Oh Great NSMB, I seek personal help.

Oct. 3, 2011, 5:16 p.m.

Warning;Yes this is a relationship help thread, but it's not the whinny BS kind and wasn't written in that way at all. It's all biznez, all the time, but first some context.

My GF of 4.5 years removed herself from our relationship after coming to a realization that we were fundamentally too different over the last months to continue. This occurred a day before I left to Guyana for another 3-4 week stint (I'm currently there now and this was about 10 days ago) The reality is we're at very different points in our lives. I'll spare the details but that point is seriously obvious. Part of me saw this coming, a combo of hindsight and knowing the kind of work being put into the last 4 months. It's going to be a seriously great breakup; she simply changed her mind about us, nothing evil has ever gone on, there has never been any BS - even now - and everything is all in the open. Being a real man I emailed her parents. (can't call phones as they are ~5-10 CDN min where I am at and I can't justify that that to the client).

Sticking to the facts;
I truly support her decision to leave me and I feel that I am quite over the GF part of our relationship. Being down here 'alone' has really accelerated the whole thing for the better - When she moves out Nov 1, I'm libel to ask my hairstylist out as she's taken a few shots at me over the last year (there is something wrong with the term "my hairstylist" coming form a guy) and I have 2 other low impact dates setup in Nov to get the ball rolling again.

To the request part: I have at least another 3 weeks at least before going home. The hardest part of this process is losing my best friend and all the things that go along with that. What would the great NMSB offer to this challenge before me? I guess I'm asking WWNSMBD?

Rep to all assuming I don't have to spread the love around!

Also, pictures of kittens and boobs are good substitutes for real advice.

Oct. 3, 2011, 5:20 p.m.

(there is something wrong with the term "my hairstylist" coming from a guy)

no there's not

I got nothing for the other stuff

Oct. 3, 2011, 5:27 p.m.

We need pics of the X girlfriend first!

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Oct. 3, 2011, 5:28 p.m.

shit, sorry bud.

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

Oct. 3, 2011, 5:31 p.m.

WAPCE

That is all :lol:

Oct. 3, 2011, 5:32 p.m.

You have internet, try www.tblop.com (NSFW!!!!) - that should help ;).

But seriously, shit happens. Focus on the work? Time will sort things out.

Oct. 3, 2011, 5:42 p.m.

I dunno.

Here ya go.

Oct. 3, 2011, 6:19 p.m.

You have internet, try www.tblop.com (NSFW!!!!) - that should help ;).

But seriously, shit happens. Focus on the work? Time will sort things out.

I kept forgetting the link and forgetting where on NSMB it was… I sure won't be losing it again.

:heart:

Oct. 3, 2011, 6:24 p.m.

Pound some South American pussy, obviously.

"Fullness of knowledge always means some understanding of the depths of our ignorance; and that is always conducive to humility and reverence." - Robert Millikan

Oct. 3, 2011, 6:31 p.m.

Pound some South American pussy, obviously.

I wish it was that easy, there is not much around let alone something worth it… I'm working with the government on a mining sector project AND I'm not in Brazil or southern Peru.

shudder why did I have to pick this career?! shudder

Oct. 3, 2011, 6:35 p.m.

Some people make better friends than lovers; being able to end a relationship before animosity or bad feelings develop is a very hard but rewarding thing to do since you'll one day be able to be very good friends again - it will just take time (and probably lots of it).
My ex ended our long term relationship not too long ago for the exact same reasons; we still loved spending time together, there was no animosity, no BS, no cheating..no reason to end the relationship except that it was obvious that things just were not working out any more; we just wanted different things and have had very different life experiences that made it time to call it quits in the end. We still talk regularly and of course we both miss the friendship that we shared for the past years; right now it's still too soon to spend much time together but over time it'll become easier and we can both look forward to having our friendship again when we need it most.

My advice? Date the hairstylist, keep yourself busy but make sure to remember that the person you shared life with for the past 4 and a half years is still a very dear friend; call her once and a while to make sure she's doing alright because she's probably feeling terrible about losing a best friend as well - together you can work through it and one day share life as friends again.

BTW, one of my best friends in the world is my first serious girlfriend from 6 or 7 years ago; we still talk all the time and we're closer than I could have ever imagined we would be after we broke up. It took a few years but in the end it was worth it, that person was in your life for a reason and just because the relationship didn't work out doesn't mean the friendship can't prosper in the future.

Oct. 3, 2011, 6:56 p.m.

oh to be single again…good times

^you got some good advice here by the sounds of it ^

basically, if you want to remain friends, long-term ex's can be great friends.

if you want to never talk to her again - then here is my advice: pretend to still care, go out with her and get drunk, get her to give you a bj. then tell her to piss off and remember the last thing you did was fuck her face. almost guaranteed she'll never call.

Oct. 3, 2011, 8:28 p.m.

yay a new member of the club

GPABoosters: SFU/UBC course review database
:ukraine:

Youtube clips are about as useful to me as a miniskirt in Iran.

Oct. 3, 2011, 8:35 p.m.

whoa zed, that's harsh. effective, yet harsh.

Oct. 3, 2011, 8:40 p.m.

Cardiovascular exercise and time.

www.vitalmtb.com