netflix no worky on android tablet???

Sept. 7, 2013, 6:17 p.m.

Bought a couple of cheapo lenovo tabs for the groms to destroy, can't get netflix to work beyond the red loading screen.

Halpz for repz?

Pastor of Muppets

Sept. 7, 2013, 6:24 p.m.

did you dl the app or are you trying to get the webpage to load?

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Sept. 7, 2013, 7:04 p.m.

Dl'd the app,chose a show and it stays on the loading screen. Updated everything I could as there was apparently a glitch in a recent version, no luck though.

Pastor of Muppets

Sept. 7, 2013, 7:08 p.m.

Bought a couple of cheapo lenovo tabs for the groms to destroy, can't get netflix to work beyond the red loading screen.

Halpz for repz?

Update Android to latest release (4.3), upgrade Netflix to latest release. Netflix does regular updates, and its app no play nice if you don't keep everytihing up-to-date.

Sept. 7, 2013, 8:56 p.m.

Update Android to latest release (4.3), upgrade Netflix to latest release. Netflix does regular updates, and its app no play nice if you don't keep everytihing up-to-date.

Apparently there is no 4.3 for these tablets…..more halps or angry guy at the returns desk?

Lenovo A1000 if you care…..

Pastor of Muppets

Sept. 7, 2013, 10:11 p.m.

That thing has crappy … would suggest returning it. Apparently it is not upgradeable.

http://www.techhive.com/article/2046654/lenovos-ideatab-a1000-is-craptastically-cheap.html

You can also try

Settings [HTML_REMOVED] Applications [HTML_REMOVED] Manage Applications [HTML_REMOVED] Netflix and tapping on Clear Data and then Uninstall

and then reintall the app.

Sept. 7, 2013, 10:12 p.m.

Yeah, I'd return them and get the original Nexus 7. You should be able to find the 16GB version for under $200. Upgrade it to 4.3 and your kids will be good to go.

I don't think any non-Nexus tablets have gotten 4.3 yet, and most probably won't.

Sept. 7, 2013, 10:15 p.m.

yeah! I bought cheapos expecting the kids to wreck them anyways,had no idea they couldn't be upgraded or even used with current apps.

taking them back tomorrow.

Pastor of Muppets

Sept. 7, 2013, 10:16 p.m.

Yeah, I'd return them and get the original Nexus 7. You should be able to find the 16GB version for under $200. Upgrade it to 4.3 and your kids will be good to go.

thanks tips:-)

Pastor of Muppets

Sept. 7, 2013, 10:28 p.m.

I don't think any non-Nexus tablets have gotten 4.3 yet, and most probably won't.

the nexus 7 sucked. i couldnt give them away when i used to sell them. find a 7" samsung tab 2. should be $150-$175 now. bought that and a otterbox case for my kid for her bday. she has dropped that thing off her top bunk with no issues.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Sept. 8, 2013, 7:27 a.m.

the nexus 7 sucked. i couldnt give them away when i used to sell them. find a 7" samsung tab 2. should be $150-$175 now. bought that and a otterbox case for my kid for her bday. she has dropped that thing off her top bunk with no issues.

You're pretty much the only person who thinks that. The nexus 7 is a great little unit. The only draw back was the lack of expandable memory.

Sept. 8, 2013, 8 a.m.

Not everyone thinks they are great

http://tablet-news.com/2013/06/19/nexus-7-issues-become-widespread-crashing-issue-ram-problem-and-more/

There are millions of them out there. Had mind for over a year with no issues.

Sept. 8, 2013, 8:01 a.m.

You're pretty much the only person who thinks that. The nexus 7 is a great little unit. The only draw back was the lack of expandable memory.

My fiancee got one for her birthday this year and it was a piece of shit out of the box. Internet wouldn't connect, would randomly shut on and off. It was so bad that when we returned it the retailer was well aware of how crappy they were and knew why we were returning it before we even said anything.

I saw a bunch come back where I worked too. Batteries not holding a charge right out of the box, the screen actually separating from the back, internet not connecting at all.

They very well may be a great little unit but my experience with them is extremely poor.

She exchanged hers and with a few bucks more got a 16gb 8" samsung tab 3.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Sept. 8, 2013, 8:30 a.m.

I've had one for almost a year, use it pretty much every day and no problems. The Nexus 4 phone, on the other hand … the Android 4.3 update bricked my kid's 6-week old phone and its been 2 weeks since I took it in to be fixed/replaced, and have heard nothing yet from LG.

http://www.neowin.net/news/nexus-4-owners-frustrated-over-android-43-update-which-threatens-to-brick-phones

Sept. 9, 2013, 10:21 a.m.

A quick Google search tells me that this problem is fixed by installing the A1000F_A412_01_23_130822_ROW update. It might not be available in NA yet, sometime OTA updates can take a while to trickle down, particularly if the company isn't a major player in the NA market like Lenovo. Just keep going to settings[HTML_REMOVED]About Device[HTML_REMOVED]system updates (or similar, not sure how the menu structure is configured) and keep checking for the OTA update.