new car

Oct. 13, 2003, 9:34 p.m.

hmmm, when i get some money, im gonna look into this.

my goal is to have a fast(er) car, that looks stock.

"He was never called cool, no, he never fit in,
Cause he thought for himself and he went against the trends"

Oct. 13, 2003, 10:47 p.m.

Originally posted by Propagandhi
I wanna get a jeep yj next, and do it up. iv driven a few of them at work, and they're pretty fun.

we are so going 4 wheeling in a few years when i get my 4runner or landy, or toyota p/u :)

bike for sale: 04 16' matrix w/ 01 super t. 24/26 hayes hydros, top notch parts, excellent condition. 1100 obo

Oct. 13, 2003, 11:06 p.m.

You need and interrior that doesn;t match to add about 50 Hp.

// What's Good // F U N E R A L // Ultramontane // DEEP SIX //

Oct. 14, 2003, 4:51 a.m.

vtec is shit.. all it does iis make mroe noise…

turbo conversion for maximum rice and go for bucks…

Oct. 14, 2003, 7:18 a.m.

Originally posted by Freerider
K[HTML_REMOVED]N air filter will boost power by around 30HP and improve your M/G. Of course you can go with a turbo or NOS or get an entire new exahust. If you get a turbo get an intercooler

haha dont we wish. the power diff from a new air filter alone is so minimal you wont even notice it while driving. if even the best full CAI kits with k[HTML_REMOVED]n filter add only about 10hp max to most cars.
and no, dont get NOS, it is for drag racing. if you are serious about making the car faster, do a low boost turbo 9-11 psi and new exhaust which would run about $4000 USD? idont have that kind of money so id just get some stiff anti-roll bars and springs/shocks and tires.

like that VW guy said, its cheaper and more fun to tune for the corners.

Oct. 14, 2003, 7:29 a.m.

NOS (Nitrous oxide Systems) is a brand name. Nitrous is the gas that you actually use. Calling it nitrous or n20 is correct. Nitrous would desimate you civic, unless you get a smaller kit, 50hp, dry kits (i think) do less damage, but as already said, its more of a drag thing. For a boost of power your basicly gonna want a turbo. Check e-bay, im sure there are tonnes of turbo kits for civics.

Oct. 14, 2003, 12:16 p.m.

Originally Posted by $500 Biker
**haha dont we wish. the power diff from a new air filter alone is so minimal you wont even notice it while driving. if even the best full CAI kits with k[HTML_REMOVED]n filter add only about 10hp max to most cars.
and no, dont get NOS, it is for drag racing. if you are serious about making the car faster, do a low boost turbo 9-11 psi and new exhaust which would run about $4000 USD? idont have that kind of money so id just get some stiff anti-roll bars and springs/shocks and tires.

like that VW guy said, its cheaper and more fun to tune for the corners.**

It for sure bumps up your power by AT LEAST 30hp, my dad and mom both put K[HTML_REMOVED]N filter kits on their vehicles and noticed an immediate change in power. It is most noticeable with an auto though because the auto dosn't kick down as much when going up hills (esp. the coquihalla) but it isn't an air filter only, it is a kit, it makes the intake bigger too so the engine can breath easier

"Fullness of knowledge always means some understanding of the depths of our ignorance; and that is always conducive to humility and reverence." - Robert Millikan

Oct. 14, 2003, 1:25 p.m.

STOP!

you dont wanna make your car go faster, you wanna cruise round realy slowly with your music blasting out loudly like a pure pimp.

Geeeeeeezus

Welsh pride dawg:wales:
[email protected]

Oct. 14, 2003, 3:23 p.m.

You have a good car that's pretty damn reliable. Save your money for something else.

If you want answers that are accurate, take your car to Comptech Performance. They know their shit better than anyone.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 14, 2003, 4:29 p.m.

Originally posted by Freerider
It for sure bumps up your power by AT LEAST 30hp, my dad and mom both put K[HTML_REMOVED]N filter kits on their vehicles and noticed an immediate change in power. It is most noticeable with an auto though because the auto dosn't kick down as much when going up hills (esp. the coquihalla) but it isn't an air filter only, it is a kit, it makes the intake bigger too so the engine can breath easier

Hahaha no offence, but a K[HTML_REMOVED]N air filter will NOT add near 30 hp. In fact ive never seen or heard of A full long runner cold air intake with a K[HTML_REMOVED]N filter make that much power. Thier might be some cases where the stock intake was extremly restrictive…but on no civic will a filter add 30 horses.

Oct. 14, 2003, 4:38 p.m.

Originally posted by ::RideSiK::
**vtec is shit.. all it does iis make mroe noise…

turbo conversion for maximum rice and go for bucks… **

Where in the name of god did you get the idea all vtec did was make more noise? It stands for "Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control" and is perfectly explained here.

http://www.howstuffworks.com/question229.htm

Oct. 14, 2003, 4:45 p.m.

"your intake should be fine. don't waste your money on a "cold air" or "high-flow" filter. usually, most air is held up at the mass airflow sensor, and there is also turbulance added because of the sensors too. the turbulance creates negative pressure in the intake tract, which isn't as much of a big deal on N/A cars as it is on turbos, but, its still there…."
You obviously know a bit about cars but how can you advise not getting an intake…but then advise a turbo or engine swap. Deciding to boost or swap your engine crosses that fine line between making it a bit more fun to drive to dumping serious money and time into your car. Simple stuff first, big stuff later…unless money and time is no object.

Oct. 14, 2003, 6:18 p.m.

Originally posted by Kirill
we are so going 4 wheeling in a few years when i get my 4runner or landy, or toyota p/u :)

damn straight!

Oct. 14, 2003, 6:24 p.m.

Originally posted by TwEaKeD
"your intake should be fine. don't waste your money on a "cold air" or "high-flow" filter. usually, most air is held up at the mass airflow sensor, and there is also turbulance added because of the sensors too. the turbulance creates negative pressure in the intake tract, which isn't as much of a big deal on N/A cars as it is on turbos, but, its still there…."
You obviously know a bit about cars but how can you advise not getting an intake…but then advise a turbo or engine swap. Deciding to boost or swap your engine crosses that fine line between making it a bit more fun to drive to dumping serious money and time into your car. Simple stuff first, big stuff later…unless money and time is no object.

money is the biggest issue. thats why im trying to find out about the small stuff first, (like the filter and intake and shit). I want awsome handling, but it has to have some minor engine mod's first.

So far, i like the light flywheel idea, exhaust, and good plugs and wire's. A turbo wouldnt be bad either:P

Oct. 14, 2003, 6:40 p.m.

What about a chip? Or is that a lost cause? How much do they go for? will it wear my engine out faster? gas milage?

lets hear it