new bank?

Oct. 16, 2011, 9:31 p.m.

My kid had the PC bank and it was impossible to send him money to buy a car …I ended up sending him a bank draft by greyhound

As a virtual bank ING has been great to deal with including getting a great deal on a mortgage,great rates no hassles or screwups

TD isnt too bad to deal with, I think HKB is better

I would never deal with a bank who will not answer the phone in the branch which leaves out RBC [HTML_REMOVED] BOM, there seems to be a lot of kids working at RBC's

BOM has the stupidest people I have ever dealt with, one even told me "we are not as stupid as we look" CIBC would follow cloesely behind BOM

Scotia bank answers the phone and generaly most branches are staffed by older women with common sense …my "bricks [HTML_REMOVED] mortar" bank

Oct. 17, 2011, 5:24 a.m.

women with common sense

I was pretty sure you were on the level,but then you typed this.

Pastor of Muppets

Oct. 17, 2011, 7:10 a.m.

OK I meant to say more common sense than the kids they hire at RBC or the idiots at BOM becuz IME there is a culture in every bank good bad or stupid

Oct. 17, 2011, 7:14 a.m.

Really? is it CC to CC though? I know that when people try sending me money Via TD I cannot accept the payment.

You can't. Sleeper is using his imajination

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

Oct. 17, 2011, 7:18 a.m.

I pay RBC $300 a year to keep my money, and it's worth every penny.

what do you get for 300$ a year that makes it worth every penny ?

Oct. 17, 2011, 7:24 a.m.

Did you just turn 18? RBC has been charging an account fee for years? They didn't just "start" charging you $6. Last time I checked $6 is on the low side. It covers me for all of my cross institution transaction fees. All my uses of my debit card are covered. My GF is with Coast and although the no fee is nice. If she uses her card at an RBC terminal for instance Coast charges her a service fee. It adds up to $6 pretty fast if youre like me and dont like driving around looking for a credit union that will let you bank for free.

Oct. 17, 2011, 7:36 a.m.

if you have multiple accounts you don't pay as much or anything

i've had CC and RBC for a few years. slowly - very slowly - migrating to CC.

Oct. 17, 2011, 8:36 a.m.

I don't know what you folks are on about. I've been at RBC for over 20 years and no complaints. I've had the same "day to day" banking account since I moved to Van in 1991 and the $4/month hasn't changed in a very long time.

http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/products/deposits/index.html

Hmmm … just did some reading, if I get a Visa card, I'm eligible for no fee banking.

brb, filling out no-fee visa card app.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Oct. 17, 2011, 8:39 a.m.

get Visa Avion if you fly…no issues with RBC, one of the better banks imo. CC is a little cheaper. Plus I'd rather support a credit union - this is the main reason for me.

Oct. 17, 2011, 8:40 a.m.

I don't know what you folks are on about. I've been at RBC for over 20 years and no complaints. I've had the same "day to day" banking account since I moved to Van in 1991 and the $4/month hasn't changed in a very long time.

http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/products/deposits/index.html

Hmmm … just did some reading, if I get a Visa card, I'm eligible for no fee banking.

brb, filling out no-fee visa card app.

Kn.

That's what I posted above. Have an account with RBC, along with a Visa and an investment account and there are no fees.

Fraser Valley Mountain Bikers Assoc.

Oct. 17, 2011, 8:50 a.m.

I use pc financial. The only issue I've had with them was getting a mony order made, it took a business day anD I picked it p at a cibc - not a big deal as I rarely need money orders.

You can transfer funds via interact money transfer as well.

Oct. 17, 2011, 9:29 a.m.

I'm with the others… 6 bucks a month is cheap, take it and avoid the hassles of switching. Or, conversely, act like you always do and don't listen to the majority, complain about it, and cry later that transferring your account was a raw deal.

Oct. 17, 2011, 9:40 a.m.

my issues with banks have stemmed from being a contracter, so the burning question for me was always, if these people are too stupid to help me to help them … should I trust them to deal with my money?

I go with the 2 bank approach a real bank and a virtual bank

for any kind of large $ amounts or for the mortgage ING always has better rates which I could easliy acess and the money was transfered into my bricks [HTML_REMOVED] mortar bank in 1 day and so ING makes more $ off of me and I make more $ off of them

For the "real bank" scotia is good up north they have or at least had a VP in PeeG they don't make much money off of me

and with ING you apply on line so they can't see how sketchy you look

Oct. 17, 2011, 9:45 a.m.

Have an account with RBC, along with a Visa and an investment account and there are no fees.

Exactly. If you give them your business, they'll do pretty much anything for you.

It's much like choosing a dentist, doctor, mechanic, etc. You need to interview banks [HTML_REMOVED] bank managers to see what they will do for you.

Oct. 17, 2011, 9:49 a.m.

You need to interview banks [HTML_REMOVED] bank managers to see what they will do for you.

nowadays a bank manager lasts about as long as a breath mint before he gets transfered