Nfl > Nhl

Jan. 15, 2007, 6:42 p.m.

I briefly switched over to check on the Canucks game and no-offence to all hockey fans, but I thought I was going fall asleep after watching hockey for 5 minutes.

Well theres your problem!

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
— Sigmund Freud

:canada: :usa:

Jan. 15, 2007, 6:50 p.m.

thank you sir, football is a way better game then hockey, especially the nfl, i am a huge lions fan but the cfl has too many damn penatlies being called every play, but the nfl, theres two hours i wont leave the tv for

:ireland: Pickem-up Truck

Jan. 15, 2007, 7:05 p.m.

Go Hawks!!!

Jan. 15, 2007, 7:20 p.m.

I used to be a rugby player so the constant stopping of play in football just doesn[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;t flow with me although I will watch the lions play once in a while so I say nhl [HTML_REMOVED] nfl although some of the tackles in the highlight are pretty damn entertaining

Jan. 15, 2007, 7:44 p.m.

go Saints.

Jan. 15, 2007, 7:50 p.m.

I think a fair arguement would be that the NFL is better then the NHL, but Hockey is still better then Football. The NHL is just so fucked right now that we can only hope in a few years they get back on track. The new 07/08 season tight fit jerseys will be the next thorn in the side… when will the league start consulting the players and fans before making these stupid decisions?

Jan. 15, 2007, 8:13 p.m.

Who can stop 85?

You cant stop 85.

Sun Peaks is Rockin

Jan. 15, 2007, 8:25 p.m.

I think a fair arguement would be that the NFL is better then the NHL, but Hockey is still better then Football. The NHL is just so fucked right now that we can only hope in a few years they get back on track. The new 07/08 season tight fit jerseys will be the next thorn in the side… when will the league start consulting the players and fans before making these stupid decisions?

I saw a sketch of the new jerseys somewhere, they were all tucked in and stuff, not the cool Gretzky tuck either, a space like, way too tight tuck. Im afraid to see those things at the all - star game. Pratt on team 1040 says they are a disgrace to the league and a joke if we were to use them, Im worried Bettman is going to make the NHL a joke.

chad

Link, but no pic: http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2680102

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

Jan. 15, 2007, 9:58 p.m.

Im worried Bettman is going to make the NHL a joke.

going to?

Jan. 15, 2007, 10:02 p.m.

going to?

exactly

Jan. 15, 2007, 10:06 p.m.

agreed NFL [HTML_REMOVED] NHL. it's ridiculous how entertaining it is and, here's a big reason for it's popularity and excitement, every game counts, regular season or playoffs. it also has hands-down the best athletes in the world. those receivers can run almost as fast and jump almost as high as world class runners and basketball players, so sick to watch. and the roughness makes it pretty much the only team sport I can really get into. IMO the start/stop aspect builds excitement even more than "flowy" sports (who watches team sports to see flow anyway? I'd rather watch a mtb/snowboard movie for that). GO PATS!

Jan. 15, 2007, 10:11 p.m.

This is a perfect example of how dull football is. For the first time, possibly in the history of the league, there are more than one or two interesting games in a day and football fans go crazy and immediately forget the rest of the season and most other playoffs.

There are two main types of team sports:

Hockey, basketball, and soccer teams are made up of individuals who's skills compliment each other and they must be aware of each other at any given time in order to make plays.

Football and baseball teams might as well be robots who do what the play tells them to do. Football requires more sophisticated robots than baseball to accomodate for the additional if/then statements needed for the limited dynamics of plays.

How anyone can compare the former to the latter for entertainment value is beyond me.

iforonewelcome.com

Jan. 15, 2007, 10:36 p.m.

One or 2 great football games???? Sure…………..

BTW, I lost count on how many thousands boring NHL games.

The fact is there are 16 games in a football season compared to 82 games in the NHL. It is bound to happen that there will more boring/forgettable games in hockey (same as the NBA and MLB). You can't honestly tell me that some of those Canucks games (where they decided not to show up) were entertaining. It's kinda like watching soccer on ice.

Jan. 15, 2007, 10:37 p.m.

How anyone can compare the former to the latter for entertainment value is beyond me.

for the exhibits of pure athleticism and the strategy involved. I can't stand baseball, but the NFL has both of the above. the plays in football are crazy, and the players who execute them are mind-boggling to watch. also, it's nice to watch a sport where you don't have to wait around all game for someone to score (i.e. soccer, hockey).

Jan. 15, 2007, 11:23 p.m.

for the exhibits of pure athleticism and the strategy involved.

Sadly, those traits aren't exhibited by the same people.

And although I'll concede that there's a LOT of strategy in Football, there's very little impressive about the athletesism of football players compared to other pro sports aside from the fact that they can take a beating, but it's still nothing compared to Hockey.

A physics prof once deduced that a hit from even Paul Kariya carried more force than almost any NFL hit when you factor in the speed at which he's travelling and the relative inflexability of the boards.

iforonewelcome.com