New Ford Ranger and Bronco

Jan. 13, 2017, 9 a.m.

whats the towing capacity on a Tacoma?

I towed a 2200# trailer(dry weight) with 20 gals of water,10 gals of fuel, all my camping shit, plus 2 full size motos and riding gear for two.

It would make the haul up to Onion with no issues and kept up to the flow of traffic(I would often pass bigger truck/trailer combos) on the Coq easily.

Funny enough, fuel costs for that setup are somewhat close to the fuel costs of the new setup.

I really wouldn't want to tow a trailer over 3500# with gear. I think the tow rating of my Toy was 6500#

Jan. 13, 2017, 8:24 p.m.

hahahah anyone paying 53K for a taco….

:eek:

Fucking crazy is what it is. After owning a late model fully loaded 4runner, and now an ecoboost f-150, all I can say is Toyotas are way over priced. My 4runner with 80k had both front wheel bearings replaced right away, and brakes that were really undergunned and wore out prematurely.

Toyota's biggest problem is that they are grossly under powered. Not the Tundra, but the 4L engine in the Taco/4runner is anemic. They post it at 270hp but I wouldn't be surprised if that number was more like 220.

We switched to an F150 with the smaller V6 engine and it was incredible the difference in power, especially for towing. 11,000lbs vs 5000lbs. I can tow my 4500lb trailer up the coq at 110km/hr comfortably with the Ford. The 4runner's shit engine would chug away at 60…. and the Ford's engine is smaller.

That said, a new Ford is so overpriced its laughable. Although how much is the new Nissan?

The domestic full size truck market was the best and I'd say it still is. The Duramax Chevy is unbeatable if you're wanting a HD diesel. The Ford HD I wouldn't touch with a 1000' pole and the Ram has a really good drivetrain but everything else is shit.

I also owned a base model 2wd Ranger and it was bombproof. Fully mechanical, very light, and never let me down.

Jan. 13, 2017, 8:33 p.m.

apparently when OJ did that car chase on TV news in a white bronco the next year sales of the Bronco went up 37%, so Ford was planning to disco the 2door bronco but they kept making it for a bit more

apparently OJ was driving so slow cuz he was listening to a Bball game on the radio

ya just can't get this type of entertainment anywhere else.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 13, 2017, 9:25 p.m.

Fucking crazy is what it is. After owning a late model fully loaded 4runner, and now an ecoboost f-150, all I can say is Toyotas are way over priced. My 4runner with 80k had both front wheel bearings replaced right away, and brakes that were really undergunned and wore out prematurely.

sure is interesting how people can have total polar views on things

The wife just went over 124k on her 2012 4runner and its been an absolute gem.
Also find the braking to be awesome with very little input needed. I usually need to ease up on my input as I don't drive it often.

Hopefully it continues like my Tacoma did for the 11 years I owned…..zero issues other than the rims had to be warrantied.

I know a few people that absolutely love their Fords and some that hate them…..

Jan. 13, 2017, 9:52 p.m.

The domestic full size truck market was the best and I'd say it still is. The Duramax Chevy is unbeatable if you're wanting a HD diesel. The Ford HD I wouldn't touch with a 1000' pole and the Ram has a really good drivetrain but everything else is shit.

Nailed it.

yeah bro!!

Jan. 13, 2017, 9:55 p.m.

whats the towing capacity on a Tacoma?

6400 pounds with the V6 and towing package.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 13, 2017, 9:57 p.m.

Also find the braking to be awesome with very little input needed. I usually need to ease up on my input as I don't drive it often.

Plus brake pad wear depends a lot on driving conditions and driving habits (especially the latter).

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 13, 2017, 10 p.m.

Hopefully it continues like my Tacoma did for the 11 years I owned…..zero issues other than the rims had to be warrantied.

Toyota lover….

Someone was going to say it.

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

Jan. 13, 2017, 10:25 p.m.

oh for sure. Hard not to with the luck Ive had, but honestly I think that is the case with most of the vehicles out there.

Google Ecoboost, Eco Diesel or Chevy AFM and read the horror stories….although I know owners of them all that love them

I bought the Chevy Diesel because its list seemed the shortest for issues. lol

Jan. 14, 2017, 12:41 a.m.

That said, a new Ford is so overpriced its laughable. Although how much is the new Nissan?

I also owned a base model 2wd Ranger and it was bombproof. Fully mechanical, very light, and never let me down.

Titan XD Diesel Pro4X or Limited is like 75 listed.
Thought everyone bought Ram for the bombproof engine and the tauto tranny was a pile of rubbish? I guess Dana 60s are pretty alright.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 14, 2017, 7:12 a.m.

Titan XD Diesel Pro4X or Limited is like 75 listed.
Thought everyone bought Ram for the bombproof engine and the tauto tranny was a pile of rubbish? I guess Dana 60s are pretty alright.

The newer 68RFE isn't that bad and the upgraded Asin is supposed to be really good.

I'm happy with my 16 3500 so far.

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

Jan. 14, 2017, 8:49 a.m.

I think almost everyone I know has replaced their dodge tranny unless they are driving a standard. They are also pretty well known for eating ball joints too

interestingly enough, when I was looking around at used Chevy's a few of the sellers were making the jump to Dodge as they felt the 2015/16's were a better truck.

I believe Chevy had made some changes to the 2017 diesel, although i'm not sure what they are.

Jan. 14, 2017, 9:23 a.m.

Every manufacturer makes a good vehicle and a turd. Even Toyota. My 2010 4runner limited was nice, but there were some QC issues for sure. The biggest non-QC issue, like I said, was that it was so underpowered. Minor issues like premature wheel bearing failures I can accept.

NA trucks generally have good engines and drivetrains but they shit the bed somewhere else. Like Rams and electrical problems.

6500lbs towing out of a Taco? I hope the gearing is quite a bit lower and the suspension made to handle that tongue weight because those trucks just aren't made for towing heavy trailers. My truck is rated for 11,000lbs but I would never tow that much with it! That poor tranny….

One of the biggest issues with the ecoboost engine is that people drive them way too hard. I've heard of cracked pistons and turbo failures. If you don't drive them like a moron then its an amazing engine. Speaking of driving like a moron, I had mine going 160 up the bear shed tunnel on the Coq. Not recommended! The 2017 3.5L has 475ft/lbs of torque which puts it into diesel territory.

Jan. 14, 2017, 9:36 a.m.

no way would I tow 6500lbs with a Toyota…maybe if I was towing something across town but not any further than that. I don't think I'd want to tow more than 3500#, hence the reason I bought a fiberglass super light trailer.

My Chev 2500HD is towing roughly 8000# which it does effortlessly, which is what I prefer.