Non Boring Transportation Appliance?

Dec. 7, 2016, 6:41 p.m.

https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/mercedes-benz/vehicles/passenger-cars/g-class/the-g-class-model-year-2016/

So dope

Two year wait list. Couldn't believe it when I heard it.

Dec. 7, 2016, 6:43 p.m.

Two year wait list. Couldn't believe it when I heard it.

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/bnc/cto/5908681711.html

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Dec. 7, 2016, 7:13 p.m.

Looking for a vehicle with a larger interior than a Tacoma yet more fun to drive? Good luck. I've driven both the Tacoma and the LR4 extensively and the Tacoma is hands down more fun, unless by fun you mean "lots of gadgets to look at". The LR4 is planted and I enjoy it, but "fun" isn't the word for it.

flickr

Dec. 7, 2016, 7:45 p.m.

Hey lots of good conversation here… Yeah I figured there really isn't anything that really fits all those criteria, but thought I would see if there's anything out there I haven't heard of or if anyone was in a similar boat etc.

G-Wagen yeah!! "Starting at $128k" for a new one is definitely more than I'd care (or can afford) to spend on a car. Although that thing would be sweet!

I do want to say that the whole parking aspect has been overstated a bit hahaha. It does have a turning circle that's just slightly smaller than the Queen Mary (I swear most full size trucks are better) but that's only one minor thing of a long list of items that bug me about the truck. But that wasn't my main point about the truck - that being that it is just no fun AT ALL to drive (on road, where 99% of my driving occurs). These sorts of things don't always reveal themselves on a test drive, or even months after owning a vehicle, it took a while to pinpoint what it was I don't really care for about the truck once the honeymoon wore off.

On the other hand, the Taco has been absolutely reliable, no issues in over 70,000km (bought it new in 2013), and as a transportation device it basically does what I need of it, just without the pace, style, handling, etc, etc, of our other car. I was just hoping there might be something better out there…

Dec. 7, 2016, 7:48 p.m.

Looking for a vehicle with a larger interior than a Tacoma yet more fun to drive? Good luck. I've driven both the Tacoma and the LR4 extensively and the Tacoma is hands down more fun, unless by fun you mean "lots of gadgets to look at". The LR4 is planted and I enjoy it, but "fun" isn't the word for it.

Are you talking about the 6 speed Taco or the Auto? This only the second automatic car I've owned and I think that may be part of it, but I have driven the manual Tacomas as well and there really isn't anything special about that transmission - heavy clutch, awkward rubbery shifter etc…

Dec. 7, 2016, 7:51 p.m.

Benz G 500 4x4 squared

Don't ever search auto trader for new AMG versions

Or look at Brabus tuned versions. :lol:

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Dec. 7, 2016, 8:25 p.m.

Did not know what it was, looked it up and was not disappointed

godam what happened to that trucks face ???

hit EVERy branch of the ugly tree on the way down…

Dec. 7, 2016, 8:46 p.m.

Are you talking about the 6 speed Taco or the Auto? This only the second automatic car I've owned and I think that may be part of it, but I have driven the manual Tacomas as well and there really isn't anything special about that transmission - heavy clutch, awkward rubbery shifter etc…

I've only ever driven automatic Tacomas of that generation. The older ones have a nicer, more positive transmission feel, while the newer ones like yours have a softer feeling transmission (which seems to get better with time) but better fuel economy to accompany it. Either way, on the scale of automatic transmissions, they're both pretty decent – and that's coming from someone who's almost exclusively owned manuals for my own personal vehicles.

flickr

Dec. 7, 2016, 8:48 p.m.

2017 Armada.

Dec. 7, 2016, 10:32 p.m.

Mazda CX-5, or 9. Reviews say fun to drive, come in all wheel drive etc…

Dec. 8, 2016, 12:02 a.m.

I want the new CX-9 engine w/all wheel drive in the 3 hatch.

And don't kid yourself, eh? You need 572 bhp for driving in BC!

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Dec. 8, 2016, 12:50 a.m.

Dec. 8, 2016, 7:11 a.m.

Lifted trucks like that are common in northern Alberta and northern BC.

What about the RR Evoque?

Dec. 8, 2016, 7:15 a.m.

Lifted trucks like that are common in northern Alberta and northern BC.

What about the RR Evoque?

About as useful as the http://www.bmw.ca/en/all-models/x-series/X4/2014/intro.html
No space inside. Really popular in the Metrotown area where I work.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Dec. 8, 2016, 7:26 a.m.

I recommend you try another sport… Like knitting!
Knit yourself a fuckin' somebody!

love that movie, to this day have no idea what Deaners above quote means.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch