Official 2011/12 Canucks Thread

July 3, 2011, 3:20 p.m.

You guys are hooped in next years Western Conference Finals…

You don't really think Nugent-Hopkins is going to play next season do you?

July 3, 2011, 3:21 p.m.

didn't we already have Baumgartner? i though he;s been with the Moose for the last few years.

and what's the farm team being in Chicago now? talk about going into enemy territory. that's as smart as having the Flames fram team in Abbostford.

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

July 3, 2011, 5:57 p.m.

didn't we already have Baumgartner? i though he;s been with the Moose for the last few years.

and what's the farm team being in Chicago now? talk about going into enemy territory. that's as smart as having the Flames fram team in Abbostford.

Baumer has been showin the boy defenders the ropes for a few years now on the farm team. Not really a pickup but seems like a solid piece to keep in the organization when you see how well some of those kids performed when they were called upon.

July 3, 2011, 8:16 p.m.

You don't really think Nugent-Hopkins is going to play next season do you?

Edmonton probably shouldn't but based on recent history it wouldn't be suprising.

July 3, 2011, 8:42 p.m.

Sturm and Baumgartner are good pickups.

Salo is great if he stays in one piece, but that's a big if every year.

I think Sturm is washed up. He is soft and injury prone. His best years are well behind him. In the last week, the Canucks have gotten noticeably softer while other teams are toughening up. /armchair GM

July 4, 2011, 9:45 a.m.

Terrible moves already, getting rid of our top defensive points getter erhoff. Getting rid of our grittiest and undoubtably the best player in the playoffs for us Torres. Signing the walking piece of glass that is salo, resigning bieksa to 5 years which will surely see him suck for the first four then "try" when he needs to make a paycheck and new deal (ala last year). Good luck for last year, faceoff wins don't win you games:rolleyes"

One good side was keeping lapierre, I guess…

Not sure if letting Erhoff go considering the amount he got was really a bad decision. We can't keep em all and was anyone willing to lock up Luongo money on him. I will miss Torres though, what did he get?

July 4, 2011, 9:50 a.m.

. I will miss Torres though, what did he get?

Thats a really poor decision.

July 4, 2011, 10:36 a.m.

Thats a really poor decision.

It might be if there isn't some more grit in the works. I have a hard time believing that Gillis isn't concerned with that so I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

July 4, 2011, 10:41 a.m.

It might be if there isn't some more grit in the works. I have a hard time believing that Gillis isn't concerned with that so I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Yeah, we'll have to see. Based on who he's letting go tho, it doesnt seem like hes all that concerned with having a gritty team.

In other news, interesting trade with heatley and havlat! its been a pretty interesting few days in the nhl.. lots seems to be happening

July 4, 2011, 12:04 p.m.

Yeah, we'll have to see. Based on who he's letting go tho, it doesnt seem like hes all that concerned with having a gritty team.

In other news, interesting trade with heatley and havlat! its been a pretty interesting few days in the nhl.. lots seems to be happening

It's early too. Some teams might be a lot different in the fall.

July 4, 2011, 12:12 p.m.

boston had something we didn't. Tonnes of fucking grit. Gillis is an idiot and should finally figure out to get rid of the sedin girls. amazing regular season players, no toughness, grit or playoff ability. So what are they even worth then? They can't play real hockey.. Torres had more goals than either of them… cough.

Clunking is for retards.

July 4, 2011, 12:43 p.m.

boston had something we didn't. Tonnes of fucking grit. Gillis is an idiot and should finally figure out to get rid of the sedin girls. amazing regular season players, no toughness, grit or playoff ability. So what are they even worth then? They can't play real hockey.. Torres had more goals than either of them… cough.

Actually he didn't, but don't let facts bother you.

The truth is (if you are interested) that it is very hard to have a team that is effective against all other types of teams. Boston found this out in the playoffs too having a tough time with Montreal that wasn't nearly as stacked as Vancouver.

It is hard to pin point what the Canucks needed to beat Boston, but it wasn't much.

July 4, 2011, 1:01 p.m.

It is hard to pin point what the Canucks needed to beat Boston, but it wasn't much.

not really. it was depth of character and grit. the canucks have skill, sure. but skill alone doesnt win stanley cups. as long as mike gillis keeps assembling the same type of team, the canucks will always have a lot of trouble with teams like boston (and edmonton, calgary, detroit, mtl etc etc)

luckily for the canucks, the grittier teams seem to be in the east, so they play fewer games against them.

July 4, 2011, 1:06 p.m.

Tim's number?

July 4, 2011, 1:27 p.m.

Actually he didn't, but don't let facts bother you.

The truth is (if you are interested) that it is very hard to have a team that is effective against all other types of teams. Boston found this out in the playoffs too having a tough time with Montreal that wasn't nearly as stacked as Vancouver.

I think we found it hard to play against Shitcago too? Adversity comes in all forms including mental and physical.

Oh my bad, torres a million dollar player got the same amount of goals as henrik, a five mill player? Laughable at best. Specially when you notice torres on the ice more than BOTH the sedins. Go check out nhl.com … It's pretty terrible when your defense scores more than your first line.

Good players adapt to adversity. The sedin's cannot do that one bit and are useless in the playoffs. You can state all you want but the above has been true since they came to vancouver. Regardless of how entertaining they are to watch in the regular season being the leagues leading scorer in the regular season obviously doesn't mean anything in the playoffs. Not to mention boston scored all their goals against the sedin's pitiful defense. A trade is needed whether you like it or not, it really depends if we can get a decent player for them or not.

GRIT is what we need. We didn't have a huge superstar team in 94 when we made it to the cup? We had Bure and a handful of middle of the road players. We came closer then than we did this year…Don't bother trying to state hockey is different fifteen years later either..

This coming from a 20 year canucks fan, not some chinese guy with 20 flags in the windows of his audi who barely knows what offside is.

Clunking is for retards.