NHL 2014-2015 Canucks Rebuild Year

June 27, 2015, 8:55 a.m.

I think they could have gotten more for Lack. He is pretty solid, but not spectacular. Now they have a 34 year old [HTML_REMOVED] untested goalies after that. They have made some bad goalie moves in recent history. They'll never get Schneider back from the Devils.

Thread killer

June 29, 2015, 4:16 p.m.

Benning!! What the fuck bros?? You might as well have got a bag of used jock straps in that trade for Lack. Meanwhile our division rivals are improving dramatically.

YEAH! WE'RE THE NEW LEAFS! While you're at it why don't we try to trade for Kessel and Phaneuf. Hell, while you're at it see if you can pull Sean Avery out of retirement.

OK, I'm over-reacting. But what the fuck bros. Lack for a 3rd and 7th round pick? That's a load of ass.

Wrong. Always.

June 30, 2015, 12:27 a.m.

OK, I'm over-reacting. But what the fuck bros. Lack for a 3rd and 7th round pick? That's a load of ass.

He could've been packaged with Bieksa for some sort of better trade. Apparently Benning was trying to get Lucic before he went to the Kings. And what the hell, why'd Boston give up Hamilton, for picks no less? Didnt think they'd let him go anytime soon.

The next few seasons for Canucks fans could be looooong. Like Iron Mike / Messier pre Burke era long.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

June 30, 2015, 2:46 p.m.

The next few seasons for Canucks fans could be looooong. Like Iron Mike / Messier pre Burke era long.

No way. The expectation of the Messier era was nothing less than a cup (The ultimate leader Messier with 2 of the Red Army's finest… are you kidding me?), but right now all we expect is improvement year over year. By the time the Canucks are back in the hunt we better have sorted out a goalie that is better than Lack, so it was either get rid of him now, watch him leave next year and get nothing, or sign him next year for what… 4 mil for 5 years? Miller is our re-build goalie. We have him for 2 more years at which point we will hopefully be headed in the right direction.

June 30, 2015, 3:09 p.m.

Bieksa to Ducks for 2016 2nd round pick. :(

Good for him though, he must have got some NTC tips from Kesler.

June 30, 2015, 3:12 p.m.

Not boom boom:(

Ha Ha! Made you look.

July 1, 2015, 3:34 p.m.

No way. The expectation of the Messier era was nothing less than a cup (The ultimate leader Messier with 2 of the Red Army's finest… are you kidding me?), but right now all we expect is improvement year over year. By the time the Canucks are back in the hunt we better have sorted out a goalie that is better than Lack, so it was either get rid of him now, watch him leave next year and get nothing, or sign him next year for what… 4 mil for 5 years? Miller is our re-build goalie. We have him for 2 more years at which point we will hopefully be headed in the right direction.

I'm not going to argue any of that other than ask who the other Russian was, Bure and ? We might be agreeing with each other. Look at the moves Edmonton and Calgary have made today alone and look at the players we've sent for picks. Consider most of the draft picks may not be nhl ready post actual selection. I realize there's more time for the canucks admin but there's been a lot of good moves made by other teams.

July 1, 2015, 4:52 p.m.

Mogilny?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 1, 2015, 5:29 p.m.

I'm not going to argue any of that other than ask who the other Russian was, Bure and ? We might be agreeing with each other. Look at the moves Edmonton and Calgary have made today alone and look at the players we've sent for picks. Consider most of the draft picks may not be nhl ready post actual selection. I realize there's more time for the canucks admin but there's been a lot of good moves made by other teams.

need cap space and picks to make moves, Canucks have neither. Oilers and Calgary have stunk it up for enough years to stock up. Canucks have chose to retool on the fly, which is going to take a lot longer. This fanbase is so fickle, they would revolt if they tanked, revolt if they are mediocre, revolt if the just make the playoffs, heck the revolted when they came a game short of the big prize.

Hopefully the kids coming up will provide some excitement and the sky won't actually fall like many are predicting and in a few years they'll be in the position to challenge again.

July 1, 2015, 6:12 p.m.

My initial point was it sucked to be a fan during the Messier era and given how other teams in our division are improving today, it (next few seasons) may be similar in nature.

Canucks put themselves in this situation by mismanagement essentially.

July 28, 2015, 10:29 a.m.

I think I like this deal. Bye bye Bonino , hello Sutter. We might miss Clendening though.