Oh harper..

March 27, 2014, 1:59 p.m.

Is this the end of Sleepy Time Rob? Probably not.
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2014/03/27/conservative_party_scolds_mp_rob_anders_for_misleading_nomination_calls.html

But the guy is delusional.

March 27, 2014, 2:07 p.m.

these guys are sociopathic, now they're even robotrolling their own party members…seriously, this party needs to be kicked to the curb, they've totally lost the plot

March 27, 2014, 2:46 p.m.

Ah, Rob Anders, who shows us just how low the Conservatives are willing to drag Canadian politics.

"Before being elected he worked for the Republican Party on the 1994 Senate campaign of Jim Inhofe in Oklahoma as a professional heckler, which earned him the label of "a foreign political saboteur" from CNN."

March 27, 2014, 3:01 p.m.

Ah, Rob Anders, who shows us just how low the Conservatives are willing to drag Canadian politics.

"Before being elected he worked for the Republican Party on the 1994 Senate campaign of Jim Inhofe in Oklahoma as a professional heckler, which earned him the label of "a foreign political saboteur" from CNN."

Please tell me you have a link to a story that talks about this…I need to see that.

March 27, 2014, 3:15 p.m.

It's just non-stop. "Sleepy Time" Rob accuses competitor of signing up last minute members who aren't even Conservatives…doesn't consider that two people can share the same name…I guess maybe it doesn't really matter to him.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/rob-anders-says-temporary-tories-hijacking-nomination-battle-1.2588737

Made me wonder who else shares a name with somebody else in this riding…oh my goodness, you have to see this site… "Who is your favourite Conservative PM?" Kim Campbell is one of the options.
http://findaconservative.ca/ridings/calgary-signal-hill/

March 27, 2014, 3:20 p.m.

The marijuana attack ad an JT was fucking awesome. I thought it was a joke at first. Nancy Reagan called, she wants the 80's back.

I might have to break with my ideology and actually vote for JT.

Im pretty sure that one's gonna backfire against the Cons - the fact that a majority of youth in this country think it should be legalized (not just decriminalized) may actually get them out to vote - and i got a sneaking suspicion that the youth vote is not in favour of Cons….

I'm ignoring Smedley.

March 27, 2014, 4:42 p.m.

Please tell me you have a link to a story that talks about this…I need to see that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsC89GniZXI

March 29, 2014, 10:12 a.m.

Peter MacKay wishes Canada's Afghan troops had been better prepared

"I don't think the ferocity of the mission perhaps dawned on even military leaders, let alone political leaders of two different governments."

What kind of idiots are these people? Have they ever picked up a history book?

March 29, 2014, 2:06 p.m.

Peter MacKay wishes Canada's Afghan troops had been better prepared

What kind of idiots are these people? Have they ever picked up a history book?

LOL well consider that fact that for years we have specialized in "Peacekeeping" so of course we have made to with minimal equipment. And then factor in that in general we as nation when it comes to actually intervening in a war zone meaning prepared to open fire from the start and if necessary kill to do so. We have unlike the British and the French been risk adverse in this are. And because we where we also did not gain valuable experience and knowledge of the equipment one will need as well as the training.

Reality is the Canadian Army had not engaged a hostile force in a sustained fight since the Korean War. And unfortunately when we finally did so at the village of Medak. The powers that be where busy sweeping it under the rug instead of learning anything of value from it.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

March 29, 2014, 5:50 p.m.

We have unlike the British and the French been risk adverse in this are.

The Brits and French regularly conduct life-and-death combat operations to serve their own interests (in places like the African continent). They also put (compared to Canada) serious money where their mouths are (witness their nuclear deterrents, and strategic reach capability like aircraft carriers and nuclear subs). We don't even have attack helicopters. The cons are fooling themselves if they think Canada is in the same "middle" power category like those 2 former-colonial powers.

March 29, 2014, 7:52 p.m.

Nuclear armaments wouldn't have cost much. I think having the US next door deterred that.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

March 30, 2014, 3:19 a.m.

First that cocksucker goes to Israel and redefines anti-semitism in an effort to court the Jewish vote and now in a craven attempt to woo Canadians of Ukranian descent he's palm fucking Neo-Nazis in Kiev.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

March 30, 2014, 8:34 a.m.

The Brits and French regularly conduct life-and-death combat operations to serve their own interests (in places like the African continent). They also put (compared to Canada) serious money where their mouths are (witness their nuclear deterrents, and strategic reach capability like aircraft carriers and nuclear subs). We don't even have attack helicopters. The cons are fooling themselves if they think Canada is in the same "middle" power category like those 2 former-colonial powers.

And that capability also gives them when it happens the capability to rescue Canadian citizens out of harms way. Without needing to go around with Melmac cup in hand asking for assistance or before we bought our own…a big plane to rent.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

March 31, 2014, 4:10 p.m.

March 31, 2014, 6:40 p.m.

This Tyee piece is really good

http://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2014/03/31/Elections-Act-Ventriloquism/

May explained to the affable Segal that she couldn’t make the case to Harper herself because "he hates me with a bristling personal hatred."

"He’s like that with everyone," Segal replied.

In Calgary, I ran into Bill Phipps, the former moderator of the United Church. Phipps, a lawyer, churchman and social activist, ran against Harper in 2002 as the NDP's candidate in the riding of Calgary Southwest. Harper refused to debate Phipps and won in a landslide.

"I went over to congratulate him at his headquarters and he wouldn’t shake my hand. He told me he despised me! I couldn’t figure out how he could despise me, since he didn’t know me.”

Harper's hate list

The list of people Harper hates, not counting the ones on the official enemies list the PMO keeps, is long: judges, journalists, environmentalists, professors, union leaders, scientists, federal bureaucrats, First Nations peoples, Palestinians, all opposition parties, and anyone or anything named Trudeau.

Remember, this is a PM who won’t talk to the premiers, wouldn't talk to Chief Theresa Spence, doesn’t hold press conferences and won’t speak at the UN - except through his finger puppet, John Baird.