New BC Offroad Law

Feb. 26, 2014, 6:32 p.m.

Yeah this is dumb. No way are they going to be able to enforce it

I think it may have less to do with enforcing but more with the 3 L's. So if something bad happens like some Quadtard pinning it down some logging road around blind corners and visually inspects say Tacklebox's grill work. The province can say that they did something and are not responsible.

But from what I understand they already do this plate thing in Saskatchewan and Ontario. And from what I have seen and heard here it's the areas close to urban centers where the majority of the focus will be. Rural areas will unless someone is acting like a Jack Ass be pretty much ignored.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Feb. 26, 2014, 8:13 p.m.

My buddy was riding his bike in the woods behind a gate and hit a truck. He got fined from icbc and made him pay damages on the truck because apparently even though it's gated it's still a public road. Fucking idiot white man laws. Get fucked we don't need more laws ok.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Feb. 26, 2014, 8:19 p.m.

I disagree, up here in NW BC we are in the middle of nowhere and still the leaf likers and the motor heads are having to deal with a Recreational Acess Management Plan or RAMP, possibly even more so here cuz we got really together leaf likers, so IMO there are issues everywhere in the province that people who recreate in the BC in BC will have to address …you can not just stick yer head in the sand and say you don't wana play

Feb. 26, 2014, 8:28 p.m.

My buddy was riding his bike in the woods behind a gate and hit a truck. He got fined from icbc and made him pay damages on the truck because apparently even though it's gated it's still a public road. Fucking idiot white man laws. Get fucked we don't need more laws ok.

While I'm not sure ICBC should be able to reach that far, I can't feel too bad about someone paying for the damage they caused.

Feb. 26, 2014, 8:40 p.m.

So buddy shouldn't get fined or shouldn't pay for the damage to the truck so altho you were totally vague I assume its a dirt bike that hit the truck?

was buddy a 1st nations or white or or … ??

Feb. 26, 2014, 8:47 p.m.

bizarre, cuz I always thought insurance was null and void on FSR's, especially closed ones. so what jurisdiction does ICBC have then to fine a perp?

Feb. 26, 2014, 9:07 p.m.

bizarre, cuz I always thought insurance was null and void on FSR's, especially closed ones. so what jurisdiction does ICBC have then to fine a perp?

No idea. They basically rooted through his truck to get his insurance papers, while he was limping out of the woods. I couldn't believe it when he told me either.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Feb. 26, 2014, 10:41 p.m.

First thing,you have to reg snowmobiles afaik,so what's the difference?

do you ever wonder how many hot off road vehiclas are running around out there ?

In spite of the sled registration an industry person told me [HTML_REMOVED] half the sleds at the 2010 BigIron shootout/ aviy incident were winched out to a compound but never claimed cuz they had funny S/N's

Feb. 26, 2014, 11:08 p.m.

what BC needs is actual designated motorized vehicle rec areas like they have pretty much everywhere else.. then MAYBE this whole license thing would fly with me, but as of now they have nothing.

??? Not sure about the island, but what do you consider, Vedder, Chipmunk, Tamahi, Nicklemine, Duffy, Inks, Bear Creek, etc.? I thought they were all designated OHV areas, promoted by BCORMA and recognized by the gov't as such.

Guessing the guys whining about $35 or whatever it will be for bike reg are the same guys that whine about $20 for a BCORMA trailpass, but will happily blow $8k every year or two on a new bike, then complain when there is nowhere to ride? :ohthedrama:

Feb. 26, 2014, 11:22 p.m.

Insurance – On public roads and highways, basic insurance continues to be a requirement for all motorists; ORV riders who choose to cross at designated public road crossings will require insurance. On Forest Service Roads, liability insurance CONTINUES to be a requirement. On Crown land, liability insurance is voluntary but recommended.

http://www.for.gov.bc.ca/mof/orv/qa.htm

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 27, 2014, 5:39 a.m.

was buddy a 1st nations or white or or … ??

what does that have to do with anything?

Pastor of Muppets

Feb. 27, 2014, 5:40 a.m.

He hit the truck.

Why shouldnt he be held responsible?

Pastor of Muppets

Feb. 27, 2014, 5:40 a.m.

bizarre, cuz I always thought insurance was null and void on FSR's, especially closed ones.

Not true

Pastor of Muppets

Feb. 27, 2014, 6:03 a.m.

Fucking idiot white man laws

I should think this remark would come from a 1st nation?

kind of a anti-white rascist remark ?

Ok so I'm not really very white

Feb. 27, 2014, 6:10 a.m.

Hilarious how fast blame is handed out based on pretty much no information at all

Ha Ha! Made you look.