new car

Oct. 13, 2003, 9:10 a.m.

Originally posted by Kirill
**most problems with " ricers" imo, is that they go outside - in, refering to exhaust, body kit, stickers!!!, mags, and so forth, and leave the engine to rust literally.

they should go in- then out
new intake, carb, pistons, so forth and so…. completley redo the engine.

i have nothing against people ricing or decking out a civic, juts do it right please.

ps troy: i know your a truck boy at heart and you'll go back when gas prices lower or u become rich :) **

:) they're will be another jeep in the near future.

"He was never called cool, no, he never fit in,
Cause he thought for himself and he went against the trends"

Oct. 13, 2003, 11:13 a.m.

I'm soon on ditching my van in the woods and going '91 GTI.

Any good tips for me other than exhaust, intake, etc? I need it to be economical. Economy first, a little fun second.

SOR

Oct. 13, 2003, 11:26 a.m.

Originally posted by Propagandhi
:) they're will be another jeep in the near future.

:kiss: i have to admit that i have sinned as well, i have considered many " ricers " as well as my first car. but then i usually consider some factors, if i ever got in an accident, id rather be in my american hunk a steel and still live than an something that will shatter on impact.

ps: same cherokee or will u spice it up a bit?

bike for sale: 04 16' matrix w/ 01 super t. 24/26 hayes hydros, top notch parts, excellent condition. 1100 obo

Oct. 13, 2003, 3:01 p.m.

Originally posted by Kirill
**:kiss: i have to admit that i have sinned as well, i have considered many " ricers " as well as my first car. but then i usually consider some factors, if i ever got in an accident, id rather be in my american hunk a steel and still live than an something that will shatter on impact.

ps: same cherokee or will u spice it up a bit? **

trucks are pretty fun for a first car, but get old fast. The car is somthing different, and ALOT easier on gas.

I wanna get a jeep yj next, and do it up. iv driven a few of them at work, and they're pretty fun.

Oct. 13, 2003, 3:29 p.m.

I want to do up a 1990 Accord Coupe.

Oct. 13, 2003, 3:33 p.m.

Originally posted by Sprinkles
Your one to talk, no need to flame ME all over the board becuase I pissed you off in the other thread. Hypocrite.

get outta my thread if you gonna pms

Oct. 13, 2003, 4 p.m.

As many people have said a good idea would be to make the car breathe better. Cold air intake….or just a short ram intake if ur on a serious budget. Header,not headers people its only a 4 cylinder,would also be a good idea. Exhaust should be up thier on your list aswell….and not all exhausts are "ricey" there are many that have decent power increases and a nice throaty growl….not the typical fart can super loud sound. A lightened flywheel, new wires, tires are also other things that can assist in pinching a bit more speed out of your civic without killing your wallet. I hope some of that helps.

Oct. 13, 2003, 4:29 p.m.

your intake should be fine. don't waste your money on a "cold air" or "high-flow" filter. usually, most air is held up at the mass airflow sensor, and there is also turbulance added because of the sensors too. the turbulance creates negative pressure in the intake tract, which isn't as much of a big deal on N/A cars as it is on turbos, but, its still there….

if you want to do a new engine, don't get a b16 as suggested by = 4 1 3 0 = … get a b18c. it can be had for much cheaper, is a direct-replacement, has .2 more litres of displacement, and creates more power. oh yea - did i mention its easier/cheaper to add a turbo kit to?

speaking of turbo kits…. GReddy makes a cheap one for hondas. i may be wrong, but i believe stage I is only about $1,600usd. if i was stuck in a honda, this is probably the route that i'd go. just keep in mind, that if you're going to turn to forced induction, that you should probably rebuild the block. i also would try to not run any more than about 8psi of boost, because of the age of the car. maybe have it spike at about 11psi, but, you don't want anything to get harmed.

my 2003 vw jetta wolfsburg 1.8t is currently spiking to 19psi, and maintaing 15psi until 6300rpm. the stock boost mapping is a spike to 11.5psi, and then 7.75psi until 6200rpm. yes, i am pushing the engine a bit, but, i also maintain her like crazy.

have fun with the little car though.

another route you may want to look at is suspension. a cupkit, anti-roll bars, and strut-tower braces would be a good start. depending on how much you want to invest, sub-frame braces could help too. a car that handles like its on rails (and trust me, no matter how much better it handles than the old jeep, it still isn't on rails by ANY MEANS, stock, compared to what a good susp. make-over would do for it….).

anyway though, going fast through the turns, is MUCH more exhilerating than going fast on the straights. and its usually cheaper, too…

either way you go though enjoy yourself. it will be a lot of fun.

Oct. 13, 2003, 8:47 p.m.

thanks alot guys.

Oct. 13, 2003, 8:47 p.m.

what about a throttle body spacer? I know i could get one for my old jeep cherokee, what about my honda?

Oct. 13, 2003, 8:50 p.m.

Hahaha if anyones PMSing its you, I was just joking around and bugging the guy. Hahaha geek!

PMS ???? you mean UMS don't you

UMS= Ugly Mood Swings

lol j/k

X

Oct. 13, 2003, 8:51 p.m.

Hahaha if anyones PMSing its you, I was just joking around and bugging the guy. Hahaha geek!

hahaha whore

Oct. 13, 2003, 9:15 p.m.

K[HTML_REMOVED]N air filter will boost power by around 30HP and improve your M/G. Of course you can go with a turbo or NOS or get an entire new exahust. If you get a turbo get an intercooler

"Fullness of knowledge always means some understanding of the depths of our ignorance; and that is always conducive to humility and reverence." - Robert Millikan

Oct. 13, 2003, 9:23 p.m.

shit, 30 horse?

Oct. 13, 2003, 9:28 p.m.

yup, it's only like 250 for it too…500 max depends where you get it. but it's a worthy upgrade. the filter needs to be cleaned regularly or your engine will bog going up hills

"Fullness of knowledge always means some understanding of the depths of our ignorance; and that is always conducive to humility and reverence." - Robert Millikan