New top gear

Feb. 5, 2014, 8:16 a.m.

I thought Top Gear USA is crap at first too. But if you stop trying to compare it to "real" Top Gear and watch it for what it is the show isn't too bad.

Almost every single episode is a challenge of some type and despite it looking like the USA hosts are bad ripoffs of the UK crew they do work well together and are funny.

Feb. 5, 2014, 9:24 a.m.

Top gear Australia was the worst IMHO. Made USA version look good.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Feb. 5, 2014, 9:33 a.m.

I thought Top Gear USA is crap at first too. But if you stop trying to compare it to "real" Top Gear and watch it for what it is the show isn't too bad.

Almost every single episode is a challenge of some type and despite it looking like the USA hosts are bad ripoffs of the UK crew they do work well together and are funny.

I can agree with that. They are catering to a easily distracted audience by having constant challenges, and constantly using beat up, cheap, crappy cars caters to my love of owning and driving beat up, cheap, crappy cars (I almost died in my 1985 Pontiac Fiero).

yeah bro!!

Feb. 5, 2014, 2:12 p.m.

I agree with this… It's not Top Gear UK its something different. I still enjoy watching it, just not as much as the original.

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

Feb. 6, 2014, 2:24 a.m.

to be fair, not even TG UK is what it used to be. I think the peak was somewhere around season 12,13… Nowadays it's just a comedy show, and not even a great one.

Feb. 9, 2014, 11:34 p.m.

McLaren P1 tonight….yummy

Feb. 10, 2014, 11:53 p.m.

That p1 omg! Still like the huayra better IMO but I would sell my soul for either

Feb. 11, 2014, 2:26 a.m.

I'm waiting for the porsche 918 vs P1 on track. It's supposed to happen "in the next couple of weeks".

Feb. 11, 2014, 5:41 p.m.

I'm waiting for the porsche 918 vs P1 on track. It's supposed to happen "in the next couple of weeks".

Pointless. The P1 is in another dimension to any other hypercar on track. The only thing that would worry a P1 on a track is a larger engined Radical but they're useless on the road. Like with the F1, McLaren have moved the game on far enough to make the LaFerrari (LOL) and the lovely 918 none existent in bragging rights.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Feb. 11, 2014, 6:12 p.m.

loved the bet at the end, changing his name to Jennifer if the Stig beats the P1 lap time with the 918. La Ferrari won't come out until they can beat the P1 Nurburgring time. It will be interesting to see if Porsche takes another crack at it.

www.travelswithtyler.com

Feb. 12, 2014, 7:55 a.m.

Pointless. The P1 is in another dimension to any other hypercar on track. The only thing that would worry a P1 on a track is a larger engined Radical but they're useless on the road. Like with the F1, McLaren have moved the game on far enough to make the LaFerrari (LOL) and the lovely 918 none existent in bragging rights.

There are no back to back comparisons out yet. This is why I look forward to their top gear battle. So far, everything has been pure speculation.

To believe or not to believe the hype about the P1? Don't get me wrong, i respect the P1, but I am very interested in seeing if Porsche has done it again. From what I've seen and read so far both cars are game changers. I wonder which is the biggest.

On another note, I find the LaFerrari douche-y; the fact that they postpone the launch because of ring times makes it more douche-y even before it hits the streets.

Feb. 12, 2014, 8:21 a.m.

There are no back to back comparisons out yet. This is why I look forward to their top gear battle. So far, everything has been pure speculation.

To believe or not to believe the hype about the P1? Don't get me wrong, i respect the P1, but I am very interested in seeing if Porsche has done it again. From what I've seen and read so far both cars are game changers. I wonder which is the biggest.

On another note, I find the LaFerrari douche-y; the fact that they postpone the launch because of ring times makes it more douche-y even before it hits the streets.

600kgs of downforce at 160mph… Even if it wasn't lighter/more powerful, didn't have the clever ESP, torque fill ECU, bespoke Pirelli's etc it'd still be by far the faster of the two because of the aero alone. The LaLa will be as quick, maybe faster in a straight line, but who cares about drag races.

That said, the 918 is the prettiest of the lot by far and this whole thing (the trackday world champs) is madness really but I'm just happy to see McLaren come from nowhere to building better road cars than Ferrari in 5 years. What will be the biggest test for McLaren is the baby car slated for next year. If they can make a mini 12C to compete or beat the 911 they will certainly have arrived.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Feb. 12, 2014, 9:56 a.m.

I'm just happy to see McLaren come from nowhere to building better road cars than Ferrari in 5 years.

this, I can totally agree with.

The uber mega trio of über mega hyper cars of 2014 reminds me of the Enzo/Carerra GT/McMerc SLR battle. Those were all pretty amazing at the time, each because of its own unique character. Somehow I think history is repeating itself. I do have a feeling however, that the 918 will be the most drivable of the three, opposed to the CGT being the trickiest one almost 10 years ago.

Feb. 21, 2014, 2:33 a.m.

In case you haven't seen it yet, JCL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb8tGX-HPQE

and gifs:

http://jalopnik.com/the-mclaren-p1-in-gifs-1526309745

After watching this, I think you might well be right about the P1 being better than the 918.

March 1, 2014, 9:03 p.m.

That 6x6 is ridiculous!

Ha Ha! Made you look.