NSMB doctors...achilles pain..help!

June 2, 2011, 2:33 p.m.

The human foot did not evolve to heel strike. If it did for example Asics would not have to add over an inch of cushioning to the average running shoe.

Fast Orange road a bike, where there's zero heel strike, and he developed problems.

Heel strike on hard surface is bad for the calcaneus. That hurts a lot.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 2, 2011, 4:34 p.m.

Fast Orange road a bike, where there's zero heel strike, and he developed problems.

Heel strike on hard surface is bad for the calcaneus. That hurts a lot.

It was in response to XXXer when he discussed running shoes.

Please try and keep up.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

June 18, 2013, 12:49 p.m.

DO NOT HARDEN THE FUCK UP. I went the HTFU route a couple years ago and ended up tearing it. 6 months of physio, next to no cardio exercise and 15 lbs later I was wishing I had just taken it easy.

Since people keep telling me this and other horror stories I figured I should get mine checked out. I strained mine from terrible cleat/saddle positioning a few weeks ago. I've been trying to take it easy but keep agitating it. I'd like to get back on the bikes as soon as possible!

Would you guys recommend going to a doctor or a physiotherapist? Anyone in particular?

Thanks

bike.

June 18, 2013, 2:20 p.m.

Since people keep telling me this and other horror stories I figured I should get mine checked out. I strained mine from terrible cleat/saddle positioning a few weeks ago. I've been trying to take it easy but keep agitating it. I'd like to get back on the bikes as soon as possible!

Would you guys recommend going to a doctor or a physiotherapist? Anyone in particular?

Thanks

Experiences with doctors over here haven't been great. Had issues with my knee for years and they were no help (could just have been the ones I found). I would go see a physio to get some help.

June 18, 2013, 2:43 p.m.

If you haven't had Achilles problems already, I would suggest some regular preventative stretching, especially if you are older and cycle/run/ski a fair bit.

June 18, 2013, 2:48 p.m.

joefromthesoo, go straight to physio, the doctor would probably send you anyway. you dont need a doctor's referral either.

June 18, 2013, 10:22 p.m.

Thanks for the info! If anyone can recommend a good physio it'd be much appreciated.

bike.