NOW NSFW - Closing the open letter thread?

March 13, 2013, 7:02 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qujvx-XHKmI

warning, pre-internet content!

Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.

March 13, 2013, 7:10 p.m.

well this way they can click a button and not see what it is that's so bothersome…

March 13, 2013, 7:14 p.m.

well this way they can click a button and not see what it is that's so bothersome…

But that would mean taking personal responsibility for what they view on the internet.

Removing any and all material that might offend someone is a much more considerate option so I've heard.

www.natooke.com

March 13, 2013, 7:29 p.m.

cam is going to get some mo phone calls!

March 13, 2013, 7:32 p.m.

now taht i know people can just click a button..

March 13, 2013, 8:21 p.m.

Removing any and all material that might offend someone is a much more considerate option so I've heard.

This reminds me about a discussion I had a few times working for the CofT with the PC Drones.

Management- " You must enforce the rules of the gym."
Me " Okay."
Management " But you can't offend anyone by doing so"
Me.."Okay, so how do I enforce the rules yet not offend anyone?"
Management " Well, you simply can't offend anyone by the rules. Do you understand?"
Me " No. Because by enforcing the gym rules even politely with please and thank you's people will be offended by those gym rules. So by that logic I can't enforce the gym rules as doing so would offend someone."
Management " Well, you must enforce the gym rules but not offend anyone."
Me "Okay.. but I can't do both…I can either enforce the rules which will offend or I can't enforce gym rules and will not offend."
Management.."well, you must enforce the gym rules"
Me.."okay..but people will be offended by the gym rules"
Management.. " But you can't offend anyone."

Yep..endless entertainment.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

March 13, 2013, 8:59 p.m.

holy crap a solution could be so simple?

nope, it's not doin' it for me…

:censored:

March 13, 2013, 10:35 p.m.

March 14, 2013, 3:26 a.m.

is that ned stark? how'd things work out for him?

March 14, 2013, 6:45 a.m.

I like the way the collective wisdom of this place is prevailing and generating some workable solutions.

I appreciate the input.

I also appreciate those of you who have been using the report post function constructively. It's extremely helpful. Using it vindictively, to further your own personal agenda, or as a way to call out your online rivals (speaking of Game of Thrones…) - is less helpful. Thankfully most of you are doing the former and being respectful and reasonable.

hurray

March 14, 2013, 10:04 a.m.

Duke's post was reported so this thread has now been marked NSFW.

March 14, 2013, 10:07 a.m.

Duke's post was reported so this thread has now been marked NSFW.

Just noticed that, thanks.

March 14, 2013, 10:28 a.m.

image of candyboobies

cam is going to get some mo phone calls!

Just to offer up an interesting observation, when I was in Barcelona a couple of years ago, we ventured into a public market (very much like Granville Island market). There was a booth that was selling candies - and they had a whole section of this stuff. Booby-, butt- and cawk-shaped candies … all at a level that could be freely and easily seen by anyone taller than your average 8-year-old. In Rome, street-level vendors all over the place had racks of postcards filled with nudity (just across the river from the Vatican hahaha), again with no shielding from anyone's eyes.

Not judging anyone, just making a passing comment on other cultures' tolerance levels.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

March 14, 2013, 11:32 a.m.

Just to offer up an interesting observation, when I was in Barcelona a couple of years ago, we ventured into a public market (very much like Granville Island market). There was a booth that was selling candies - and they had a whole section of this stuff. Booby-, butt- and cawk-shaped candies … all at a level that could be freely and easily seen by anyone taller than your average 8-year-old. In Rome, street-level vendors all over the place had racks of postcards filled with nudity (just across the river from the Vatican hahaha), again with no shielding from anyone's eyes.

Not judging anyone, just making a passing comment on other cultures' tolerance levels.

Kn.

First clue I had though I wasn't fully aware of it at the time. Now that I think of it we are a repressed society..84 went to Europe for 3 months on family vacation. Most of it in France and I recall how during their 2 hour lunch break how women would walk to a downtown park, lay out a towel, and simply strip off their work clothes and slip on their swimsuit to tan. No one over reacted. It was only Canadians and Americans who who stare. Try that anywhere in Canada.

Another example was during my 3 months in Sydney Australia. Noticed how women who get a compliment from a guy are much happier about that stuff and friendlier then women are here.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

March 14, 2013, 11:33 a.m.

In Rome, street-level vendors all over the place had racks of postcards filled with nudity

Funny, I was in Switzerland a couple of years ago, and saw something similar. Boobs and sperm seemed to be the theme there. All of the shops had a tourist, knick-knack area with postcard racks filled with bare breasts, and shirts with the Swiss flag represented with sperm (ie: the white cross was all sperm swimming towards an egg in the centre).

The only people that seemed to care were the North American tourists. They were the ones making loud tut-tutting noises and shielding their children's eyes, and generally making a big production, but not actually saying anything to shop employees. All the other European tourists were pretty nonplussed about it.

Ride, don't slide.