North Van Realator

June 24, 2013, 5:59 p.m.

Can any of you guys recommend anyone good? Will just be buying, currently renting, moving in 1-2 years, currently looking at North Van pre-construction units.

June 24, 2013, 7:29 p.m.

Check out Chris Brown, he does a good amount of pre-construction sales. He's a good guy and a rider.

http://www.rennierealty.com/sa/ChrisBrown

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

June 24, 2013, 7:47 p.m.

Realator? So is this, like, Skeletor's bro?

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

June 24, 2013, 8:18 p.m.

Can any of you guys recommend anyone good? Will just be buying, currently renting, moving in 1-2 years, currently looking at North Van pre-construction units.

It depends, do you speak Persian?

:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

"Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes, it has not died out."
- The Daily Telegraph (1877)

June 24, 2013, 8:58 p.m.

Check out Chris Brown, he does a good amount of pre-construction sales. He's a good guy and a rider.

That face

June 24, 2013, 9:11 p.m.

Thanks, will take a look.

It depends, do you speak Persian?

:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Ha, no, i'm so white, i'm almost transparent :scotland:

June 24, 2013, 9:38 p.m.

Why pre-sale? Have you considered all the down sides/liabilities to purchasing a pre sale unit?

June 24, 2013, 10:09 p.m.

look up my buddy franco diligenti . . .

June 25, 2013, 6:59 a.m.

Why pre-sale? Have you considered all the down sides/liabilities to purchasing a pre sale unit?

Why, we like new, we're not looking to move for a year or two so puts pre sale in the picture, we may consider an existing building if we can't find a pre sale we're happy with. Happy to be schooled if there is a very good reason for not going that route.

look up my buddy franco diligenti . . .

thanks.

June 25, 2013, 3:24 p.m.

2nd for Chris Brown.

June 25, 2013, 3:33 p.m.

Foreclosures FTW

June 25, 2013, 3:58 p.m.

Why, we like new, we're not looking to move for a year or two so puts pre sale in the picture, we may consider an existing building if we can't find a pre sale we're happy with. Happy to be schooled if there is a very good reason for not going that route.

thanks.

The risks are too long to write out in one post.

Here are some:

The contracts are heavily skewed in favour of the developer.
You are left with very little guarantee of what the final product delivered will be.
You assume all the risk for the developer, yet in todays market are rewarded with a smaller unit at a premium price.

You are also buying a building with no established maintenance schedule, with maintenance fees set artificially low to attract buyers, and a strata council that will have no knowledge of efficiently operating the structure.

You also need to account for the risk that a bank can revoke or restructure the terms of your loan. You will also need to be reasonably sure that at time of completion your assessed value of the unit will exceed the mortgage value, or the bank will refuse to lend until you put enough money down.

Thats just a few risks off the top of my head.