new car

Oct. 14, 2003, 7:22 p.m.

chips are useless for manuals and cheaper cars. expensive and bump your power maybe 10hp max. with a auto it will make the tranny shift more race-like if the settings are right. all they usually do is screw around with valve and piston timing which if tuned right can bump your hp by 10. and like i said. the filter is a kit and does other tweeks too. try it for yourself. it will boost your power noticeably

"Fullness of knowledge always means some understanding of the depths of our ignorance; and that is always conducive to humility and reverence." - Robert Millikan

Oct. 14, 2003, 7:34 p.m.

Originally posted by Propagandhi
damn straight!

:kiss: do u still have that jeep???

how much u pay for that civic, is it a 4 door???

and if i see a white man drivign a ricer and listening to punk really loud, i will yell at you.

bike for sale: 04 16' matrix w/ 01 super t. 24/26 hayes hydros, top notch parts, excellent condition. 1100 obo

Oct. 14, 2003, 8:04 p.m.

Originally posted by Kirill
**:kiss: do u still have that jeep???

how much u pay for that civic, is it a 4 door???

and if i see a white man drivign a ricer and listening to punk really loud, i will yell at you. **

I sold my jeep to my mom, and my step dad use's it for hunting now.

Its a 2dr, hatchback. :lol: it sounds like a ricer cause i have a hole in the exhaust:lol:

I just took winger dinger out for a ride in it.

"He was never called cool, no, he never fit in,
Cause he thought for himself and he went against the trends"

Oct. 14, 2003, 8:05 p.m.

Originally posted by Propagandhi **money is the biggest issue. thats why im trying to find out about the small stuff first, (like the filter and intake and shit). I want awsome handling, but it has to have some minor engine mod's first.

So far, i like the light flywheel idea, exhaust, and good plugs and wire's. A turbo wouldnt be bad either:P **

You're not going to get much HP improvement with the engine you have in there. A cold air intake and CAT back setup will add a couple HP. Chipping it makes a very small difference at best. Lighter flywheel or internal gears help only a bit. You can do all these things and get maybe 10 more HP, but it's going to cost you a lot of money.

Suspension can be improved a fair bit, but again it can be expensive. Decent shocks, like Koni yellows, are probably $800. Coil-overs are even more. Springs (like the Eibach Prokit) and good stabilizer bars will run you about a grand installed. Do that, and put some +1 sized wheels, and the car will handle like on rails. But expect to pay about $2k for that.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 15, 2003, 7:36 p.m.

a mechanic at work today told me not to get a cold air intake until the weather gets better (spring), or the car might stall, and be harder on gas. due to the already cold air, or somthing, i dunno, i tuned him out…. lol

also, beside's the cat and muffler, what makes a "high preformance" exhaust, "high preformance?" It cant be the material that its made out of? or is it just the size (diamter) of the pipes?

Oct. 15, 2003, 8:13 p.m.

what about this grounding wire stuff? I'll call bullshit. Am i right?

http://www.autocarparts.com/part/1153/57/

Oct. 15, 2003, 8:22 p.m.

**I sold my jeep to my mom, and my step dad use's it for hunting now.

Its a 2dr, hatchback. :lol: it sounds like a ricer cause i have a hole in the exhaust:lol:

I just took winger dinger out for a ride in it. **

\
thank you for taking me for a ride in your 1991 honda civic

Oct. 15, 2003, 8:26 p.m.

Originally posted by WingerDinger
\
thank you for taking me for a ride in your 1991 honda civic

Your welcome. I am looking forward to taking you and your date for a ride from the Langley Albian ferry, to Walnut Grove Langley, on Friday October 17th.

Oct. 15, 2003, 8:38 p.m.

Your welcome. I am looking forward to taking you and your date for a ride from the Langley Albian ferry, to Walnut Grove Langley, on Friday October 17th.

How dare you forget the ride back to Maple Ridge

Oct. 15, 2003, 8:39 p.m.

Originally posted by WingerDinger
How dare you forget the ride back to Maple Ridge

if im drunk, thats a negative.

Oct. 16, 2003, 3:28 a.m.

Don't listen to the K[HTML_REMOVED]N crap. It helps, but no way will it give you 30hp. Maybe a couple hp at best.

Do the suspension mods I mentioned previously. I did it to my Civic, and it was awesome. Tight freeway off ramps at 120kph wasn't a problem, even in the rain.

If you go turbo, you'll need to do other engine mods. It's and expensive route, but the results can be impressive. A guy in California put dual T3/T4s on his 95 Civic Coupe. Cost him $15K USD. Ran low 11 seconds in the 1/4 mile.

Read this page for an overview of the various engine blocks and upgrade info.

I strongly suggest you go to Comptech Performance. It's on 5th Ave, between Cambie and Main. Ask for Mike. You should see his Civic hatchback that's on display in the shop. :drool:

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 16, 2003, 8 a.m.

Originally posted by switch
If you go turbo, you'll need to do other engine mods. It's and expensive route, but the results can be impressive. A guy in California put dual T3/T4s on his 95 Civic Coupe. Cost him $15K USD. Ran low 11 seconds in the 1/4 mile.

Was a HELL of alot more mods than that. Totally redid the car. Really nice actually. Probably the only civic's i actually respect.

Oct. 16, 2003, 2:43 p.m.

**a mechanic at work today told me not to get a cold air intake until the weather gets better (spring), or the car might stall, and be harder on gas. due to the already cold air, or somthing, i dunno, i tuned him out…. lol

also, beside's the cat and muffler, what makes a "high preformance" exhaust, "high preformance?" It cant be the material that its made out of? or is it just the size (diamter) of the pipes? **

Cold air intakes have a higher possibility of sucking water in with the air….the only option other then not buying one is to buy a bypass valve offrered by AEM( im sure thier are other compaines aswell) this lets no water pass into the engine or other undesireable effects from an intake too close to the ground.

Oct. 16, 2003, 3:54 p.m.

new exhaust system(full) would be the most effective mod. and yeah I did some research on the K[HTML_REMOVED]N filter kit and it wouldn't do nearly as much on a civic compared to an Expedition(my parents car) so in regards to this exhaust or cams are good too

"Fullness of knowledge always means some understanding of the depths of our ignorance; and that is always conducive to humility and reverence." - Robert Millikan

Oct. 16, 2003, 6:29 p.m.

Originally posted by switch
**Don't listen to the K[HTML_REMOVED]N crap. It helps, but no way will it give you 30hp. Maybe a couple hp at best.

Do the suspension mods I mentioned previously. I did it to my Civic, and it was awesome. Tight freeway off ramps at 120kph wasn't a problem, even in the rain.

Read this page for an overview of the various engine blocks and upgrade info.

I strongly suggest you go to Comptech Performance. It's on 5th Ave, between Cambie and Main. Ask for Mike. You should see his Civic hatchback that's on display in the shop. :drool: **

shit low 11's? The turbo idea is pretty pricey, and i doubt that would be worth doing to an older honda.

I wanna see this dude's hatchback, next time im in van im gonna stop there:)

thanks for all the advice!