new bank?

Oct. 17, 2011, 9:56 a.m.

fuck banks

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Oct. 17, 2011, 10:04 a.m.

fuck banks

why because its popular to say fuck banks ? FWIW a lot of customers are major fuckups, I can't count the number of times I have seen a teller come up to an admin officer and say this person is complaining about yadayada and the admin will ya say that guy bounces checks and fucks up all the time … the charges stand

they are a business you need so find a good business and don't be a fuckup yourself

Oct. 17, 2011, 10:04 a.m.

fuck banks

Jesus christ, have you been on your period the last few days or something?

www.natooke.com

Oct. 17, 2011, 10:06 a.m.

laid off.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Oct. 17, 2011, 10:10 a.m.

Exactly. If you give them your business, they'll do pretty much anything for you.

And exactly how much are you bringing the bank?
A mortgage, a TFSA with a few grand, and massive CC debt, like the typical Canadian?

It's much like choosing a dentist, doctor, mechanic, etc. You need to interview banks [HTML_REMOVED] bank managers to see what they will do for you.

:lol:

Again, if you have the money you can do these things. But try to interview the bank manager when you have nothing to offer, and you'll be laughed out of the bank. It's not fair, but let's face it, that's how the business of banking works.

For those who have less than $100g you're better off going to a credit union.

Oct. 17, 2011, 10:13 a.m.

what do you get for 300$ a year that makes it worth every penny ?

Peace of mind.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 17, 2011, 10:20 a.m.

Peace of mind.

…reassuringly expensive

why do they give you more peace of mind that CC, though?

Oct. 17, 2011, 10:30 a.m.

What do I get? Well, I ain't bitching like a lot of people in this thread…

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 17, 2011, 10:54 a.m.

Go to TD. Open up a Line of Credit. Treat it like a bank account (ie, hold a balance). Free banking!

My photos | Green Avocado

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.

Guns kill people just like pens cause spelling mistakes, cars create drunk drivers and spoons create fat people.

PM me to learn how to use credit card bonuses to fly for free.

Oct. 17, 2011, 10:59 a.m.

Go to TD. Open up a Line of Credit. Treat it like a bank account (ie, hold a balance). Free banking!

go to coast capital. open a normal bank account. do whatever you please. free banking!

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

Oct. 17, 2011, 11:01 a.m.

fuck TD. 25 transactions a month? that's like a week

student accounts also get hammered with "passbook fees" if you have less than 2k in it

Oct. 17, 2011, 11:01 a.m.

I pay RBC $300 a year to keep my money, and it's worth every penny.

yeah, i used to think the same with TD where I banked, until I switched to coast capital. now i get peace of mind and don't pay 25 bucks a month for it.

Oct. 17, 2011, 11:05 a.m.

And exactly how much are you bringing the bank?
A mortgage, a TFSA with a few grand, and massive CC debt, like the typical Canadian?

:lol:

Again, if you have the money you can do these things. But try to interview the bank manager when you have nothing to offer, and you'll be laughed out of the bank. It's not fair, but let's face it, that's how the business of banking works.

For those who have less than $100g you're better off going to a credit union.

You need to look at it differently. As much as most people can't get their head around it, banks need your business. With that, you have a choice and you certainly don't have to be dictated to.
You most certainly do have something to offer too - you have a lifetime of interest payments to make as you go through life carrying a mortgage or a car loan or what have you.

Oct. 17, 2011, 11:08 a.m.

fuck banks

laid off.

Oct. 17, 2011, 11:32 a.m.

fuck TD. 25 transactions a month? that's like a week

In all honesty, I ask … why does anyone need that many transactions/mo? If you plan just a little bit, you can get away with 4 or 5 /mo.

Get a no-fee credit card and use it for payments. Always pay the entire balance each month so you don't get dinged with interest. Make one CC payment/month, earn points or cash-back on the CC.

Take one or two monthly cash withdrawals from the account for all other transactions where the CC doesn't work.

Make as many of your regular, larger payments (utilities, etc) on the CC if possible, otherwise just do online transfer straight from the account.

Problem solved.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.