Official Canucks Playoff Thread

May 28, 2011, 2:52 p.m.

i dont think he'll be getting much ice time. just for the ring no?

May 28, 2011, 2:53 p.m.

He's already got the ring.. [HTML_REMOVED] 41 games played or something like that.

May 28, 2011, 3:37 p.m.

i dont think he'll be getting much ice time. just for the ring no?

Curious as to why you would say that? Is it something that you and Alain decided or do you just think he would have a tough time playing at the playoff level after being hurt for the past few months. I'd find it hard to believe they wouldn't play him if he does get a chance to sit on the bench.

May 28, 2011, 3:40 p.m.

At the very least he's an improvement over Cody that can take key face-offs,

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

May 28, 2011, 3:48 p.m.

Wicked news on Manny ! But it has to be hard to jump right into the finals, I could see him getting 4th line minutes for the first game at least. Players say the hardest part of injuries is getting everything back to game speed, so, final-speed, has got to be a little tougher

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

May 28, 2011, 4:42 p.m.

As I mentioned earlier - I've got a pretty reliable source who told me manny was done - not for the year but forever - as told by his docs after one of his surgeries

So glad that he was talking out of his ass!

May 28, 2011, 4:47 p.m.

As I mentioned earlier - I've got a pretty reliable source who told me manny was done - not for the year but forever - as told by his docs after one of his surgeries

So glad that he was talking out of his ass!

was it wayne gretzky when you bought him a beer?

Ha Ha! Made you look.

May 28, 2011, 5:19 p.m.

Fourth liners were down to 4 minutes a game. I'm sure Malhotra can cover 4 minutes of solid play even if he isn't in as fit as he would be.

Ray Ferraro put it pretty plainly. Malhotra can play 4 minutes on the fourth line and be available if we come down to needing an important faceoff in game 1. By game 3 or 4 he will be back to taking big minutes on the PK and taking a bit of pressure off the likes of Burrows and Kesler.

He's not just in the lineup for a ring.

May 28, 2011, 5:34 p.m.

pffffffffffft!

doctors, wtf do they know?

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

May 28, 2011, 6:12 p.m.

was it wayne gretzky when you bought him a beer?

Wow - I am quite the name dropping whote - didn't realize

Common man - it was Wayne tricking Gretzky! You know I've gots to tell my peeps

May 29, 2011, 10:25 p.m.

that is all

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

May 30, 2011, 9:45 a.m.

Fourth liners were down to 4 minutes a game. I'm sure Malhotra can cover 4 minutes of solid play even if he isn't in as fit as he would be.

Ray Ferraro put it pretty plainly. Malhotra can play 4 minutes on the fourth line and be available if we come down to needing an important faceoff in game 1. By game 3 or 4 he will be back to taking big minutes on the PK and taking a bit of pressure off the likes of Burrows and Kesler.

He's not just in the lineup for a ring.

This!

He adds depth to the bench just sitting there he makes it harder on the other coach to line match! Win win for us!

Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

A. Einstein

May 31, 2011, 9:42 a.m.

Is anyone else upset that Stan Chion has been left off the Canuck's Stanley Cup roster? The pass he made on the bouncing puck to Bieksa in OT against the Sharks was a thing of beauty. Online petition, anyone?

May 31, 2011, 9:48 a.m.

Is anyone else upset that Stan Chion has been left off the Canuck's Stanley Cup roster? The pass he made on the bouncing puck to Bieksa in OT against the Sharks was a thing of beauty. Online petition, anyone?

It took you 7 days to come up with that?

May 31, 2011, 9:50 a.m.

It took you 7 days to come up with that?

No such thing as instant success … it required many years of hard work.