New BC Offroad Law

Feb. 25, 2014, 6:38 p.m.

Yeah this is dumb. No way are they going to be able to enforce it

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Feb. 25, 2014, 7:40 p.m.

Look at how happy you fool's are to pay yet

Because you don't like the noise, or because you have some high and mighty idea that their two stroke dirtbike is more harmful than whatever you drive? By that logic they should tax the shit out of all gasoline engines because they are intrinsically less efficient than diesels.

This I am curious about. If I want to bring my dirtbike back home for the weekend, am I forced into taxation without representation?

lol "taxation without representation"

another tax, for the privilege of using YOUR land.
I pay licensing fees for my motor vehicles. No harm in a small fee and a plate for a motorbike that's going on public land.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 25, 2014, 8:56 p.m.

This coming from a guy in the land of the USFS,where land access is completely wide open.

I believe that ever person "working" for the forest circus should be charged with fraud for their mismanagement of public land. It starts with regulations like this, and the next thing you know there is a gate on every road and no jobs left in one of the most resource rich counties in the US.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Feb. 25, 2014, 9:11 p.m.

This I am curious about. If I want to bring my dirtbike back home for the weekend, am I forced into taxation without representation?

Ask your local teabagger, teabagger.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Feb. 25, 2014, 9:13 p.m.

Yeah this is dumb. No way are they going to be able to enforce it

Enforcement comes from the barrel of a gun.

I want to be an enforcer.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Feb. 25, 2014, 9:36 p.m.

I believe that ever person "working" for the forest circus should be charged with fraud for their mismanagement of public land. It starts with regulations like this, and the next thing you know there is a gate on every road and no jobs left in one of the most resource rich counties in the US.

Glass houses.

Pastor of Muppets

Feb. 25, 2014, 10:18 p.m.

The only positive thing that I can make out of this is that hopefully we won't have to buy the annualliability insurance they have been pushing on us for the last 3 seasons that nobody really seems to know anything about.

On the shitty side I see a lot of over zealous tree huggers calling in complaints on riders because the big scary engine scared them on their tiptoe through the tulips.

For the record I have a 2 stroke and its noisy and stinky

Feb. 25, 2014, 11:16 p.m.

well if yer motorized in a non motorized area what do you expect?

Feb. 25, 2014, 11:33 p.m.

I'm not insinuating that I ride where I'm not supposed to, from past experience people that don't like things that go brap don't like to see or hear them anywhere.

Feb. 26, 2014, 6:12 a.m.

what makes you think your right to ride your noisy stinky 2 stroke has more importance than others right to a nice quiet walk in the woods ?

ride your bike where you are supposed to and there won't be a problem .

if the big scary engine is being operated where it ain't supposed to be then the over zealous tree hugger has every right to call in the complaint .

for the record i have a nice quiet four stroke but this ain't a 2 st versus 4 st debate .

Feb. 26, 2014, 6:19 a.m.

what makes you think he is riding his bike where he's not supposed to?
maybe those people are walking where they arent supposed to.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Feb. 26, 2014, 6:30 a.m.

that is a very good possibility adam . . . both of those scenarios could be true .

i've had experiences on both sides of the fence , but more often than not , the riders who tend to be riding where they shouldn't be are more likely to be loud and obnoxious and seem to take delight in the " in your face " approach .

true story . . . a guy on a loud bike riding through alpha lake park in whistler through families and dogs and just can't help but crack the throttle WFO as he's leaving . clearly out of place , and for good reason , couldn't he have just idled through and hoped no one noticed him ?

Feb. 26, 2014, 6:41 a.m.

that is a very good possibility adam . . . both of those scenarios could be true .

i've had experiences on both sides of the fence , but more often than not , the riders who tend to be riding where they shouldn't be are more likely to be loud and obnoxious and seem to take delight in the " in your face " approach .

true story . . . a guy on a loud bike riding through alpha lake park in whistler through families and dogs and just can't help but crack the throttle WFO as he's leaving . clearly out of place , and for good reason , couldn't he have just idled through and hoped no one noticed him ?

yeah for sure, but he's probably also not going to license his bike…
what BC needs is actual designated motorized vehicle rec areas like they have pretty much everywhere else.. then MAYBE this whole license thing would fly with me, but as of now they have nothing. at least not on the island.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Feb. 26, 2014, 8:52 a.m.

I'm not insinuating that I ride where I'm not supposed to, from past experience people that don't like things that go brap don't like to see or hear them anywhere.

because with modern tech/ GPS people still " get lost??!! ;)"

Up here the motor heads didn't want to cut the pie up they don't want to acknowledge that the world has changed and they can't ride wherever they want cuz they always have .

As one of my govy buds said "if they are smart they will cut up the pie and get their piece … before the gov gives it to someone else" which given the development up here could very well happen

at this point sounds like the summer RAMP is agreed upon and really it was just laying it all out who gets what, they still couldn't ride in the alpine for eg before the agreement and they won't after its inked so the motor heads didn't get or lose anything they didn't already have according to an ex labor lawyer buddy who said " no body is happy which usually indicates a pretty fair agreement"

winter RAMP might be way more contentious

Feb. 26, 2014, 4:39 p.m.

Every sport is going to have an element that just doesn't want to play within the rules. Mountain bikers are going to poach hiking trails. Hikers are going to hike into closed areas like watersheds. Moto guys are going to poach everything.

Some are going to be nice about it, and some are going to be dicks.