Oh harper..

June 4, 2013, 9:49 a.m.

Regardless of outcome, I would very much like to see a trudeau vs. harper one-on-one debate. I'd like to see if jt can get harper to crack.

Kn.

That would be worth seeing. Initially I didn't care for harper one way or the other but lately I'm beginning to dislike the perpetually smug holier than thou look on his face.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

June 5, 2013, 9:58 p.m.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/story/2013/06/05/edmonton-brent-rathgeber-resigns-conservative-caucus.html

And now the reformacon house of cards begins to crumble.

A backbench MP from Alberta known for criticizing his own government resigned from the Conservative caucus on Wednesday night.

"I just notified the Board of Directors of the Edm-St. Albert CPC Association and the Speaker that I have resigned from the CPC Caucus," Edmonton-St. Albert MP Brent Rathgeber announced on Twitter.

"My decision to resign from the CPC Caucus is because of the Government’s lack of commitment to transparency and open government."

PMO communications director Andrew McDougall said on Twitter that Rathgeber should step down as an MP and allow a byelection because people in his riding elected a Conservative MP.

Rathgeber's resignation came after amendments to his bill — Bill C-461, also known as the CBC and Public Service Disclosure and Transparency Act — were passed by Conservative members of a House of Commons committee on Wednesday.

Rathgeber wanted public disclosure of expenses and salaries of government bureaucrats and senior CBC employees or managers earning more than $188,000 a year; the amendments raised that level to $444,661.

In a blog posting last year, Rathgeber said that people complained to him about the limousine expenses of Tory cabinet ministers when he travelled to Saskatchewan for a funeral.

Last month, he also welcomed a ruling from Speaker Andrew Scheer that allowed MPs to speak more freely in the House of Commons. Scheer made the ruling after B.C. Conservative MP Mark Warawa complained that MPs could only speak during member's statements if they were first approved by party whips.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

June 6, 2013, 4:12 p.m.

Except for jt's views on Canada vs quebec will sink him. I'm sorry but I loathe voting for someone who views himself as a quebecor first and canadian second.
When it comes to the leaders debate I see jt getting destroyed as he's too wishy washy, pandering to everyone but stands for nothing.

This ^^^^

June 6, 2013, 6:39 p.m.

Regardless of outcome, I would very much like to see a trudeau vs. harper one-on-one debate. I'd like to see if jt can get harper to crack.

Kn.

Unlike the mayor of Toronto Rob Ford, Harper is uncrackable.

Thread killer

June 6, 2013, 6:45 p.m.

Unlike the mayor of Toronto Rob Ford, Harper is uncrackable.

His power of Teflon in the last leader's debate was impressive. His parry, deflect and counter punch strategy with the short, to the point questions he has recieved as of late in question period have been comical.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

June 21, 2013, 6:45 p.m.

Good to see convicted terrorist Mahmoud Mohammad Issa Mohammad finally deported after 26 years. Jason Kenney is a beast!

Thread killer

June 21, 2013, 6:49 p.m.

Good to see convicted terrorist Mahmoud Mohammad Issa Mohammad finally deported after 26 years. Jason Kenney is a beast!

lol jason kenney what a fucking chump

June 21, 2013, 11:09 p.m.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/MacKay+orders+RCAF+take+another+look+used+presidential/8340267/story.html

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

June 25, 2013, 10:06 a.m.

So … the PMO organizes a "protest" against JT. Using parliamentary interns whose salaries are paid by you, the taxpayer.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/06/25/trudeau-protest-conservative-interns-pmo_n_3492852.html?utm_hp_ref=fb[HTML_REMOVED]src=sp[HTML_REMOVED]comm_ref=false

The Prime Minister’s Office orchestrated a protest earlier this month at which Conservative party interns mocked Liberal leader Justin Trudeau during an open-air news conference.

It is the latest revelation about the lengths to which Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s office — the nerve centre of the federal government — will go to meddle in partisan politics. Staff in the PMO, who help the party plot election strategy and who designed the first round of attack ads against Trudeau, have also been behind recent negative stories about his speaking fees.

Just last week, a Barrie, Ont., newspaper revealed that the PMO was behind leaks of unflattering information about the Liberal leader, who continues to ride high in the polls and is viewed as an electoral threat in 2015.

The Huffington Post Canada’s media requests to other agencies inquiring about the Trudeau protest also made it back to the PMO, which has been badly shaken by a Senate expense scandal that claimed former chief of staff Nigel Wright.

HuffPost has learned the PMO assembled several Conservative party interns and staff to draw up signs mocking Trudeau after being tipped off by Twitter that the Liberal leader planned to announce new measures to increase transparency in the House of Commons outside Parliament near the Centennial Flame. Holding signs quoting Tory attack ads, the young Conservatives stood behind Trudeau’s podium during his televised speech.

I wonder how long before we start seeing televised con-party ads like those produced for Mugabe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5qwnapRz24

Kn.

July 8, 2013, 10:43 a.m.

Vic Toews is retiring effective Tuesday. This should make all the haters happy.

Thread killer

July 8, 2013, 10:49 a.m.

Is that the big-government guy who wanted to increase surveillance on Canadian citizens?

July 8, 2013, 10:56 a.m.

good riddance…although I'm sure Harper will appoint some equally inept asshole.

July 8, 2013, 11:11 a.m.

Yeah, we need someone to fabricate false dichotomies for debate in the house.

Is that the big-government guy who wanted to increase surveillance on Canadian citizens?

"Big Government is watching you …"

Kn.

July 8, 2013, 5:35 p.m.

"The NSA is watching you …"

Kn.

fixt

July 8, 2013, 7:05 p.m.

So Samuel Adams Beer is being slammed for omitting the words "by their Creator" from the Declaration of Independence in their commercial. Howls of outrage. Turns out that the likes of the same people who are outraged wrote the advertising code for companies that sell beer which states "Beer advertising and marketing materials should not include religion or religious themes”.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2013/07/samuel-adams-defends-ad-omitting-god-reference/