Official Canucks Playoff Thread

April 11, 2011, 3:43 p.m.

if the nucks have just one bad loss against the hawks where luongo shits the bed i think most people in this city are going to hit the panic button.

Or the Schneider button.

April 11, 2011, 3:57 p.m.

Would like to see Phoenix out ASAP….since I am a Jet fan. Hopefully they announce thereafter that it was thier last game in Phoenix and moving back to Winnipeg.

Go Canucks though!:clap:

April 11, 2011, 4:09 p.m.

Would like to see Phoenix out ASAP….since I am a Jet fan. Hopefully they announce thereafter that it was thier last game in Phoenix and moving back to Winnipeg.

Go Canucks though!:clap:

Sorry, but Bettman would rather pay fans to go to the games and drive them all there personally than let a failing American team leave the city.

April 11, 2011, 4:11 p.m.

Or the Schneider button.

I do hope Vigneault plays Schneider for a game or two. Let Lu rest, and see how Schneider handles the pressure cooker.

Might even be a good strategy if an opponent is starting to figure out Lu's style, throw a different goaltender at 'em!

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

April 11, 2011, 4:35 p.m.

Sorry, but Bettman would rather pay fans to go to the games and drive them all there personally than let a failing American team leave the city.

This reminds me of Florida in the Stanley Cup Finals and they were giving away tickets.. and still couldnt fill it up.

One thing Bettman needs to work on for those giveaways is get a beer sponsor.

Free tix and beer - now you have a winning combination for teams in a non-hockey market.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

April 11, 2011, 5:29 p.m.

lol tags

April 11, 2011, 5:41 p.m.

I do hope Vigneault plays Schneider for a game or two. Let Lu rest, and see how Schneider handles the pressure cooker.

Might even be a good strategy if an opponent is starting to figure out Lu's style, throw a different goaltender at 'em!

Kn.

i agree..

i think schneider will be a pretty important part of their playoff run.. just as he was a pretty important part of the reg season.

the question is, if schneider plays better than lu, who will play? think vigneault has the ballz to sit lu during the post-season?

April 11, 2011, 5:56 p.m.

We scored 6 more, and gave up 40 less ;)

This is why I'm hoping goaltending turns out to be the difference. The Hawks were close to DFL on the penalty kill this year and their goaltending is mediocre at best. I'm interested to see if Chicago sticks with Crawford, or gives Turco another chance to start. Either way, the Canucks have a big advantage in this department.

April 11, 2011, 6:15 p.m.

This is why I'm hoping goaltending turns out to be the difference. The Hawks were close to DFL on the penalty kill this year and their goaltending is mediocre at best. I'm interested to see if Chicago sticks with Crawford, or gives Turco another chance to start. Either way, the Canucks have a big advantage in this department.

The same way Byfuglien got in Lu's face is the same way we have to get into Crawfords face. If he gets shaky and Turco for any reason gets the nod, it will be over. There is no way Turco will out battle Luongo

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

April 11, 2011, 9:40 p.m.

i want to see a ruffrider vs. roughrider final

, however, notice the black guys pants don't leave much to the imajination.

April 11, 2011, 10:11 p.m.

This reminds me of Florida in the Stanley Cup Finals and they were giving away tickets.. and still couldnt fill it up.

I think you mean Tampa Bay, not Florida, but yeah.

April 11, 2011, 10:15 p.m.

Panthers went to the final in 95 or 96, I think.

April 11, 2011, 10:58 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tWTz5vOR4I

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

April 12, 2011, 6:35 a.m.

But yeah.. how about that :)

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

April 12, 2011, 11:38 p.m.

Its Funny watchin that video and then seeing a white flag being waved at the end. After all that "I will not fall" talk curteousy of Eminem, Im gettin mixed messages here

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity