New Forum

March 5, 2017, 8:46 a.m.

The appearance/layout is much better on my desktop. Was using an ipad before and wasn't crazy about it.  The edit function is a bit odd.  I couldnt see where I was supposed to type.

March 5, 2017, 8:52 a.m.

set it up similar to PB and RM and you might get more traffic . as it sits right now I don,t think it,s going to draw more members . hell I don,t even think it will bring people back . every time I visit this site I have to log in , WTF is the purpose of pressing the stay logged in button if it does not work !!!

March 5, 2017, 9:35 a.m.

Now that I see it on the big screen at home, NSMB 4.0 is awesome!

Unfortunately, on my Iphone 5, the forum was literally unusable.  Hopefully Norm's working on that still.  I'm more than happy to share details of my complaints if desired, but don't want to whine.

March 5, 2017, 2:30 p.m.

The mobile site seems a lot better.  The layout is almost spot on, and the editor is working for plain text input.

Post and Reply buttons at bottom sit right on top of the page list.  Needs some vertical space between the items.  Same with top of the page.

But, overall, the vertical spacing between posts could be tightened up so as to eliminate excessive scrolling.

Chrome and Android V6.

March 5, 2017, 4:25 p.m.

Posted by: switch

The mobile site seems a lot better.  The layout is almost spot on, and the editor is working for plain text input.

Post and Reply buttons at bottom sit right on top of the page list.  Needs some vertical space between the items.  Same with top of the page.

But, overall, the vertical spacing between posts could be tightened up so as to eliminate excessive scrolling.

Chrome and Android V6.

Thanks for the feedback. I've tighten up the spacing and added more improvements.

The WYSIWYG should be much better now and behave better with mobile browsers as well.

Keep the feedback coming!

March 5, 2017, 5:54 p.m.

looks like it's all coming together, I was going to mention the "go to first unread post" tab, and I come back and it's back!

March 5, 2017, 7:31 p.m.

I like it.

I'd like it more with different skin preferences.

March 5, 2017, 8:05 p.m.

It's shaping up pretty good.   :)

Wait wait - no emojis?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Last edited by: switch on March 5, 2017, 8:07 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 5, 2017, 9:48 p.m.

I miss how when you were looking at the list of the main forums it said what thread the last post was in, and not just the last poster. 

I also liked the drop down menus on every forum page to navigate between the different forums.

March 5, 2017, 10:14 p.m.

The thread list for a forum, in mobile view, has:

Last post by:

By: username

Remove 2nd line "By" and move user name up to "Last post by".

Last edited by: switch on March 5, 2017, 10:15 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 6, 2017, 10:55 a.m.

Posted by: tashi

I miss how when you were looking at the list of the main forums it said what thread the last post was in, and not just the last poster. 

I also liked the drop down menus on every forum page to navigate between the different forums.

Done! I'll add the dropdown menus shortly.

Posted by: switch

The thread list for a forum, in mobile view, has:

Last post by:

By: username

Remove 2nd line "By" and move user name up to "Last post by".

Thanks for the catch. Fixed!

March 6, 2017, 3:46 p.m.

Posted by: FlipFantasia

looks like it's all coming together, I was going to mention the "go to first unread post" tab, and I come back and it's back!

This please!

March 6, 2017, 8:50 p.m.

Posted by: Straw

10 years since the last update?  Time goes.  I remember people complaining at the time that it looked like two strips of duct tape on each side.

Any chance we'll get our old forum post counts back?  And the date of joining?  I was 2002 I think, which seems such a long time ago!  We'd post about re-building dirt jumps around UVic after they got ploughed under, the Outdoor Show was the beginning of the season and we cared about it, and Wade was still competing in Crankworx slopestyle.

Hey!  2017 isn't my join date, joker!

March 6, 2017, 9:46 p.m.

10 years since the last update?  Time goes.  I remember people complaining at the time that it looked like two strips of duct tape on each side.

Any chance we'll get our old forum post counts back?  And the date of joining?  I was 2002 I think, which seems such a long time ago!  We'd post about re-building dirt jumps around UVic after they got ploughed under, the Outdoor Show was the beginning of the season and we cared about it, and Wade was still competing in Crankworx slopestyle.

Hey!  2017 isn't my join date, joker!

Whoops ;)

March 6, 2017, 10:16 p.m.

Via Chrome mobile:

When viewing the thread list for the NBR forum, the listed last page for a thread is one number too big. Selecting that number returns a "page not found".

Seems to happen when the last page in a thread is full - that is, adding another post will cause a new page to be created.

Last edited by: switch on March 6, 2017, 10:19 p.m., edited 1 time in total.