NHL lockout ends.

Jan. 8, 2013, 2:46 a.m.

I bet that the big teams will all sell out and the only backlash from fans is just going to be some angry internet comments.

Didn't miss hockey during the lockout….can't see that changing for me now that its 'back'…have a nice life NHL…TTYL

I think the truth is in between those quotes since as a fan, I can agree with both. I'd imagine there's been some damage done to the smaller and or expansion franchises in the non traditionalmarkets.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Jan. 8, 2013, 5:56 a.m.

trade louongo.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Jan. 8, 2013, 6:14 a.m.

Toronto.

You have to make the playoffs to be eliminated from them.

Just say'n.

Jan. 9, 2013, 1:17 p.m.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/fbh/3532137865.html

Jan. 9, 2013, 2:05 p.m.

Millionaires fighting for millions and all that stuff, but I will be watching as soon as it is back. The shortened season should be entertaining because there is no room for a bad streak, everyone is as healthy as possible, and it is a mad sprint to the playoffs.

I am curious to see how the hiatus will effect LA and their playoff hot streak.

Jan. 9, 2013, 3:47 p.m.

Bye bye Burke

Jan. 10, 2013, 10:35 p.m.

So since there's little to no claims and predictions yet, ill say rangers kings final..

Jan. 11, 2013, 8:53 a.m.

So since there's little to no claims and predictions yet, ill say rangers kings final..

I really have no idea what this break is going to do to mix things up but that is probably as safe a guess as possible. I will go long, Oilers vs Toronto.

Jan. 11, 2013, 9:35 a.m.

I really have no idea what this break is going to do to mix things up but that is probably as safe a guess as possible. I will go long, Oilers vs Toronto.

Looks like Stanley is coming back to Edmonton!

Jan. 11, 2013, 10:09 a.m.

They sign Luwronggoal or what?

Anyway going to go lace up the skates for some hero hockey. Eff the NHL

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 11, 2013, 11:49 a.m.

You never know. It has been a long time since the NHLers laced up skates and those young guys on the Oil might be all grown up now. I would at least like to see both teams in the post season. They have felt shame long enough.

Jan. 11, 2013, 1:25 p.m.

I am curious to see how the hiatus will effect LA and their playoff hot streak.

Teams that go deep in the playoffs often have a tough time the next season due to the shorter break and excessive wear and tear. If anything I bet LA was pretty stoked to get a break from a hockey standpoint. Of course their ability to cash in on tickets to see the stanley cup championship team has taken a hit.

Jan. 11, 2013, 1:52 p.m.

Teams that go deep in the playoffs often have a tough time the next season due to the shorter break and excessive wear and tear. If anything I bet LA was pretty stoked to get a break from a hockey standpoint. Of course their ability to cash in on tickets to see the stanley cup championship team has taken a hit.

For sure, there is the usual hangover, but LA really didn't come into form until the end of the season followed by a brief and painless post season relatively speaking. That long hiatus must play a bit of a role in team chemistry with players playing on other teams and spending so much time apart. Who knows, maybe it means nothing.

Jan. 11, 2013, 3:39 p.m.

You never know. It has been a long time since the NHLers laced up skates and those young guys on the Oil might be all grown up now. I would at least like to see both teams in the post season. They have felt shame long enough.

I expect the oilers to make the post season despite an "apparent" lack of netminding. Most of their top 6 forwards and a few Dmen have done well in the AHL (schults led points I believe while Nuge, eberle and hall worked it well). So they should have a great start… In theory

As for the Leafs, if they sign Luongo, they have a much better chance, but its just that, a chance.

Jan. 11, 2013, 3:45 p.m.

this is how it goes:

luongo traded to leafs + leafs win cup

with a big eff you to the vancouver ninny fans