NHL trade talk - canucks, etc... [warning: hockey fans only]

March 5, 2006, 8:35 p.m.

yea willie mitchell would be a good one. plus, i think he's a BC guy from the island. weinrich is pretty useless though, and he's friggen 39 years old. i'd spend more on a good d-man that we can keep and possibly move jovo in the off season. i agree that baumer is playing awesome and makes the loss to jovo easier. bourdon will be playing here next year by the looks of it and butechson needs more seasoning but he'll be up with the big club next year maybe too. i've been impressed with the young d-men from the moose so they've go lots of young talent to play with in trades or to count on in the future…

if someone wants jovo in the off season they'll sign him.. so no point then..

March 5, 2006, 10:39 p.m.

ummm ill take the tickets, cept its to late now, it really wouldnt be a hassle for me.

You should have posted earlier.

The game was somewhat slow, quite boring, and the fans were not into it at all.

There wasn't a lot of "umph" on the ice. St. Louis just plugged the front of the net most of the time, and with no perceptable shot from the point, the scoring chances were thin. Naslund was trying too hard with shots from the side. The no-name players are not NHL caliber; Vancouver's defense is really lacking.

The management needs to get the players motivated. I don't know what their problem is, but they are inconsistent. Jovo and Ohlund being out of the line-up really hurts. The back line has little talent, and very little speed.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

March 5, 2006, 10:44 p.m.

I think the injury woes are really affecting the players.

March 5, 2006, 11:14 p.m.

its getting down the stretch. they need to play consistently well from here on in and get on a streak. good teams play through injuries.

March 5, 2006, 11:23 p.m.

There is talent on the team, but having 3 of the top defensemen on the disabled list is really hurting them.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

March 5, 2006, 11:59 p.m.

agreed. baumer is playing well but you can tell he's not a 100% and still hurting. allen is hurt as well. we really miss the steadiness of salo. he has been perhaps the most consistent performer all year. he had a spurt where he didn't score much but he still played well defensively. ohlund has been good most of the time, but i think he is tiring and that could be why he is hurt. he played a lot before the olympics and during the olympics, so he had to be tired. jovo is missed for his breakout passing and skating, and the physical play. what can you do? allen has played pretty well, as has bieksa since being brought up, and even mcarthy actually, who was weak before christmas. i like the toughness aspect that bieksa brings - sure he makes mistakes, but he playes the man, fights, plays sound positionally and blocks shots. its a learning experience for those guys plus butechson and mojiz. hell, even brookbanker has been puttin minutes in.

March 6, 2006, 8:19 p.m.

Bert and Cloutier and someone else for Ovechkin and Kolzig.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

March 6, 2006, 8:33 p.m.

Bert and Cloutier and someone else for Ovechkin and Kolzig.

Hell, while we're at it, I here Morrison and Allen are heading east for Heatly and Chara.

iforonewelcome.com

March 6, 2006, 8:45 p.m.

All the Swedes on the Nucks for Kipprusoff and… oh wait there's actually nobody else on the Flames worth getting other than him.

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

March 6, 2006, 10:50 p.m.

Hell, while we're at it, I here Morrison and Allen are heading east for Heatly and Chara.

Spezza is coming with too, otherwise that trade just isn't balanced…

Adrenalize

March 6, 2006, 10:56 p.m.

i hate when teams start playin the trap once they are ahead

(\ /)
(O.o) help bunny achieve world domination. sig him.
(> <)

March 7, 2006, 12:16 a.m.

And since they'll be needing a big guy, Allen will be dealt for Alfredsson

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

March 7, 2006, 11:03 a.m.

Do you guys think that Bertuzzi would get respect from the fans if he left vancouver? considering how he gets booed every time he touches the puck every were but vancouver.

March 7, 2006, 11:34 a.m.

Do you guys think that Bertuzzi would get respect from the fans if he left vancouver? considering how he gets booed every time he touches the puck every were but vancouver.

fans change their oppinions pretty quick. Look at how Brad May has fit in in Colorado.

March 7, 2006, 3:38 p.m.

fans change their oppinions pretty quick. Look at how Brad May has fit in in Colorado.

He was booed the first couple games, I think.