Obama Turns Down Keystone

Nov. 6, 2015, 9:59 a.m.

Here's the press statement:
(Skip to 51:30)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1dBoQk8_vE

Just to point out a few of the lies in his rational behind turning down 42,000 jobs that would make it safer to transport the exact same oil that will find it's way into the US anyways.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-06/labor-participation-rate-remains-37-year-low-945-million-remains-outside-labor-force["]"Creating jobs" / unemployment rate at 5%](http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-06/labor-participation-rate-remains-37-year-low-945-million-remains-outside-labor-force)
(Easy to have a low unemployment rate when almost 100 million people have given up)

Every construction job is temporary. That doesn't mean that 42,000 people working for 1-2 years is a bad thing.

"Stopping Climate Change"
The state department's own report says that Keystone will not increase oil sand production.

The most-often cited report about Keystone XL’s potential environmental impact is an 11-volume State Department document that said the project is "unlikely to significantly impact the rate of extraction in the oil sands." In other words, the pipeline would not significantly contribute to carbon pollution - Canadian officials and oil producers vow that the oil will be extracted and reach the American marketplace by other means.

Conservative activist Ralph Reed said the State Department report shows "the science is clear" that "alternatives to the pipeline are worse" for the environment

The State Department report considered three reasonable alternatives to the pipeline - rail, tankers and a combination of rail and existing pipeline - and all had a higher environmental impact than Keystone XL.

The real reason behind this is far easier to understand than anything in that press release. Congrats on the win Warren Buffet.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Nov. 6, 2015, 11:36 a.m.

Ha. Beat me to it. Er,….HOORAY!!!!!

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Nov. 6, 2015, 11:41 a.m.

From Farmers linky….^^^^^^^^^^^^

Transporting by rail cost $10 to $15 a barrel compared to $5 a barrel by pipeline. Clearly the president is not concerned with the cost of transporting oil. He is far more concerned with making sure that his primary contributor continues to make millions from moving oil.

Maybe, just maybe making the overall cost less economical (attractive) spurs renewables, eh?

Mr. Obama professes to be a man of the people, but which people? The super rich continue to do very well with Obama in the White House.

Well duh-uh. Just wtf is the office of the POTUS for anyhow?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Nov. 6, 2015, 11:45 a.m.

The real crime here is that they didn't edit out the first 49 minutes and 15 seconds of "video"…

Ride, don't slide.

Nov. 6, 2015, 12:12 p.m.

CN rail would be a bigger beneficiary than Burlington northern

Nov. 6, 2015, 1:14 p.m.

Maybe, just maybe making the overall cost less economical (attractive) spurs renewables, eh?

Just over 30 seconds into this video…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ-4gnNz0vc

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Nov. 6, 2015, 1:26 p.m.

…. you will raise the palm of your hand to your face.

…. you will want to punch an ignorant tea party nutjob in the mouth.

…. you will feel your brain cells dying.

…. you will wish YouTube restricted uploading.

Nov. 6, 2015, 1:32 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ-4gnNz0vc

If I wanted America to fail, I would convince America to become dependent on a price-fixing resource cartel that enriches and emboldens some of the most backwards, immoral, dangerous, corrupt and despotic societies on earth. And then spend trillions of dollars and thousands of American lives to further degrade the situation.

Hey! Looks like it worked.

Nov. 6, 2015, 1:46 p.m.

If I wanted America to fail, I would convince America to become dependent on a price-fixing resource cartel that enriches and emboldens some of the most backwards, immoral, dangerous, corrupt and despotic societies on earth. And then spend trillions of dollars and thousands of American lives to further degrade the situation.

Hey! Looks like it worked.

nailed it!

Nov. 6, 2015, 1:56 p.m.

Not a huge fan of the Keystone pipleline. But I would much rather have Keystone go ahead than the Northern Gateway project with supertankers trying to navigate narrow inlets.

Nov. 6, 2015, 1:56 p.m.

Face it, tar sands are dead. Greenland/arctic has enormous amounts of untapped cheap oil. The Saudis are realizing it, that's why they are pumping as much as they can now. The age of oil is coming to an end.

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

Nov. 6, 2015, 2:01 p.m.

Not a huge fan of the Keystone pipleline. But I would much rather have Keystone go ahead than the Northern Gateway project with supertankers trying to navigate narrow inlets.

They're two separate proposals from two separate companies targeting separate markets. One of the projects being approved or rejected does not effect the other's chances of being approved or rejected. I hear this nonsense all the time from Americans "If we don't approve Keystone, Canada is just going to ship the oil to China". News flash, they're greedy. If you approve Keystone, they're still going to push for Northern Gateway and vice versa.

Nov. 6, 2015, 2:19 p.m.

…. because everything ever boils down to a one or the other dichotomy.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Nov. 6, 2015, 2:20 p.m.

Also …

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Nov. 6, 2015, 3:21 p.m.

The golden son is disappoint

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.