Noob 4x4ing?

Feb. 8, 2017, 10:55 a.m.

Can anyone recommend a reputable shop in East Van/Burnaby to replace a wheel bearing assembly in an Xterra?

I'd do it myself as I did the drivers side but I'm separated from my truck, which is also separated from my tools.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Feb. 8, 2017, 12:58 p.m.

If the "DIFF LOCK" light is flashing it's not engaged.

Which it will also do if the signal is interrupted (broken pins, wire, etc.) or if the e-locker is seized.

Feb. 8, 2017, 1:01 p.m.

Can anyone recommend a reputable shop in East Van/Burnaby to replace a wheel bearing assembly in an Xterra?

I'd do it myself as I did the drivers side but I'm separated from my truck, which is also separated from my tools.

Isn't your X a Second gen? If so, the wheel bearings are part of the hub assembly and the whole thing gets replaced, even comes with ABS sensors. Don't buy a cheap hub - get a Moog or better.

Feb. 8, 2017, 2:51 p.m.

Isn't your X a Second gen? If so, the wheel bearings are part of the hub assembly and the whole thing gets replaced, even comes with ABS sensors. Don't buy a cheap hub - get a Moog or better.

I did it the hard way when I had my Tacoma, not worth it. Those assemblies are super easy to deal with.

Feb. 8, 2017, 6:44 p.m.

i can lend you tools if you can get to your truck. i'm by brentwood mall.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 8, 2017, 7:25 p.m.

Yeah. It is. Should've been more clear. Wheel bearing hub assembly.
I replaced the driver side assembly a few months ago with a SKF unit. Against my own better judgement only did the one side. (Forum advice, amiright guys?)

With any luck my X will either get smashed to shit in this snowfall or someone will jack it.

I might take you up on that offer syncro. But it won't be until March.
The trick is the 32mm deep socket or a worn 1-1/4" socket.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Feb. 12, 2017, 6:40 p.m.

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/pts/5970682158.html

So tempting!

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

Feb. 12, 2017, 7:26 p.m.

Wow that's steep. I'd pay maybe 500..

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Feb. 12, 2017, 8:05 p.m.

Wow that's steep. I'd pay maybe 500..

Used super charger, I'm really doubtful and probably would steer clear of it. It just kinda peaked my interest, cause well POWER!

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

Feb. 12, 2017, 8:49 p.m.

It would probably be mostly fine. Really won't notice the lower till like 3 thousand revs anyways… How often to you rev the nuts off your engine? Your money would be better spent on getting rid of your cat's before they break apart and take out your piston rings.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Feb. 12, 2017, 9:11 p.m.

It would probably be mostly fine. Really won't notice the lower till like 3 thousand revs anyways… How often to you rev the nuts off your engine? Your money would be better spent on getting rid of your cat's before they break apart and take out your piston rings.

I've read about that, but it was on the G35 cars, are the trucks prone to that too?

Feb. 12, 2017, 10:15 p.m.

I've read about that, but it was on the G35 cars, are the trucks prone to that too?

Mine was.. don't ignore the p0420/430 codes if they pop up
I had to rebuild my engine

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Feb. 13, 2017, 9:06 a.m.

How many k on your xterra? Mine has almost 300 thousand k and has never thrown that code. I have replaced the distributor,knock sensor,timing belt,regular oil changes,blah blah. Just wondering if theirs other good preventative tips. This my camping\hunting machine and I'm usually in the middle of nowhere. Had to get dragged out of the bush when the distributor went,trying to avoid that again. Never heard of this catastrophic converter thang. Mine is not supercharged.

Feb. 13, 2017, 9:07 a.m.

Mine was.. don't ignore the p0420/430 codes if they pop up
I had to rebuild my engine

Bummer! What year was yours?

Feb. 13, 2017, 9:17 a.m.

Forgot to say mines a 2001. from the pictures Adam West has posted,his a first gen also.