new phone time - samsung??

Sept. 6, 2016, 5:45 p.m.

You need to copy/migrate crap that's stored by default on your phone's internal storage to the SD card. If you don't already have one, you can download a file browser/manager like the free ASUS ZenUI File Manager from the Google Play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asus.filemanager[HTML_REMOVED]hl=en

Thanks.

Why are some apps easily moved to the SD card with the app manager and some cannot be moved no matter what?

Sept. 6, 2016, 5:49 p.m.

Thanks.

Why are some apps easily moved to the SD card with the app manager and some cannot be moved no matter what?

Because Android.

Not all Android phones have external storage so it's not trivial to make it "just work".

Sept. 6, 2016, 9:05 p.m.

Android has changed to allow apps to be moved to external storage (via Application Manager), but few apps are written to work properly when installed on external storage.

The data can to be moved to external storage, if the app is properly written, but again not many support this. App developers don't want to deal with extra work involved for external storage support. Kind of like early Windows, where a lot of programs would install or place their data in the system directory.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 6, 2016, 9:55 p.m.

Love asking people "If that's an iPhone Mini?"

A 6 with Lifeproof case barely fits into any jacket, shirt or leg covering pocket as it is.

my phone is twice as thick as the standard S5 active , it,s also rubberized is spots add the antenna/speaker and she,s a bulky sucker , but durable as hell .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Sept. 6, 2016, 10:16 p.m.

Thanks.

The OS and critical apps probably have to stay on the internal storage. Non-critical data files and apps can go on the SD or be deleted without affecting the OS.

Sept. 7, 2016, 12:55 a.m.

The OS, critical apps, and carrier bloatware probably have to stay on the internal storage.

FYP

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 9, 2016, 12:06 a.m.

Apple says removing the headphone jack was courageous. Maybe, but Motorola did it first on their new Moto Z line, which has been out for months.

This photo was making the rounds today, I'm sure you've already all seen it.

Huh. It's not there. Guess I've forgotten how to work the bb. Oh well, you've seen it already anyway.

Sept. 9, 2016, 9:50 p.m.

http://arstechnica.com/security/2016/09/two-critical-bugs-and-more-malicious-apps-make-for-a-bad-week-for-android/

If you want to go Android in Canada, don't go Samsung. Go any manufacturer that doesn't try to add "value". Samsung has a pretty case and screen with software that takes months to a year to get updated if at all.

If Apple didn't shit the bed with their profit driven motive to get rid of the 3.5mm jack I was ready to go back to that acid bath when I had to. Probably go to a Moto RAZR now.

Sept. 9, 2016, 10:15 p.m.

S6 update for Marshmallow came out in April for Canadian carriers, except for Rogers who just recently released it. Overall the delay is not that long, and Rogers service is horrible.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Sept. 9, 2016, 10:22 p.m.

S6 update for Marshmallow came out in April for Canadian carriers, except for Rogers who just recently released it. Overall the delay is not that long, and Rogers service is horrible.

Do you work for TELUS or Bell?

Sept. 9, 2016, 10:50 p.m.

No, but I switched from Rogers (after using them for twenty years) to Bell (because of the big decline in Rogers support) and then back to Rogers. If it wasn't for the very good deal I got for porting into Rogers, I'd never have considered switching back. Their support is now worse than when I first left.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Sept. 10, 2016, 5:47 a.m.

Pre-ordered Note 7 and now just waiting for them to sort out the "exploding while chargning issue". I hate the Samsung bloatware but great specs make up for it. Some rooting/haxorz can get rid of most of it if so inclined. Also, it´s got a 3.5mm audio jack.

I always pay cash for my phones -[HTML_REMOVED] the flexibility to switch provider whenever and I tend to take better care of it.

edit: Oh, is the one+ 3 available in Canada? Lot of people rave about it and it´s value. Direct sales flagship killer. https://oneplus.net/uk/

Sept. 10, 2016, 8:02 a.m.

Try Nova Launcher. Great customizations and snappy.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Sept. 10, 2016, 5:37 p.m.

If you need to type anything…. blackberry Classic.

Sept. 15, 2016, 2:37 a.m.

The problem to me that all my phones stop working well after 2 years (Iphone and Sumsung as well) What do you advise for more lasting usage?