Official Canucks Playoff Thread

June 16, 2011, 1:57 p.m.

Good points, and well said. I would add that I thought Boston was mentally stronger.

I think it is all the same. If you feel strong and play strong you will think strong. Boston never had to think much about their game because there was a lot of positives even in their losses.

June 16, 2011, 2:09 p.m.

you know , there is no shame in being beat by a better team , and i think at this point in the season boston was the better team . only one team can win , and if you forget about all the hype , vancouver can be happy they took boston to seven games .

the canucks have a lot to be proud of . . . pres trophy , no small feat over 82 games . western conference champions , took out some good teams to get where they did .

i think the canucks are a skill team , with lots of team chemistry that just got depleted ( injuries , suspensions . . . ) with each successive series . by the time they got to the final , AV just couldn't re-create the whole package that had got them through the regular season .

i'll bet when they hang that conference champion banner in the rafters at the beginning of next season , we'll all be ready to get back on the roller coaster of emotion that is the canux .

one thing i'd like to see in the future , and i know it is kind of superficial , but i'd like to see the team adopt that johnny canuck skating lumberjack as the teams' image ( instead of the dead fish on a toilet seat :lol: ) . that symbolizes what i'd like to see in a team : tough , hard hitting , highly skilled athletes playing with true canadian , can do spirit .

Here ya go…

http://video.canucks.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=117635

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-WQx2N1aXA

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

June 16, 2011, 2:52 p.m.

Good points, and well said. I would add that I thought Boston was mentally stronger.

They did a good job rallying on Horton's hit and the Rome suspension.

Vancouver might have rallied from Raymond's hit and the suspension of Boychuck, oh right - no penalty or suspension…

Hope the rules are updated - Raymond was put into the boards in a compromising position. the injury was severe. If the league is going to get Rome for 4 games because the injury was severe, they need to stick to it.

Hopefully Shanahan can rebuild the discipline. Heck knows it's a complete joke right now.

Play : Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

June 16, 2011, 3:03 p.m.

I think Ballard may have a limited no trade clause which may make it difficult to unload him.

He seems to have the skills to play - if he could just get his head to catch up maybe keeping him wouldn't be all that bad.

June 16, 2011, 3:15 p.m.

June 16, 2011, 3:20 p.m.

I think it is all the same. If you feel strong and play strong you will think strong. Boston never had to think much about their game because there was a lot of positives even in their losses.

Vancouver was skating and getting chances. They were playing. But then Boston smacked them around, and they took it. At some point you have to take the dress off and show some hunger instead of getting thrown off your game.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 16, 2011, 3:25 p.m.

lets see, timmay was a wall down low, and the canucks kept going low thinking they'd be the one to finally beat him….and he shut them down every time.

June 16, 2011, 3:29 p.m.

Vancouver was skating and getting chances. They were playing. But then Boston smacked them around, and they took it. At some point you have to take the dress off and show some hunger instead of getting thrown off your game.

I suppose, but when you pepper a goalie and he stops everything it is bound to get inside your head. I know watching it felt like there was virtually no way to score and I doubt it was much different on the ice. Plays that had been sure fire goals all season were shut down over and over.

June 16, 2011, 3:33 p.m.

They were frequently taking poor shots, and didn't get the puck up when Thomas went down. They also didn't get in his face nearly enough.

Thomas plays high. You need lateral movement to beat that, and when Vancouver did quickly switch side to side their goal chances improved immensely.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 16, 2011, 4:04 p.m.

I think Ballard may have a limited no trade clause which may make it difficult to unload him.

He seems to have the skills to play - if he could just get his head to catch up maybe keeping him wouldn't be all that bad.

i think the word on Ballard is he's just not a 5/6 defensemen and plays better when he has top minutes. If that's the case it should be easier to move him. he seemed like a pretty mobile defenceman.

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

June 16, 2011, 5:48 p.m.

For everyone who didn't partake in the Playoff Pool this year, you should have! You can all play next year.

Here's a recap of the action.

Congratulations ReductiMat, you win! Unfortunately there is no cash prize for you, but next year you can play as the defending champion, which is always fun.

One of the gutsiest performances was by semaj, who was 2nd from the basement in April, and was able to fight his way onto the podium in the bronze medal position. Also, congratulations to brian, who ended this adventure in second place.

Thanks for playing everyone. Here are some screen shots from weeks past to give a glimpse of your progression or regression through the playoffs.

June 16, 2011, 9:22 p.m.

i'm the Canucks of the NSMB playoff pool.

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

July 13, 2011, 2:06 p.m.

Big pic is BIG!

http://www.gigapixel.com/image/gigapan-canucks-g7.html

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

July 13, 2011, 4:02 p.m.

For everyone who didn't partake in the Playoff Pool this year, you should have! You can all play next year.

Here's a recap of the action.

Congratulations ReductiMat, you win! Unfortunately there is no cash prize for you, but next year you can play as the defending champion, which is always fun.

One of the gutsiest performances was by semaj, who was 2nd from the basement in April, and was able to fight his way onto the podium in the bronze medal position. Also, congratulations to brian, who ended this adventure in second place.

Wow I didn't realize I did that well at the end! :lol:

July 14, 2011, 5:39 a.m.

I wish they still opened games with starland vocal band.

Isn't that the group that does the nana nana nana HEY!nana nana.. song?

www.natooke.com