Official 2010/2011 Canucks riot thread.

June 16, 2011, 1:54 p.m.

why, because a bunch of chumps "like" the idea of pitching in to clean things up - if enough people click on the button, does something happen?

not necessarily, however there are lots of people dt right now w/ brooms [HTML_REMOVED] garbage bags, and the place is looking pretty tidy, all things considered.

June 16, 2011, 1:55 p.m.

TROGDOR!!!

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

June 16, 2011, 1:57 p.m.

any idea of what kinda punishment these shit heads could be facing?

June 16, 2011, 2:44 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD5l8p9b0P8

hopefully this was the norm for the cops last night. you do something stupid your going to get beat down

June 16, 2011, 3:02 p.m.

65. Every one who takes part in a riot is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years.

He probably won't ever see the inside of a jail (no prior record, "out of character", good son, child of divorced parents, abused as a child, sometime father to girlfriend's new baby, "is in a stressful period in his life", low risk to reoffend, in substance abuse program, in anger management, recently laid off work, reduced term for time already served etc). Will wear a monitoring bracelet at home between 7 pm and 8 am for 12 months. Tops.

June 16, 2011, 3:05 p.m.

TROGDOR!!!

can't help it - that's funneh! :lol:

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

June 16, 2011, 3:08 p.m.

hopefully this was the norm for the cops last night. you do something stupid your going to get beat down

That was Vancouvers best play of the night. So much lulz in one play

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

June 16, 2011, 3:15 p.m.

doesn't hanging out on top of a porta potty in the middle of a riot counts as stupid

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

June 16, 2011, 3:21 p.m.

LOL.. no one said a word when the cop assisted the fuck into the shitter.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

June 16, 2011, 3:39 p.m.

That cop should have given the guy the DDT.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 16, 2011, 3:44 p.m.

or a stonecold stunner!

that is the most reatrded thing ever even a retarded would say thats retarded

June 16, 2011, 3:45 p.m.

making out with a chick in the middle of riot?

"at least someone from Vancouver can score on the road" - puck daddy

June 16, 2011, 3:52 p.m.

I saw a couple of people on video trying to stop some douchebags, they were swarmed and shitkicked by 10 or so more douchebags.

If everyone except the real idiots left when it turned sour, it would have been easy for the police to round them up and take them to Stanley Park for some behavior adjustment. The cheering squads made it much worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGf2QK098OM

nobody is this dumb.

June 16, 2011, 4:22 p.m.

I have an idea!

Why don't we spend millions of dollars to investigate the riots.
Spend months identifying the rioters and looters.
Proceed to press criminal charges where possible.
End up with a dozen or so people doing a couple hundred hours of community service.

Any takers? I say thats how it goes down.

People are incredibly shortsighted, and far too left leaning in this town when it comes to law enforcement. We have spent years ragging the VPD and RCMP, leading to this public perception that police is bad.

We were left with a bunch of cops standing around, occasionally advancing to disperse the crowds. What a bunch of phoney bullshit! Any one of those rioting morons who tried to even look like they were advancing on the VPD should have lost his/her teeth. There is a time and place for police to use force, and in an event of a riot like this any force short of lethal is justifiable.

The unfortunate part is, had this been the case and a few dozen rioters got knocked out/injured by the VPD and a riot was prevented the headlines this morning would read " Unjustified police brutality punctuates a sad night for Canuck fans."

June 16, 2011, 4:27 p.m.

I have an idea!

Why don't we spend millions of dollars to investigate the riots.
Spend months identifying the rioters and looters.
Proceed to press criminal charges where possible.
End up with a dozen or so people doing a couple hundred hours of community service.

Any takers? I say thats how it goes down.

People are incredibly shortsighted, and far too left leaning in this town when it comes to law enforcement. We have spent years ragging the VPD and RCMP, leading to this public perception that police is bad.

We were left with a bunch of cops standing around, occasionally advancing to disperse the crowds. What a bunch of phoney bullshit! Any one of those rioting morons who tried to even look like they were advancing on the VPD should have lost his/her teeth. There is a time and place for police to use force, and in an event of a riot like this any force short of lethal is justifiable.

The unfortunate part is, had this been the case and a few dozen rioters got knocked out/injured by the VPD and a riot was prevented the headlines this morning would read " Unjustified police brutality punctuates a sad night for Canuck fans."

Half the problem will be the media. They will put some kind of spin on it by interviewing those who will claim police excess. The media will jump on that because they know people will listen to it.

Look at the fuckwads at CBC. They where claiming this was a demonstration and these where simply protestors.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/