New Years Eve

Dec. 30, 2012, 9:53 p.m.

pfft, you take your career way too seriously. Go and get laid, it's not so bad

Small town, transient male population, dwindling female population. Blackmail and fake assault charges are a reality for guys here - it's just something we've got to deal with. You know how abstinence is the best way not to get pregnant? Well in this town it's the best way not to get charged with rape or stuck going through a paternity test. I save the sexy times for vacations to resorts or trips to other towns/cities.

Dec. 30, 2012, 9:56 p.m.

My resolution last year was to go a year without drink.

Looking forward to my first beer in a year, and to passing out before the ball drops. Shouldn't take much.

Sobriety gives you a high with a clarity that you just can't get on drugs [HTML_REMOVED] alcohol … I'm doing 6 months and its great!

sept 27th to march 17th

Dec. 30, 2012, 10:22 p.m.

We got a small expat bar here in TJ, it's like cheers, can go there pretty much anytime and find the usual suspects. I have to work until about 9pm, then it'll be off to the bar for NYE merriment with other hardened drinkers. Mostly Brits.

What? No evening with your fiance?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Dec. 30, 2012, 10:43 p.m.

Chinese new year is in February.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Dec. 30, 2012, 10:45 p.m.

Kn.

Dec. 30, 2012, 10:59 p.m.

She'll be at the party. She doesn't drink so she'll be in good shape to scrape me off the floor and make sure I don't try to cycle home.

www.natooke.com

Dec. 30, 2012, 11 p.m.

Surf my brains out New Year's eve day so I'll be too tired to hear the fireworks New Year's
eve night and get up the mountain (if I don't have to work) on 1 Jan 2013.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Dec. 30, 2012, 11:23 p.m.

Kn.

I know a few Chinese who celebrate both.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Dec. 30, 2012, 11:24 p.m.

She'll be at the party. She doesn't drink so she'll be in good shape to scrape me off the floor and make sure I don't try to cycle home.

Ah.. The honourable role of Designated Sober.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Dec. 30, 2012, 11:30 p.m.

I know a few Chinese who celebrate both.

It's just what he does. In every single thread he has to point out perceived errors no matter how small or irrelevant they may be to the topic.

For example:

NSMB Poster: "It's a nice day today."

KenN: Actually, today's temperature is slightly lower than the seasonal average and there is more than 50% cloud coverage. Saying it's a "nice" day insinuates that the weather is above average by any quantifiable measure of relative comfort, which today, it is not.

www.natooke.com

Dec. 31, 2012, 2:14 a.m.

From my short time here in China I have ascertained that the Chinese don't need a special day to light fireworks off.

Dec. 31, 2012, 9:17 a.m.

From my short time here in China I have ascertained that the Chinese don't need a special day to light fireworks off.

So, if the goat breaks a fever they will fire off a few to celebrate?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Dec. 31, 2012, 9:32 a.m.

It's just what he does. In every single thread he has to point out perceived errors no matter how small or irrelevant they may be to the topic.

For example:

NSMB Poster: "It's a nice day today."

KenN: Actually, today's temperature is slightly lower than the seasonal average and there is more than 50% cloud coverage. Saying it's a "nice" day insinuates that the weather is above average by any quantifiable measure of relative comfort, which today, it is not.

tried to rep but gun is empty.

Dec. 31, 2012, 9:52 a.m.

tried to rep but gun is empty.

Gotcha' covered.

I enjoy reading the tales of the single and/or young. It keeps my memories grounded and helps reinforce I'd be a fool for giving up my sedate 30 something lifestyle.

Dec. 31, 2012, 9:56 a.m.

Small town, transient male population, dwindling female population. Blackmail and fake assault charges are a reality for guys here - it's just something we've got to deal with. You know how abstinence is the best way not to get pregnant? Well in this town it's the best way not to get charged with rape or stuck going through a paternity test. I save the sexy times for vacations to resorts or trips to other towns/cities.

no wonders you are so fukkn grumpy..