Official Canucks Playoff Thread

June 16, 2011, 8:49 a.m.

I do feel bad for Kesler, he and burrows were the only two who consistently looked hungry for it.

Congrats on a great season 'nucks. too bad your "fans" aren't as classy as your team is.

Don't forget Hansen, too bad he's not as effective as the other two. And, of course Malhotra
was out there getting banged and banging…blind.

Message to the media:

Do not call these asshats fans or protesters. They are quite obviously neither.

My wife has a uncanny facial recognition (she's recognized people she knew in 5th grade
while they were on vacation walking down the street in Waikiki), she's positive there were
at least two people that were on camera last night breaking shit that were on camera
breaking shit during the Olympic "protests".

The people that were out there causing trouble were ready for it, win or lose. The damage
they caused was premeditated, and if caught should be doing hard labor.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

June 16, 2011, 8:53 a.m.

My wife has a uncanny facial recognition….. she's positive there were
at least two people that were on camera last night breaking shit that were on camera
breaking shit during the Olympic "protests". /QUOTE]

Find them, lock 'em up and throw away the key. Scumbags

ski faster, I hear banjo music

June 16, 2011, 9:09 a.m.

On the bright side, you've got a fully-functioning civic society, great healthcare, public education that works—what else is there to riot about but hockey?

http://www.somethinginthewaymag.com

June 16, 2011, 9:44 a.m.

On the bright side, you've got a fully-functioning civic society, great healthcare, public education that works—what else is there to riot about but hockey?

High taxes, the price of beer and dairy?

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

June 16, 2011, 9:55 a.m.

This about sums it up (from the Toronto Sun):

For as much as Luongo endured his struggles at the TD Garden and to some degree in Game 7, the Canucks inability to generate many goals against Tim Thomas was the biggest reason they lost the third Stanley Cup final in franchise history — adding to the disappointment of the Game 7 loss to the New York Rangers in 1994 and the clean sweep against the New York Islanders in 1982.

Henrik Sedin (one goal), Hart Trophy candidate Daniel Sedin (one goal, four points) and Alexandre Burrows (two goals, one assist but all in Game 2) were held in check, as was Selke favourite Ryan Kesler (one assist).

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

June 16, 2011, 9:57 a.m.

We played hard,but Boston clearly looked like they wanted it more. That was a disastrous game 7 effort put forth by the 'Nucks.

we did outshoot boston in the game, so can't fault them there… Getting one of those early whiff's would have made all the difference. Once Boston had the lead they could pinch all game long.

Play : Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

June 16, 2011, 10:38 a.m.

whatever bub - not like it isn't true for me and a lot of other people.

Ya sure. I'll let you know when I'm done counting the rep from that post.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

June 16, 2011, 10:53 a.m.

throughout the series they just didn't seem to be clicking as a team. not alot of crisp plays. I think Hamhuis going down at a big part of it. the d-pairs had to be switched up too often

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

June 16, 2011, 10:54 a.m.

so how good of a shot do they have next year?

GPABoosters: SFU/UBC course review database
:ukraine:

Youtube clips are about as useful to me as a miniskirt in Iran.

June 16, 2011, 10:55 a.m.

a good one. other than Bieksa and Erhoff the core is signed. Ballard will be gone to free up some cap space that could be used to sign those guys.

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

June 16, 2011, 10:59 a.m.

for me, this photo sums up my feelings after last night.

i'm not angry…i'm just disappointed

June 16, 2011, 11:02 a.m.

a good one. other than Bieksa and Erhoff the core is signed. Ballard will be gone to free up some cap space that could be used to sign those guys.

Ballard is under contract until 2014 for $4.2m/year. That's not going to be easy to move especially since the only thing he showcased was his pressbox presence.

June 16, 2011, 11:36 a.m.

so how good of a shot do they have next year?

Good chance of a repeat IMO.

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

June 16, 2011, 1:45 p.m.

you know , there is no shame in being beat by a better team , and i think at this point in the season boston was the better team . only one team can win , and if you forget about all the hype , vancouver can be happy they took boston to seven games .

the canucks have a lot to be proud of . . . pres trophy , no small feat over 82 games . western conference champions , took out some good teams to get where they did .

i think the canucks are a skill team , with lots of team chemistry that just got depleted ( injuries , suspensions . . . ) with each successive series . by the time they got to the final , AV just couldn't re-create the whole package that had got them through the regular season .

i'll bet when they hang that conference champion banner in the rafters at the beginning of next season , we'll all be ready to get back on the roller coaster of emotion that is the canux .

one thing i'd like to see in the future , and i know it is kind of superficial , but i'd like to see the team adopt that johnny canuck skating lumberjack as the teams' image ( instead of the dead fish on a toilet seat :lol: ) . that symbolizes what i'd like to see in a team : tough , hard hitting , highly skilled athletes playing with true canadian , can do spirit .

June 16, 2011, 1:48 p.m.

Good points, and well said. I would add that I thought Boston was mentally stronger.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells