Oct. 7, 2011, 6:52 p.m.

Bankers are a bunch of Sellouts. No one wants to grow up to be a banker

I like bankers.

FAMILYBIKERIDE
823/Ringle rear wheel FS!
http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=103825

i went black over two years ago and haven't gone back

Oct. 7, 2011, 7:36 p.m.

Aside from a certain favourite NBR resident who has graced this thread a handful of times that is.

oh bullshit
no ones 6 years old playin in the sand box dreamin of one day working at a bank.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Oct. 7, 2011, 7:42 p.m.

[HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED]

Time will tell.

Oct. 7, 2011, 7:44 p.m.

That quote was from,like,200 years ago…those wise men are dead.

ok….where are THE wise men now?

Oct. 7, 2011, 10:10 p.m.

Oct. 7, 2011, 10:54 p.m.

LOL @ this whole thread.

The "movement" has yet to gain a cohesive direction beyond a general sense of frustration. If the people on the street don't know exactly what they're protesting, neither does the pejorative you. And, people have every right to be frustrated, Bateman. Not everybody has a job, and many have tried very hard and failed to get one. The unemployment rate is more than triple Alberta's in some states… that's pretty rough, and I really think you need to learn a little compassion. Kevin O'Leary is a douche and you shouldn't look up to him - if you don't, you sure sound like that clown.

I'm all for conservative politics, but when the richest man in the country says he needs a higher tax rate, there is an endemic issue that needs to be dealt with thoroughly and in a completely bi-partisan manner.

Oct. 8, 2011, 2:37 a.m.

I'm all for conservative politics, but when the richest man in the country says he needs a higher tax rate, there is an endemic issue that needs to be dealt with thoroughly and in a completely bi-partisan manner.

Which isn't going to happen when the dominant group of people making an effort to change the system's argument consists of not much more than 'rabble rabble rabble.'

Instead of making a scene, the protesters should be up the ass of every elected official about this issue. Ignoring the system that makes these sorts of decisions is not going to get your cause anywhere. Unless a politician thinks his re-election is based around an issue such as this, he/she won't care.

"Fullness of knowledge always means some understanding of the depths of our ignorance; and that is always conducive to humility and reverence." - Robert Millikan

Oct. 8, 2011, 5:45 a.m.

Which isn't going to happen when the dominant group of people making an effort to change the system's argument consists of not much more than 'rabble rabble rabble.'

Instead of making a scene, the protesters should be up the ass of every elected official about this issue. Ignoring the system that makes these sorts of decisions is not going to get your cause anywhere. Unless a politician thinks his re-election is based around an issue such as this, he/she won't care.

:fruit:

Warning to NSMB's philosophical technicians, this post contains an ad hominem attack and a straw man argument. What the hell, the OP does it all the time.

I think if I met you in person I would be bored immediately. These folks got your staunchy ass talking, didn't they? You can bet your ass that the politicians are too. When the trade unions throw their weight behind an organization like this, there will be attention payed in Washington. Or, you don't think that campaign funding plays an issue in political decisions?

Oct. 8, 2011, 8:45 p.m.

'rabble rabble rabble.'

a nice summation of every post you've made here

Oct. 8, 2011, 9:23 p.m.

:fruit:

Warning to NSMB's philosophical technicians, this post contains an ad hominem attack and a straw man argument. What the hell, the OP does it all the time.

I think if I met you in person I would be bored immediately. These folks got your staunchy ass talking, didn't they? You can bet your ass that the politicians are too. When the trade unions throw their weight behind an organization like this, there will be attention payed in Washington. Or, you don't think that campaign funding plays an issue in political decisions?

How about the fact that a group of generally uneducated people make as much, if not more money selling shit they don't need and encouraging people to a lifestyle that will forever be outside the majority of people's reach?

Why is it ok that actors/musicians/sports stars can make 10+ million a year, live a jet set live style and own homes all over the world, but if you wear a suit and get a good post-secondary education and earn over 500k a year, you are considered the enemy of the people?

If anything, the values and systems of belief that Hollywood panders to the average citizen is as much at fault for encouraging people to rack up unsustainable levels of personal debt while living a lifestyle they know they can't afford and driving the US into a recession.

"Fullness of knowledge always means some understanding of the depths of our ignorance; and that is always conducive to humility and reverence." - Robert Millikan

Oct. 8, 2011, 9:45 p.m.

there is an endemic issue that needs to be dealt with thoroughly and in a completely bi-partisan manner.

^^^ 100%

The House,Senate,and Executive Branch must all stop putting the needs of the Party before those of the nation. If they don't,that endemic issue you spoke of will destroy them.

Oct. 8, 2011, 9:51 p.m.

How about the fact that a group of generally uneducated people make as much, if not more money selling shit they don't need and encouraging people to a lifestyle that will forever be outside the majority of people's reach?

Why is it ok that actors/musicians/sports stars can make 10+ million a year, live a jet set live style and own homes all over the world, but if you wear a suit and get a good post-secondary education and earn over 500k a year, you are considered the enemy of the people?

If anything, the values and systems of belief that Hollywood panders to the average citizen is as much at fault for encouraging people to rack up unsustainable levels of personal debt while living a lifestyle they know they can't afford and driving the US into a recession.

Fair observations.

I think the issue that most people present for their "fuck the man" attitudes towards successful white collar professionals stems from the perceived or real lack of ethics in the bosses office

Pastor of Muppets

Oct. 8, 2011, 10:56 p.m.

if you wear a suit and get a good post-secondary education and earn over 500k a year, you are considered the enemy of the people?

Four for four!

$500k a year might seem an impossible amount to you, but how many votes do you think that buys versus the dudes running GS, JPM, BoA, etc. etc.?

Would you be against a government announcing a one trillion dollar program of infrastructure projects (of all sorts)?

Oct. 8, 2011, 11:16 p.m.

…but if you wear a suit and get a good post-secondary education and earn over 500k a year, you are considered the enemy of the people?

Who cares about a post-secondary education. Does that make you sthpethial or something?

For years the exchange has been packaging shit and selling it like snake-oil salesmen. The Vancouver stock exchange was a frickin' joke, and all that happened was it was shutdown so the players could move to a larger exchange.

Houses pedaling crap to pension funds doesn't make for successful individuals. Venture markets are supposed to be there to help real entrepreneurs, with real plans, get off the ground (or get further off the ground). Packaging toxic assets and selling them as "investment vehicles" is criminal.

Yeah, feel good about your BA and your suit and how your achievments in life have been to screw the lives of thousands of people.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 9, 2011, 6:09 a.m.

Srsly? You're really grasping. The cost of education is prohibitive in the US, therefor it's also discriminatory against those who don't have financial opportunity. And don't even think about feeding me that "rags to riches" crap, you and I both know that in high level universities in America, the rich kid is going to be picked over the poor kid if they're both on the borderline of admissions cutoff.

It's not that being a suit makes you a complicit enemy of the general population; it doesn't. You really, really need to understand though, that these people have been without work - some of them to the point where they are starving - for a long period of time. You can't see, how maybe, just maybe they're a little frustrated with the way things are going for them? We're talking about people who were sold on going to university, who received decent liberal arts educations, and who all believed that they would become lawyers, doctors, etc after their first degree.

We're talking about people who either weren't smart enough to carry on to a second degree program, or people who didn't want to and maybe should have taken a trade instead or even just started working after high school. We're talking about people who couldn't afford another degree because they were already 50 000 dollars in debt. We're talking about people, who like you and I (I assume you, anyway…) are in their mid twenties. We're lucky (you do have a job, right?), and we played our cards right. Just because you've done well for yourself doesn't mean that everybody else in the world has the same opportunity. Give your fucking head a shake, and stop looking down your nose so far.

It's that system that's got people angry and frustrated, not the suits.

You know what really astounds me? You have absolutely no idea how dumb you're sounding on this thread.