no tolerance

July 16, 2009, 1:51 p.m.

Again, I'm really glad all the junkies, teenage prostitutes, gang members and human trafficking have been sorted so that the police can focus on the real problem, rogue cyclists.

awesome point. the police should no longer look into or arrest for any crimes that aren't child killings. until every child homicide has been solved, NO time should be wasted on robbery, gang violence etc

(sorry, just wanting to paint a picture for white riot highlight how truly silly his argument is)

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

July 16, 2009, 1:55 p.m.

awesome point. the police should no longer look into or arrest for any crimes that aren't child killings. until every child homicide has been solved, NO time should be wasted on robbery, gang violence etc

(sorry, just wanting to paint a picture for white riot highlight how truly silly his argument is)

:rolleyes:

You're right. It's not a silly waste of resources that could be better spent elsewhere.

July 16, 2009, 2 p.m.

:rolleyes:

You're right. It's not a silly waste of resources that could be better spent elsewhere.

you could argue that it is (and i likely wouldn't disagree unless you keep using your girly rolleyes) but saying "well i'm glad all the murders have been solved…" is reedonkulous.

police are there on our behalf to keep things orderly and safe… and sadly people take advantage of knowing that there are no consequences. so every once in a while cops have to go to a home and take a report about a break in, even though we all agree that solving a murder would be a better use of time

i am glad to see bikers get tickets now and then if they are breaking rules, considering i would guess that not less than HALF the bikers downtown are a frikking menance

July 16, 2009, 2:03 p.m.

Neil Morrison had a little blurb about this not too long ago today on the radio. Talking about the laws and saying cops are handing out tickets to people on the new Burrard bridge bike lane without a helmet.

July 16, 2009, 2:32 p.m.

It's no skin off my ass GW. I already said that my solution is to get in my car, contribute to congestion and contribute to pollution.

Way to incent people to go green VPD.

July 16, 2009, 2:38 p.m.

It's no skin off my ass GW. I already said that my solution is to get in my car, contribute to congestion and contribute to pollution.

Way to incent people to go green VPD.

but it isn't that simple is it? biking is great, bike commuting is awesome (one less car)but certainly as we (hopefully) get more and more people biking to work in and around the core we can't just have it be anarchy, right?

vancouver is pretty good (for a north american city that is) place to be a biker, besides the rain

July 16, 2009, 2:44 p.m.

but it isn't that simple is it? biking is great, bike commuting is awesome (one less car)but certainly as we (hopefully) get more and more people biking to work in and around the core we can't just have it be anarchy, right?

vancouver is pretty good (for a north american city that is) place to be a biker, besides the rain

I agree with all that you have said.

All the BS about minimum speed limits etc. is only a problem if ppl are riding like assholes. Stick to the shoulder when you can, take the lane when necessary and don't blow stop signs when:
a) it is unsafe to do so
b) there is a cop watching

July 16, 2009, 2:45 p.m.

considering i would guess that not less than HALF the bikers downtown are a frikking menance

totally…whenever I cross the road downtown, I don't even bother looking for straying cars, just for straying bikes. lethal. definitely worth a dedicated campaign that will have no long term effect.
here's the effect of that ticket: I'll either drive like CS for the rest of the month or take my place on broadway or 12th. enjoy your drive.

July 16, 2009, 2:46 p.m.

b) there is a cop watching

they were hiding behind parked cars this morning!

July 16, 2009, 2:56 p.m.

Oh no - Anarchy!!! Lolz at that.

GW - I think it pisses me off due to the cowardice and stupidity of how its being doled out. Do the cops go after Critical Mass, where the intent is to disrupt and cause chaos? No. Do the cops go after the bike couriers that ride erratically and dangeously through downtown? No.

They go after the guys that are trying make the earth and downtown a little better (not me - I'm driving). Good fucking job VPD.

July 16, 2009, 3:20 p.m.

Oh no - Anarchy!!! Lolz at that.

GW - I think it pisses me off due to the cowardice and stupidity of how its being doled out. Do the cops go after Critical Mass, where the intent is to disrupt and cause chaos? No. Do the cops go after the bike couriers that ride erratically and dangeously through downtown? No.

They go after the guys that are trying make the earth and downtown a little better (not me - I'm driving). Good fucking job VPD.

good points (except that your anger should be at city hall, not the VPD, they'd rather not be handing out the tickets

July 16, 2009, 3:20 p.m.

they were hiding behind parked cars this morning!

at least they're being a bit clever

July 16, 2009, 3:30 p.m.

So go f*ck yourself and your argument that exists only in your mind. BTW, you sound like a raving lunatic

wow. rage much?

:canada: :swiss:

July 16, 2009, 3:46 p.m.

wow. rage much?

Only on nutjobs like you who continuously make ridiculous statements without any supporting evidence. As usual, deflecting your unsupported claims. Zero credibility.

You should just stop now.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

July 16, 2009, 3:47 p.m.

you know its love when you start arguing about the way you're arguing.