Oh harper..

May 8, 2013, 11:41 a.m.

I totally agree with you.

For those on here who grew up in Toronto will recall long before the politicians got involved in this groups existed that did this. The Optimists club, Churches, and so on. Who where not funded by government but by bingo's. Who drew members from those same communities and in the end showed them another path.

Best example I know of is the original Scarborough Falcons who used to use bingo to fun raise for the club. While to most ousiders this doesn't seem significant. Part of how the club worked was they tried to have I think it was something like half of the team being from the lower income members of Scarborough. This bingo money covered the costs for these kids to play and have the gear. On top of that the club's other goal was to get these kids a chance to go to Uni. All most all of the Falcons got scholarships to US schools..something they would never have had the chance to have without the bingo's the club ran.

This is how my wife who comes from a low income single mother got to see a better way then what was in front of her. I know if the present system existed she would never have had the same oppurtunities in fron of her.

All this proves to me that once we remove the politicians from the equation the community will find away to get things done. Once the politicians took away the Bingo's and got their grubby hands on all this nothing is improving.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

May 13, 2013, 4:56 p.m.

So far, so good. As of this post, Penashue the cheating bastard is waaaaay behind the Liberal, Yvonne Jones. Jones has 52.4% of the votes, Penaliar has 28.4% with about 1/3 of the votes counted so far.

http://enr.elections.ca/ElectoralDistricts_e.aspx?ed=1183

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

May 19, 2013, 8:50 a.m.

Aaaannnd ….

Now we're getting plastered with reformacon ads for a jobs "action plan" that doesn't yet exist, and needs the approval of the provinces - which is unlikely to happen.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2013/05/19/pol-jobs-programs-ads.html

The Harper government is spending hundreds of thousands of dollars advertising a program that does not yet exist.

Prime-time ads began airing this week during NHL playoff games — currently the priciest advertising real estate on the dial — that tout a new federal Canada Jobs Grant for training workers.

The trouble is, the freshly announced program is at present little more than a concept that has yet to be negotiated with provincial governments, and requires buy-in from employers as well.

Peter Van Loan, the Conservative government House leader, described the Canada Jobs Grant last week as a "proposal that needs to be fleshed out and developed fully."

"What we've announced is a concept of how it could work," Van Loan said in Toronto as the government began what it calls roundtable consultations on the proposal.

The concept requires that Ottawa, the province and the employer kick in up to $5,000 each toward the training of a worker.

Legislation to create the federal training grant is still months away from even being considered by Parliament — which is why the TV ads note in fine print that the program is "subject to parliamentary approval."

But the program will also require provincial agreement, and that of business.

"The Canada Job Grant will be introduced as part of the renewal of the labour market agreements with the provinces and territories in 2014-15," Human Resources and Skills Development said in an emailed response.

"Its final design will be negotiated with provinces and territories over the next year, in consultation with stakeholder groups."

The department did not respond directly to questions about the ethics of spending public funds to advertise programs and services that do not exist.

"It is important the government communicates about programs that benefit Canadians and their families," said the email.

The Conservative government has come under increasing scrutiny for its lavish spending on feel-good "economic action plan" ads that deliver little useable information but tell viewers that Canada's economy is flourishing. Ottawa has spent at least $113 million on the ads since 2009.

Kn.

May 19, 2013, 9:35 a.m.

the implosion taking place right now is incredible.

May 19, 2013, 4:34 p.m.

Serious domino effect. Guess that's what happens when everything connects back to a single point, eh? I wonder when the backbenchers and others not part of the inner cabal will start to break discipline.

Kn.

May 19, 2013, 5:31 p.m.

Serious domino effect. Guess that's what happens when everything connects back to a single point, eh? I wonder when the backbenchers and others not part of the inner cabal will start to break discipline.

Kn.

this is a clearly sinking ship, I think the con MPs are about the only ones left with the delusion that they're not rotten to the core.

June 3, 2013, 9:22 p.m.

Harper shoots down Tory backbencher's Bill requiring Job Descriptions and salaries of all bureaucrats in Ottawa earning over $188,600 a year be available to the public. Even Tory MP MP Brent Rathgeber says he is "dumbfounded":

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/tory-mp-dumbfounded-ottawa-is-fighting-disclosure-of-top-bureaucrats-salaries/article12327089/

June 3, 2013, 9:34 p.m.

The emperor has no clothes…they're getting theirs, screw the rest of us.

June 3, 2013, 10:18 p.m.

The emperor has no clothes…they're getting theirs, screw the rest of us.

Ah, the Federal version of the Sunshine List,

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2013/03/28/ontario-sunshine-list.html

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/03/28/ontario-sunshine-list-shows-number-of-workers-earning-at-least-100k-has-increased-11/

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

June 4, 2013, 7:11 a.m.

Fuck Harper, these guys are a fucking disgrace. they know the jig is up and they're getting their asses handed to them next election and aren't wasting time….

Unlikely. They'll probably still hold onto a minority government given jt's adolescence. Any votes the liberals gain will mostly be bled from the NDP.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

June 4, 2013, 7:51 a.m.

the main thing is that at least harper no longer has a majority after the next election becuz he is using mandate to fuck up Canada

June 4, 2013, 8:31 a.m.

Unlikely. They'll probably still hold onto a minority government given jt's adolescence. Any votes the liberals gain will mostly be bled from the NDP.

I disagree, the cons will shed tons of red tories to the libs, and the ndp in Quebec was just a vote parking manoeuvre. The libs will pick up votes from both sides since they're still pretty pro business but without all the social conservative BS on the con side. The reformercons are a fraud, and Canadians are finally seeing through Harper's smokescreen, jig is up.

June 4, 2013, 9:01 a.m.

Lib minority with greens holding balance of power would be sweet.

Kn.

June 4, 2013, 9:15 a.m.

Lib minority with greens holding balance of power would be sweet.

Kn.

Except for jt's views on Canada vs quebec will sink him. I'm sorry but I loathe voting for someone who views himself as a quebecor first and canadian second.
When it comes to the leaders debate I see jt getting destroyed as he's too wishy washy, pandering to everyone but stands for nothing.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

June 4, 2013, 9:48 a.m.

Regardless of outcome, I would very much like to see a trudeau vs. harper one-on-one debate. I'd like to see if jt can get harper to crack.

Kn.