Noob 4x4ing?

Nov. 17, 2016, 9:05 p.m.

Reviving this thread as i had to get a New to me truck after a Taxi cab changed directions in front of me and wrought off my 2003 Ford Sport trac. RIP red Ford, you were a good "truck" I won't miss your squeaky brakes though, and your never adjusted right drum parking brakes.

I bought a 2013 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4door short box. It has a front leveling kit and Goodyear Duratrac 265/75R16 tires on it. The tire's suck in the rain, and the truck is harder on gas than the Ford was. Both have 4.0L V6's and 5 speed Auto trans. Nissan has a lot more get up and go, and the Suspension and overall handling is miles better than the old Ford ever was.

Now I want to get back into outdoor adventures, I used to wheel alot back in the day when I lived in Nelson with my old Blazer, so I might start hitting up some of the roads mentioned in this thread.
Chainsaw Check
Gas Can Check
Tow rope Kinda, but it's short and sucks.
Jack Check
GPS and Maps Check
Know where I'm going …… nope but that's part of the fun isn't it.

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

Nov. 17, 2016, 9:09 p.m.

Sweet! If you're ever on the island send me a message. I always carry a scan tool in my rig and a air pump. I've been meaning to carry useful tools out in the bush but meh.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Nov. 17, 2016, 10:42 p.m.

Reviving this thread as i had to get a New to me truck after a Taxi cab changed directions in front of me and wrought off my 2003 Ford Sport trac. RIP red Ford, you were a good "truck" I won't miss your squeaky brakes though, and your never adjusted right drum parking brakes.

I bought a 2013 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4door short box. It has a front leveling kit and Goodyear Duratrac 265/75R16 tires on it. The tire's suck in the rain, and the truck is harder on gas than the Ford was. Both have 4.0L V6's and 5 speed Auto trans. Nissan has a lot more get up and go, and the Suspension and overall handling is miles better than the old Ford ever was.

Now I want to get back into outdoor adventures, I used to wheel alot back in the day when I lived in Nelson with my old Blazer, so I might start hitting up some of the roads mentioned in this thread.
Chainsaw Check
Gas Can Check
Jack Check
GPS and Maps Check

Nice rig.
Stay away from Club Frontier, lest you want to have dreams of Titan Swapping the thing.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 18, 2016, 5:58 a.m.

Nice rig.
Stay away from Club Frontier, lest you want to have dreams of Titan Swapping the thing.

Too late :cry:

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

Nov. 18, 2016, 7:23 a.m.

Chainsaw Check
Gas Can Check
Jack Check
GPS and Maps Check

Hey Nice.
Been looking at the Pro4X on the used market. The seem like good value.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Nov. 18, 2016, 8:41 a.m.

Too late :cry:

:lol:

Hey Nice.

Really? Looking on CL I don't see any for less than what you'd get a 2016/2017 for.
Last winter I should've pulled the trigger on a low KM leather equipped, 13 Frontier Pro4X.

I was just on Toyota.com instead of Toyota.ca. Man are we ever getting shafted. Even the USA site is way more sexy.

Oh and LOL @ 2017 Taco Limited 4x4 Double Cabs coming with rear drum brakes.

I thought 2017 would be the new Frontier but I guess we'll have to wait.

Nov. 18, 2016, 8:51 a.m.

Really? Looking on CL I don't see any for less than what you'd get a 2016/2017 for.
Last winter I should've pulled the trigger on a low KM leather equipped, 13 Frontier Pro4X.

I was just on Toyota.com instead of Toyota.ca. Man are we ever getting shafted. Even the USA site is way more sexy.

Yeah there is a new model coming out, who knows when. The current has been the same for the last few years. I like that, it is a pretty basic truck. New models always worry me for problems.

http://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/Nissan/Frontier/Burnaby/British+Columbia/5_29397418_20120330161920779/?ursrc=pl[HTML_REMOVED]urp=2[HTML_REMOVED]urm=8[HTML_REMOVED]showcpo=ShowCPO

Hoping to snag one for under 30K

Nov. 18, 2016, 9:11 a.m.

I just purchased a new 4runner, and funnily enough the same spec in the USA (after forex) was about $10k more. Reverse shafting? :lol:

I cross shopped the Tacos, and the spec compared to a 4runner was laughable. Adjustable seats? 4 wheel disks? Such luxuries.

I would imagine a new Frontier would be coming soon…. or maybe they will just wait till the Mercedes joint project is done and dusted

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

Nov. 18, 2016, 9:36 a.m.

Ya the benz looks awesome.

Also like the Ford ranger redux. Although a bit turned off Ford. Buddy's new explorer has been a lemon.

Nov. 18, 2016, 10:09 a.m.

Hey Nice.

My wife and I love our Titan Pro-4X so far. The Frontier Pro-4X actually has nicer stock suspension than the Titans as well, we swapped our stock Ranchos out for Billsteins almost immediately (5150's in the front to level it out, HD's in the rear). Climbs like a billy-goat with the diff locked.

Waiting to wear out the stock tires a little before putting some decent rubber on it. Probably going to go with 33" BFG AT's or Duratracs.

Nov. 18, 2016, 10:20 a.m.

My wife and I love our Titan Pro-4X so far. The Frontier Pro-4X actually has nicer stock suspension than the Titans as well, we swapped our stock Ranchos out for Billsteins almost immediately (5150's in the front to level it out, HD's in the rear). Climbs like a billy-goat with the diff locked.

Waiting to wear out the stock tires a little before putting some decent rubber on it. Probably going to go with 33" BFG AT's or Duratracs.

Nice!
Like the colour. I will never buy another black vehicle again.
So the stock tires are a bit shit yeah?

Nov. 18, 2016, 10:32 a.m.

Nice!

Yeah, they're only P rated. They look off-road-y, but they're pretty flimsy. I've heard a few horror stories. Tough convincing the wife to get new tires for a brand new truck though :lol: Until then I plan on babying them.

Nov. 18, 2016, 10:40 a.m.

Nice!

Oops…

Ditto jbazett, KO2's for me in short order.

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

Nov. 18, 2016, 10:57 a.m.

Nice!

Yeah I have a black X :/

Whatever came on the Off-Road X/Frontier BFG Trail somethings are garbage. I swapped mine out after 1000KM. Ended up getting $400 for the set. :lol: Ran a set of 265/75R16 BFG ATs for 100,000KM+ and now running a set of Nitto TerraGrapplers 265/75R16s. I should've done the melt mode and put 285s on, both times…

Nov. 18, 2016, 11:08 a.m.

Sorry Punky and Co.

No Offense, black looks grea when its clean. Just any scratches, door dings can be seen a mile away. Hate that.