NSMB NHL 2015-16 Thread

Oct. 2, 2015, 2:37 p.m.

Moving right along from other threads, it seems its (finally) time for Hockey!

First, is for me to claim the the Dallas Stars as my dark horse for the Season and even the Cup. With the off season acquisition of Niemi in net, I think they have the right pieces for a good season and while I'm unsure of their depth for a truly deep playoff run, they do have players with the post season experience.

As for the Canucks, well, they're with Winnipeg when it comes to golfing early for Canadian Teams. As much as I love Burke, I hate the Flames but they'll be interesting to watch especially with Giordano back. And I'm actually expecting the Leafs to do even more with their new Coach, like, make the playoffs again. Who doesnt like Babcock?

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Oct. 2, 2015, 2:40 p.m.

I predict the Ottawa senators being eliminated in the first round of the payoffs.

That is all, carry on.

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

Oct. 2, 2015, 2:43 p.m.

Sweet, two posts and two post season claims.

Does NSMB or NBR give odds?

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Oct. 2, 2015, 4:08 p.m.

lets Go Flyers !!!!!

looking forward to the season.. lots of changes in Flyers land for this year…

Oct. 5, 2015, 3:34 p.m.

Wow, Torres got spanked today, out for 41 games.

Kassian was probably having a pretty good Saturday night until his lady friend drove into a tree. I wonder if that is the sort of thing Canucks' management was thinking about when they traded him.

Oct. 5, 2015, 4:14 p.m.

Kassian was probably having a pretty good Saturday night until his lady friend drove into a tree. I wonder if that is the sort of thing Canucks' management was thinking about when they traded him.

Probably, since he's now suspended without pay while he goes through the NHLPA substance abuse program

Oct. 5, 2015, 7:23 p.m.

I heard that Gretzky is coming back as a right wing goon.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Oct. 5, 2015, 7:40 p.m.

even given torres' history, looking at that hit i'm surprised he got 41 games for it.

just looked at the nhl vid with slo mo and it makes more sense:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=781798

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Oct. 5, 2015, 9:04 p.m.

He should be banned - so many cheap shots.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 5, 2015, 9:22 p.m.

Fucking Coilers are going to finally do well this year.

Oct. 8, 2015, 1:46 p.m.

I know it's only one game, but good to see Toronto knowing their place.

Oct. 8, 2015, 4:01 p.m.

Canucks in First Place Baby.

Oct. 8, 2015, 8:39 p.m.

Yeah, sure his lady friend was driving. Ahem! As I posted in 2012 about the Kassian for Hodgson trade:

Big mistake IMHO … the guy has on and off ice problems too. The guy is trouble. Hodgson must have asked to go?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zack_Kassian

_On January 21, 2010, Kassian was handed a 20-game suspension by the OHL for his hit to the head of Barrie Colts forward Matt Kennedy.

In the 2011 IIHF world juniors, Kassian was handed a 2-game suspension for his hit to the head on Czech defenceman Petr Senkerik.

In May 2010, Kassian was charged with assault after an altercation outside of a downtown Windsor, Ontario bar. In October 2010, Kassian reached an agreement that saw the assault charge laid against him in May dropped. As part of the deal, Kassian, 19, must perform 25 hours of community service. He will also make a $500 donation to charity and pay for the dental work of the other person involved in the incident. Kassian was arrested shortly after the completion of the Memorial Cup after an altercation at a Windsor bar. If convicted of the charge, Kassian could have run into difficulty crossing the Canada-U.S. border as he looks to continue his hockey career.

On April 23, 2011, Kassian was suspended 4 games for an intent to injure match penalty he received at the end of a playoff game vs the Owen Sound Attack on April 23, 2011._

Also … he injured Tavares in a CHL Prospects game.

Also, I see Edmonton lost 3-1. The Oilers need to keep drafting more forwards in the 1st round, because that strategy seems to be working. And trade away their goalie (Dubnyk) who is awarded the Bill Masterton Trophy for his playoff performance - as a member of the Minnesota Wild.

Oct. 24, 2015, 9:51 p.m.

WTF … every Canucks home game is ending up like last year's Calgary series … they are leading all the way, allow the other team to chip away at their lead, and then lose in the 3rd period.

Vrbata is sucking wind.

They only got 1 point, I guess it could be worse - they could have 2 points in 7 games like the Flames.

Oct. 24, 2015, 10:18 p.m.

Conditioning.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells