of your community uses the bible to justify an obviously sexist move you guys have to call out his bullshit. This is happening more, but still not nearly enough IMO. And if you really do believe that women have their place in society because the bibles tells you so, then the Westboro comparison is not so unfair after all.

June 27, 2013, 12:17 p.m.

I have better idea on how to avoid media blow out. It's called the "don't do stupid shit in the first place" theory.

Kn.

You mean not forbid priests to marry into a HEALTHY relationship that fulfills the basic animal instincts evolved into each and every on of us apes that cannot seem to be prayed away?

June 27, 2013, 12:31 p.m.

So you didn't know about this, however you expect me to believe you know the "meaning of life"? Thanks, but I think I will look for a more credible source for my "enlightenment". Like a fortune cookie, probably both have the same chance of being right.

No man, not knowing the actual numbers on how many young boys have had their childhood and possibly whole lives messed up, does not equal into not having a purpose from now to my death, which for me is a meaning to living this life.

I could go for some Chinese food though, want to grab some ?

June 27, 2013, 12:42 p.m.

No man, not knowing the actual numbers on how many young boys have had their childhood and possibly whole lives messed up, does not equal into not having a purpose from now to my death, which for me is a meaning to living this life.

I could go for some Chinese food though, want to grab some ?

I think this is possibly why there may never be a way to co-exist with atheists. You believe that your religious beliefs provide you with your life's purpose therefore I would have to assume that you also believe that I do not have purpose.

June 27, 2013, 12:48 p.m.

I think this is possibly why there may never be a way to co-exist with atheists. You believe that your religious beliefs provide you with your life's purpose therefore I would have to assume that you also believe that I do not have purpose.

That seems like a big assumption on your part.

June 27, 2013, 12:55 p.m.

And if you really do believe that women have their place in society because the bibles tells you so, then the Westboro comparison is not so unfair after all.

It's funny you say that, because the old testament was a little harsher on women's role in the church. For what reason? Well, the bible was written by individuals, guided by the holy spirit, yet, possibly twisted a little by, who knows, don't know that.

Fast forward to the present, we got women in high positions in our church, guest woman preachers, complete equals. Even sounds weird saying that.