Official Canucks Playoff Thread

June 15, 2011, 2:40 p.m.

no more one game at a time boys. this is the game. let's do this.

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

June 15, 2011, 2:46 p.m.

Play : Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

June 15, 2011, 3:17 p.m.

Good luck my friends. Let's hope that in five hours time the posts here are nothing but unintelligible gibberish of the good kind.

June 15, 2011, 4:06 p.m.

I like this…let be a 0-0 tie, and Tim Thomas gets the cup for himself. Maybe Mark Recchi can have half of it, too.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...ey-cup-neither

Kelly: Which team deserves the Stanley Cup? Neither
Something terrible is going to happen Wednesday night. Somebody is going to win the Stanley Cup.

It’s hard to decide who deserves it less — the Canucks or the Bruins. This is the Sophie’s Choice of neutral hockey fans. Except you wouldn’t want to live with either of them.

The ironclad home-ice rule of this final suggests that Vancouver is on tap to hoist our most beloved trophy at game’s end. Will that guy with the white gloves who travels with the Cup be on-ice to make sure nobody gnaws a hole in the thing? If it falls on someone’s head, will they pretend to be injured and then demand that the Cup get a 12-game suspension?

The problem with Vancouver isn’t that they’ve been blown out in three of the final’s six games, though that’s a problem. The problem is how they’ve handled themselves through all 360-odd minutes of ice time.

The biting was one thing. The goading about the biting (on both sides) was far worse. The whining about goading about the biting was the step over the edge.

The constant hacking and the theatrical diving once a Bruin hacks back is another thing. It’s like the Canucks look at each other before each shift and say, “This time I’ll be the lumberjack, and you be the tree”.

Their stars have disappeared so mysteriously, law enforcement oughta be notified. Somewhere out there, Daniel Sedin’s reputation is rotting in a shallow grave. When he gets his Hart Trophy as the league’s most valuable player in a week’s time, maybe he’ll have the decency to saw it into three parts and give a piece each to Corey Perry and Martin St. Louis.

Worst of all, Roberto Luongo. By running his mouth before Game 6 — not by questioning Tim Thomas’s netminding style, but by later justifying that questioning by moaning that Thomas never says nice things about him — he proved how important translators are in modern sport. Sometimes things said in Nitwit sound very different in English.

And enough with the justifications about the blowouts in Boston. Kevin Bieksa and Cory Schneider have both pointed out that hockey is not soccer — aggregate scores don’t matter. Maybe you guys should watch less of that sport, because all the least manly aspects of soccer are beginning to infect your own play.

No, if the Vancouver Canucks win the Stanley Cup, they will be the least deserving champions in NHL history.

They’ll be the least deserving champions in all of sports history since the 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates, who were outscored 55-27 by the New York Yankees and still managed to swipe the World Series in their final at-bat. Vancouver fans, look at what’s happened to the Pirates since and tremble. That’s karma collecting on her debts.

Before that? We have to search through planetary history back to the moment when the Mammals pipped the Dinosaurs. And they used a cheap asteroid deflection to win that one.

What are you laughing about over there, Boston? You’re no better. You’re just as dirty, whiny, chippy and, worse yet, you can’t close out a tight game. I know what you’re going to say, something about Nathan Horton or Marc Savard or Cam Neely’s knees and how unfair the universe is. Mason Raymond’s broken back just made that subject off-limits for you.

In fact, you two deserve each other. Maybe you can go on an off-season road trip together and the 23 guys who survive can form the Vanboston Bruinucks. We won’t like that team either.

There’s only one man here who will leave the Stanley Cup finals with his dignity intact.

If the Cup were mine to give, I’d give it to Bruins goalie Tim Thomas.

Just Tim Thomas.

Everyone else back away from the table. Henrik Sedin, Zdeno Chara, feel free to paw the conference trophies all you want now. Take them home, put wheels on them and ride them through Europe all summer long. The rest of you can carry Gary Bettman around for a while. Don’t drop him. He hasn’t signed the Winnipeg papers yet.

Tim, please accept the Cup and our congratulations as long as you promise not to let any of the rest of these mooks touch it.

Like naughty children, their brand of noodle-brained hockey should not be rewarded with treats.

June 15, 2011, 4:14 p.m.

i want this game to be over

June 15, 2011, 4:16 p.m.

I like this…let be a 0-0 tie, and Tim Thomas gets the cup for himself. Maybe Mark Recchi can have half of it, too.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...ey-cup-neither

That article was whinier than the whiners it was whining about.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

June 15, 2011, 4:17 p.m.

but i also want it never to end

June 15, 2011, 4:42 p.m.

Riots will be big if Vancouver loses

June 15, 2011, 4:43 p.m.

we's gunna win big wooo

Ha Ha! Made you look.

June 15, 2011, 4:59 p.m.

I just want it over…I freakin dreamt about Canucks hockey this morning…I don't think that is too healthy…

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

June 15, 2011, 5:03 p.m.

Holy crap, my nerves are high right now. Just starting reallly hitting me on drive through downtown…

Serenity now. Serenity now. Serenity now.

June 15, 2011, 5:04 p.m.

lolongo has been phenomenal at home. im not worried

Ha Ha! Made you look.

June 15, 2011, 5:05 p.m.

Huge crowd downtown!

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 15, 2011, 5:11 p.m.

the atmosphere donwtown is just amazing!

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

June 15, 2011, 5:14 p.m.

Kinda crazy when you think about it… game 7 in our house.