NON-12 step (religion based) addiction programs in B.C.??

Sept. 14, 2010, 12:45 p.m.

i think most good rehab centers, although recommending exercise, do not allow vigorous exercise as it just replaces one addiction with another.One could certainly argue that it is ultimately a better addiction….but still a addiction(i'm sure it's a little more complex then that)

It has been said,

Exercise is for those who can't handle drugs or alcohol.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Sept. 14, 2010, 12:51 p.m.

i think most good rehab centers, although recommending exercise, do not allow vigorous exercise as it just replaces one addiction with another.One could certainly argue that it is ultimately a better addiction….but still a addiction(i'm sure it's a little more complex then that)

Interesting.

Looking back at my life and even today. If it wasn't and isn't for my endurance sport activities I'd definitely have gotten into the drugs and alcohol. Which knowing my ADD or Mild Autism or whatever they call it now makes one susceptible.

On a side note, how many know that Ray of Ray's MTB park is a former addict??

But the reality is, that when dealing with stuff like this meetings and such can help. But if one is wanting to change they have to figure out a path that works for them that allows them.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Sept. 15, 2010, 2:40 a.m.

take your bro on a tour of the dtes last wednesday of the month.

And trigger a craving. Real bright idea dude.:rolleyes:

http://www.smartrecovery.org/?gclid=CLLtn5CRiaQCFSL6iAodhgwyHQ

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Sept. 20, 2010, 10:47 p.m.

The there is also the the Ray of Ray's MTB Park methodology. Spend every dime you have on bike gear and parts so you have nothing for drugs or alcohol.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Sept. 21, 2010, 12:44 a.m.

This thread is a perfect example of why NSMB is THE best E-Family to be a part of.

April 2, 2011, 8:20 p.m.

Little update… I wish it was good news.

Well, he's lost his wife and kids, lost touch with his immediate family,and crashing in somebodies basement last time I heard. If it's gone this far I'm guessing he's still drinking and using. Just a matter of time before he loses his job…surprised he still has it.

So where exactly is this rock bottom you guys speak of? :(

Fuck it…almost time for a road trip.

April 2, 2011, 11:10 p.m.

Man, I feel for ya. I have a brother with a drinking problem and helplessly watching them waste their lives is such shit. I hope he figures it out soon.

Join SIMBS and help mountain biking on the Rock

Get out of the way, freedom's coming through!