Official 2014 Formula 1 thread

July 21, 2014, 10:54 a.m.

Great Race on the weekend. Mercedes once again dominating. Some good battles with Ricciardo and Hamilton, Ricciardo and Alonso + a few others. Kimi seems to just be collecting a wage now though which makes it tough for me to keep cheering for him. At least I can shout for Ricciardo now.

Massa should have left some space and he could have been on the podium too. When you watch the replay there were some close quarters in the rows behind but they all gave some room and made it through…

July 21, 2014, 9:09 p.m.

Bottas held of Hamilton nicely too. Nice to see the nicest car in the top 3. finally!

July 27, 2014, 1:08 p.m.

Today's race was very entertaining. If there is anyone driving better than Alonso right now, please tell me. Put him in a Merc [HTML_REMOVED] we'd be talking about who's gonna finish 2nd in the standings behind him. The difference between him [HTML_REMOVED] Kimi is that Alonso changes his style to match the car, while Kimi doesn't change and wonders why the car won't perform.

Thread killer

July 27, 2014, 3:18 p.m.

Alonso is much nicer to the car (and the tires), while Kimi is more ham fisted so to say. Great effort form Alonso, nearly finishing P1. His tires were shot after 20+ laps after all…

July 27, 2014, 4:40 p.m.

Alonso is certainly driving well, he would be quick in a merc, when its running! I liked hamiltons little jab on the podium, he said the car works great, when it works!
Ricciardo will be getting some nice bonuses i expect.
Abu dabi winner will get double points,wtf?

Aug. 24, 2014, 8:06 p.m.

So the question has to be asked…was the contact between Rosberg [HTML_REMOVED] Hamilton a racing incident? I say Rosberg was a little cheeky, but ultimately I agree with the stewards. It would sure be interesting to hear what is said at the team's meetings. Rosberg is driving better than Lewis right now anyways. Regardless of what happened today, I think Nico will take the title. Nice to see shake-ups at Red Bull [HTML_REMOVED] Williams. Number one drivers becoming number twos.

Thread killer

Aug. 25, 2014, 10:37 a.m.

So the question has to be asked…was the contact between Rosberg [HTML_REMOVED] Hamilton a racing incident? I say Rosberg was a little cheeky, but ultimately I agree with the stewards. It would sure be interesting to hear what is said at the team's meetings. Rosberg is driving better than Lewis right now anyways. Regardless of what happened today, I think Nico will take the title. Nice to see shake-ups at Red Bull [HTML_REMOVED] Williams. Number one drivers becoming number twos.

LOL Hamilton. "Nico hit me. Nico hit me."

It was definitely a racing incident IMO. In fact, I thought Lewis was a bit careless in closing the door but he probably didn't anticipate a team-mate would be that aggressive.

Wrong. Always.

Aug. 25, 2014, 5:04 p.m.

Hamilton 's "Nico admitted that he hit me on purpose" press release is super lame. The Mercedes guys shot it down super quick and it makes him look like even more of a douche…it was obviously Nico's fault, but also a long way to go so they both could have given more room.

Good to see Ricciardo showing Vettel how its done again…

Aug. 25, 2014, 9:24 p.m.

In his comments, Lewis is showing his true colours. He's a punk. You don't ever hear Nico cry.

Thread killer

Sept. 7, 2014, 11:45 p.m.

OMG, tell me why Kimi is still with the Prancing Horse? They say he'll stay on next year, but they gotta get rid of him. He's struggling with set-up every race. Get Bianchi in that seat. Lewis talking trash about how Nico can't handle pressure…Bah! I'd take Nico over him this year. I think what happened today was a little bit of evening out of things. (Read; Nico, you ran into him last race, let him win this one). If there was any doubt about Ricciardo being the real deal, it was cast aside today. He pulled off some brilliant passes at Monza.

Thread killer

Sept. 12, 2014, 6:31 p.m.

touched Mika's Mp4-16 today…

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Oct. 3, 2014, 9:57 p.m.

Hard to believe, but this will be Vettel's last season with Red Bull. Let the silly season begin. Where will he end up? Ferrari, with Alonso going back to McLaren? I don't think Alonso should go back, mainly because he didn't get on well with Ron Dennis. There is the promise of driving a Honda engine though.

Thread killer

Oct. 6, 2014, 1:39 p.m.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-2782638/Footage-emerges-Jules-Bianchi-s-Japanese-Grand-Prix-crash-left-F1-star-severe-head-injury.html

Finally some footage of Bianchi's crash. Absolutely frightening. The fact that he is currently still alive is incredible.

Wrong. Always.

Oct. 6, 2014, 2:05 p.m.

That was both incredible and horrific. Hard to watch.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 6, 2014, 2:51 p.m.

That was both incredible and horrific. Hard to watch.

Even in slo-mo it looks incredibly fast. At actual speed it's just hard to imagine surviving. Even sitting that low in the car I'm amazed he wasn't decapitated.

Wrong. Always.